• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why aren't there any walrus fursonas?

powderhound

My brother says its because: "walruses typically arn't good dancers. I'd like to see someone try and do a backflip in a walrus costume."

Retro

im secretly a ghost
Why aren't there more...this thing fursonas?

biovision-blob-fish-600-69817.jpg

Sgt._Crotchburn___Big_Beautiful_Blobfish.png

There are blobfish fursonas.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Well I know Kiryu had drawn a few walruses.

Holtzmann

Juular.
Jamie Hyneman has a walrus fursona.
Close. Jamie Hyneman is in fact Adam Savage's autonomous fursuit, built using a combination of Grant's knowledge of robotics and Tory's massive archive of vintage late 40's and early 50's Woody Woodpecker movies. Kari fluffed up the mustache.

Planet Swag

cardboard
I think if I could find a way to make the moustache look less prominent, I think a walrus-character would make for an awesome-looking curvaceous pin-up-lady. ; u ;

What
did
i
just
read

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Maybe this is circular reasoning but the reason why there aren't so many walrus fursonas out there, is that not one person wants to have a walrus fursona. Even if one person wanted to be different, his difference would cause other people to be rebellious and have walrus fursonas too. Walruses are fat, ugly, mustachioed creatures that are neither mammalian, majestic, nor easy to anthropomorphize or sexualize, unlike wolves, foxes, lions, and rabbits.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
This reminds me of a comic named Grandville, in which all the animals who aren't well-represented in the fandom like hippos, poodles, walruses, hyenas, badgers, and mice take center stage. It isn't until the second book that we begin to see our first wolf.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Maybe this is circular reasoning but the reason why there aren't so many walrus fursonas out there, is that not one person wants to have a walrus fursona. Even if one person wanted to be different, his difference would cause other people to be rebellious and have walrus fursonas too. Walruses are fat, ugly, mustachioed creatures that are neither mammalian, majestic, nor easy to anthropomorphize or sexualize, unlike wolves, foxes, lions, and rabbits.
Walrus are most definitely mammalian.

And it wouldn't take much creativity to anthropomorphize one. I think it would be cool as hell. But then I'm pro-obscure species.