• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why are you gay

I've always wondered why people are gay. If you're gay, please let me know in this thread why you are. Thanks.
From what I understand, sexuality isn't a choice. There is proof linking it to genetics. So no one really knows why they're gay or straight, they just know what they find attractive. I'm bi personally. Just recently discovered that...

If gay is in the genetics, how is it that before I came across the fandom I was straight?
How old were you when you first came across the fandom? People don't usually discover their true sexuality until late in puberty and is usually when you're exposed to certain things that you find appealing.

Ps. I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
How old were you when you first came across the fandom? People don't usually discover their true sexuality until late in puberty and is usually when you're exposed to certain things that you find appealing.

Ps. I'm no claiming to be any sort of expert.
I came across the fandom in July 2014. In February 2015 I decided I was bi, and in November 2015 I was full homo. I am 18 years old.

perkele

Bad Faith Argument

Ps. I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert.

I was 12, a lot of furries wanted to help me discover my sexuality, and it was very uncomfortable for me. I feel like I was robbed of a normal sex life. :(

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
I was 12, a lot of furries wanted to help me discover my sexuality, and it was very uncomfortable for me. I feel like I was robbed of a normal sex life. :(
Since when did furries have a sex life?

I came across the fandom in July 2014. In February 2015 I decided I was bi, and in November 2015 I was full homo. I am 18 years old.
That would go along with what I said about late puberty. Once again, I'm not an expert though. I discovered I was bi last year, and it didn't feel like a choice at all.

Yeah, it is definitely a strange thing. I guess it doesn't matter as long as you find someone in the end though? I won't claim to know how you feel.

serious responses only plz
To my knowledge, sexuality isn't a choice, as I've said. So there really isn't a "cure" to heterosexuality. It just means that your gene's didn't get screwed up somewhere along the lines.

Ps. Sorry for the first response. I thought you were joking.

perkele

Bad Faith Argument
To my knowledge, sexuality isn't a choice, as I've said. So there really isn't a "cure" to heterosexuality. It just means that your gene's didn't get screwed up somewhere along the lines.

Ps. Sorry for the first response. I thought you were joking.

I think it should be up to the individual to make up their choice of sexuality. I know some people like to leave it up to genetics but I'm not comfortable feeling we're made up just of chemicals.

I think it should be up to the individual to make up their choice of sexuality. I know some people like to leave it up to genetics but I'm not comfortable feeling we're made up just of chemicals.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't believe we're all just chemicals either.

I don't necessarily see it as being screwed up. If you look at the big picture, it seems it may be entirely necessary to have some individuals to not procreate, such as to assist in preventing overpopulation (my personal speculation).
That is a very interesting point. It would make sense. PM me if you wanted to talk about this further, so we don't derail the thread.

i believe we're all chemicals. sources: me, i have an literal BS in chemistry.
I'm assuming that is a degree of some form? Unless it was an abbreviation of bullshit. XD