• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why can’t everyone just get along?

AustinB

Professional loser
This is probably going to be a bit of a rant. But I just don’t know why the hell nobody can get along anymore? All over the internet and in real life I see people arguing, fighting, sending each other death threats and even killing other people simply because they can’t get along. Why? I’m not saying it’s bad to have different opinions. But at least learn to respect someone who has a different mindset than you. There’s already so much hatred, violence, aggression, and negativity in this fucked up sorry excuse of a world. Don’t add on to that. Even if someone is being a jackass, either ignore them or try to change them into being a better person. I see all these posts on the internet about how “everyone is so selfish and rude” and how “humanity is a cancer and everyone is an asshole.” Well, what are you doing to prevent that? Good people seem to be becoming rarer and rarer nowadays. In America, for example, everyone is seemingly blaming each other for everything. Everyone is becoming so divided. If you even think that one bit of what they’re saying is correct, you’re either a racist nazi, or a snowflake SJW. I’m so fucking tired of this. Everywhere I go, there’s always some drama going on. It’s so fucking stupid. Life is too short for this petty bullshit. So how about instead of spending it being a miserable sob that hates everyone and everything, you live your life to the fullest extent? Because once you’re on your death bed in the hospital, you’re going to regret it. There’s so much trash in the world, so how about we try to clean it up instead of add on to the pile? Who cares if someone has a different political opinion? Who cares if someone chooses to believe in something you don’t agree with? Who cares if someone wants to date someone you dislike? Just move on. It shouldn’t even bother you in the first place. I’m just so sick of everyone fighting and hurting each other over the dumbest shit. If we keep this up, we’ll all end up dead sooner or later. I’m already scared enough we might be sent into a nuclear holocaust because of all the crud that’s currently going on right now. So I’m going to ask a question. Is it really worth it? Is it really worth it to be a negative fuck? What does a person get out of it? Causing pain and misery for no justifiable reason? The current state of this planet is so screwed up. I don’t think I can handle living in this world. But I’m not going to kill myself. I was put here for a reason. I’m going to do everything I can to try and make the world a better place, and I hope other people will set aside their differences and try to help out as well. I hope I’m not alone here with thinking this.

I’m sorry if this post is long or anything, or if I come off as “angsty” or “edgy”. I’m just tired of it all.

MyMonkeyLife

I agree, it's a shame that humanity is devolving this way. With politic especially, it seems we're dumbing down into tribalism instead of seeking the truth, or looking for a happy medium.

It would be great if we could put our differences aside, and still be friends/family, but I don't know how that would happen? Would we need an alien invasion, or some other cosmic disaster to happen before we all realize that in the end all this stuff (I'm being nice here) doesn't warrant burning bridges over? That at the end of the day, we're all just trying to get by in this lonely (and sometimes downright cold) universe?

I don't know, but I agree with your overall sentiments, and frustrations with everything.

Black Burn

Well-Known Gopnik
1. People always are like this
2. I get along with many people, but idiots always shout the loudest
3. In Poland there's similar situation but here people calls you leftist and fucking communist

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Despite what you may have seen or experienced, humans have always clashed throughout history. People like when others think and act the same way they do, it's an aspect of our social being that we enjoy and value. If your culture believes that shaking hands with someone new is important and a person you meet bows to you, chances are if you know nothing of them or their people, you're going to be offended that they broke your folkway. This can translate into a bigger scale

I grew up in an area, with a group of people (what would be my social location) that think very scientifically and don't follow much of a faith at all. For a long time I would have clashing ideologies with people who were religious because I couldn't understand why they would have those beliefs. It made those people seem less intelligent due to the fact that they were willing to believe in what people told them without finding truth through experimentation. Of course now I understand why people can believe what they do and I don't hold as much bias for them as I used to.

What I've found keeps conflict going essentially is ignorance mixed with human nature at its core. People don't understand others and their internal biases keep them from acting appropriately around others. There has to be a social change that is done in such a way that we can progress beyond our traditions without pushing so far as to remove all our morals and social mores which hold our societies together and prevent things like murder from being commonplace. Of course there are other things that influence people being idiots, but I find nothing is as strong as their upbringing and social locations

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
If I do see something that goes against my morals I will voice my opinion, but I don't think I have actually hated anyone or held a grudge. I also always try to look at both sides before speaking as well.

Thing about me is... If I happen to disagree with something someone says or does, that doesnt mean I hate them. Just means I disagree with one thing they don't. Simple as that.

I think it's fine to disagree, what I dislike is when people take it further then that.
I do wish more of us got along, even with different views....

B

backpawscratcher

This is probably going to be a bit of a rant. But I just don’t know why the hell nobody can get along anymore? All over the internet and in real life I see people arguing, fighting, sending each other death threats and even killing other people simply because they can’t get along. Why? I’m not saying it’s bad to have different opinions. But at least learn to respect someone who has a different mindset than you. There’s already so much hatred, violence, aggression, and negativity in this fucked up sorry excuse of a world. Don’t add on to that. Even if someone is being a jackass, either ignore them or try to change them into being a better person. I see all these posts on the internet about how “everyone is so selfish and rude” and how “humanity is a cancer and everyone is an asshole.” Well, what are you doing to prevent that? Good people seem to be becoming rarer and rarer nowadays. In America, for example, everyone is seemingly blaming each other for everything. Everyone is becoming so divided. If you even think that one bit of what they’re saying is correct, you’re either a racist nazi, or a snowflake SJW. I’m so fucking tired of this. Everywhere I go, there’s always some drama going on. It’s so fucking stupid. Life is too short for this petty bullshit. So how about instead of spending it being a miserable sob that hates everyone and everything, you live your life to the fullest extent? Because once you’re on your death bed in the hospital, you’re going to regret it. There’s so much trash in the world, so how about we try to clean it up instead of add on to the pile? Who cares if someone has a different political opinion? Who cares if someone chooses to believe in something you don’t agree with? Who cares if someone wants to date someone you dislike? Just move on. It shouldn’t even bother you in the first place. I’m just so sick of everyone fighting and hurting each other over the dumbest shit. If we keep this up, we’ll all end up dead sooner or later. I’m already scared enough we might be sent into a nuclear holocaust because of all the crud that’s currently going on right now. So I’m going to ask a question. Is it really worth it? Is it really worth it to be a negative fuck? What does a person get out of it? Causing pain and misery for no justifiable reason? The current state of this planet is so screwed up. I don’t think I can handle living in this world. But I’m not going to kill myself. I was put here for a reason. I’m going to do everything I can to try and make the world a better place, and I hope other people will set aside their differences and try to help out as well. I hope I’m not alone here with thinking this.

