• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why are so many furries gay?

Orangecoon

Fly Fly Pizza pie
like ive been around this fandom for about 4 years and ive noticed a large percentage of male furries are gay or bi. and ive also noticed the lack of attractive female furries too. im just gunna guess there is a correlation between these two. also i feel like the point of desperation of just wanting to be loved or liked by anyone builds up after not being in any relationship at all after being alive on this planet for 18+ years.... i read somewhere that being straight has constrictions where being gay doesnt, i dont see the validity in that at all. also on another note, for those who are gay or bi now were you straight before being a furry?

Havas

I have no idea what I'm doing.
I guess they are just not afraid to reveal their sexuality in a somewhat accepting community.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I agree that it's interesting, but I'm not so sure furries are likely to be gay because there are too few women; if you look at female furries a large portion of them are lesbians and your argument can't explain that.

I chalk it up to that fact that furries are kinda different and gay people are kinda different so i guess we're all literally kinda queer

Orangecoon

Fly Fly Pizza pie
I chalk it up to that fact that furries are kinda different and gay people are kinda different so i guess we're all literally kinda queer
its strange the social norm in the furry fandom is to become gay/bi or lesbian if youre a female. obviously there are those who are straight like I but what goes on in our fandom that makes people crave their same gender...

Fallowfox

its strange the social norm in the furry fandom is to become gay/bi or lesbian if youre a female. obviously there are those who are straight like I but what goes on in our fandom that makes people crave their same gender...

I'm not sure. I'm wondering whether gay people are more likely to be fetishists and hence more likely to be furry fetishists. If they find out they like furries before they really find out they're gay, then that may explain the fandom's preponderance of latent homosexuals.

But that's just me bullshitting.

perkele

Because furries are cute little feminine things, and straight people don't want to identify with that. It is about the most unmasculine thing imaginable.

Orangecoon

Fly Fly Pizza pie
Because furries are cute little feminine things, and straight people don't want to identify with that. It is about the most unmasculine thing imaginable.
i see your point, probably explains why i wont ever announce to many including family my furry interests. but theres some furry content that is masculine.

Fallowfox

I don't know, a big wolf man or tiger isn't exactly feminine; it's hyper-masculine.

Hey my sona wears shades and kills dudes don't call me feminine :mad:

But in all seriousness, it's dumb that some straight guys can't accept that cute things can be cool too.

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
I've known plenty of guys who are straight and like cute stuff. But whatever- I think it's more that it's more accepting here to be what you are, rather than less cool to be straight cuz shit's cute.

Birchnutter

ayyyy lmao
I always assumed that it was because, with a fandom that's so open about pretty much everything, they're just not afraid to flaunt their interests.

like ive been around this fandom for about 4 years and ive noticed a large percentage of male furries are gay or bi. and ive also noticed the lack of attractive female furries too. im just gunna guess there is a correlation between these two. also i feel like the point of desperation of just wanting to be loved or liked by anyone builds up after not being in any relationship at all after being alive on this planet for 18+ years.... i read somewhere that being straight has constrictions where being gay doesnt, i dont see the validity in that at all. also on another note, for those who are gay or bi now were you straight before being a furry?

Personally I think the cause that perhaps more gay people are attracted to the portrayal as opposed to straight people is because animals don't have gender. Now stick with me here, I know gender and sex aren't the same thing, that being said though there are many aspects of our society that are reliant on heteronormative culture. Gay people tend to stick out from these norms because they don't always comply to the idea of having "one man and one woman" in a relationship, and by association, a feminine and masculine role. Animals do not naturally have gender in the wild, and therefore don't have relationships with inherently feminine and masculine roles, so really it's due to a breakdown of societal structures that make furries attractive.

This is honestly a short overview though; I actually wrote a journal about this recently if anyone doesn't understand > Art, Fursona + Gender, Plans, BIRTHDAY! -- paroapockinroo's Journal -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Orangecoon

Fly Fly Pizza pie
Hey my sona wears shades and kills dudes don't call me feminine :mad:

But in all seriousness, to have feminine fetishes like cross-dressing
Also straight men are more likely to have feminine fetishes like cross-dres
Personally I think the cause that perhaps more gay people are attracted to the portrayal as opposed to straight people is because animals don't have gender. Now stick with me here, I know gender and sex aren't the same thing, that being said though there are many aspects of our society that are reliant on heteronormative culture. Gay people tend to stick out from these norms because they don't always comply to the idea of having "one man and one woman" in a relationship, and by association, a feminine and masculine role. Animals do not naturally have gender in the wild, and therefore don't have relationships with inherently feminine and masculine roles, so really it's due to a breakdown of societal structures that make furries attractive.

This is honestly a short overview though; I actually wrote a journal about this recently if anyone doesn't understand > Art, Fursona + Gender, Plans, BIRTHDAY! -- paroapockinroo's Journal -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
i see were that makes sense

I like to think there are so many gay and bi furries because it's a pretty accepting fandom and people (for the majority) don't have to worry about others judging them for their sexuality or just about anything really.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
Why are so many furries gay?
I dunno, why is Ellen Degeneres gay, even though she's not a furfag?
:V

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
dog dickkkkkkkk