I’m sorry if this post is long or anything, or if I come off as “angsty” or “edgy”. I’m just tired of it all.
*round of applause*

I agree. All this abuse throwing is simply exhausting us all. We’re never all going to agree. It would be creepy AF if we did. It would be so much better if everyone could just accept that, chill out a bit and take it down a notch. Learn to shrug more.

AustinB

Professional loser
Every person is different so we just can't agree with everyone
That doesn’t mean you should disrespect someone you don’t agree with. Like I said, it’s fine if you disagree on certain subjects as long as you can both look past it and continue to respect each other individually.

Black Burn

Well-Known Gopnik
That doesn’t mean you should disrespect someone you don’t agree with. Like I said, it’s fine if you disagree on certain subjects as long as you can both look past it and continue to respect each other individually.
I didn't say thst I disrespect someone with different opinion, I respext other opinions, I only disrespect if they are stupid for an example nazis etc. But if someone says "I don't like russian weapons, I prefer german" it's ok.

AustinB

Professional loser
I didn't say thst I disrespect someone with different opinion, I respext other opinions, I only disrespect if they are stupid for an example nazis etc. But if someone says "I don't like russian weapons, I prefer german" it's ok.
I didn’t mean it as in you personally. I’m just talking about in general.

IMO if someone has opinions that are generally considered bad and negatively affect people, then I either try to help them gain a different mindset, or I simply ignore them. Assholes thrive on attention. The less you give it to them, the less they’ll bother you.

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
This is a minefield I'm too tired to try navigating at this point in time, grab me some popcorn instead!

Seriously though, this will take some thinking and considering of the facts before I comment, Science Man mode engage.

Edit - Or would that be Essay Man? Eh, they both sound sufficiently shit.

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
Humans are naturally diverse, and with it comes the baggage(positive and negative sides alike) of that diversity. With the invention of the internet, our diversity have been amplified and exposed. And it being exposed, allow for more conversation than ever before, so we can find where we stand on a plethora of different issues. And as long as we're not stopping to converse, there is always the possibility to at the very least, show some basic respect for someone, even if you may utterly hate their guts. A lot of people every single day are convinced in or out of a belief system through conversation.

Humans as a species on the whole is utterly moronic. We fight over petty and pointless crap. We gather into small communities. We squabble. We pollute the environment.

But I have faith in the potential of our species. I have faith in our species' future potential. To become something greater than what we currently are. And now that we are at a tipping point to allow us to clean up a lot of shit going on, we should seize the opportunity to do so, even if it's just small and in your local area.

J

Junkerfox

Part of it is the media likes to blow things up so it looks like the end of the world. Aint it funny how the elites and the MSM working together can easily distract and divide us against eachother and thus conquer us without us ever even knowing it until its too late?

G

Ginza

Agreed. Despite my love of debate, my intentions always have the best interests of everyone at heart. No matter what you say, think, or feel, you're always going to piss someone off. We as humans, are hard wired to live in a dog eat dog world- fighting is inevitable. However, I've always supported the attitude of just getting along. Let's just chill and remember, we're all escaping the same way

of course I had to include that :p

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
I can't get along with someone who is against things i can't change about myself
You don't need to change to get along. It's more about understanding and respect, that lets people get along all over the world.
For example :
You can disagree with someones culture but still like them as an individual person.

If the other person disagrees with things that you can't change, to me they are just incapable of understanding and respect for you as a person.
Tbh everyone has flaws, our friends understand that our flaws don't define us.

Last edited:

AustinB

Professional loser
Humanity and even nature as a whole thrived off of us vs them mentality. Negaitive reactions towards those not within our in-group is to be expected because it's a natural thing
True, but that doesn’t mean it should be allowed happen in our current society. It’s just unneeded at this point. We’ve long since moved pass nature and now, we’re living in our own world. We’re also not meant to sit on our asses in chairs all day or eat processed junk food, but we still do that.

E

ellaerna

why-cant-we-be-friends.jpg

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
True, but that doesn’t mean it should be allowed happen in our current society. It’s just unneeded at this point. We’ve long since moved pass nature and now, we’re living in our own world. We’re also not meant to sit on our asses in chairs all day or eat processed junk food, but we still do that.
You can't force people to like each other let alone get along. In most cases people are going to go in the opposite direction because people hate being told what to do, especially from people who have no authority over them. It's human nature to have conflicts. Unlike 200-300 years ago where we blew each others' brains out, we've "evolved" into shitposting, trolling and insulting over social media for the most part. I'd say that is a step in the right direction. Our species as a collective is slowly learning its way around in the universe.

Just showing a bit of basic respect for someone else can go a long way.

D

Deleted member 111470

Unlike 200-300 years ago where we blew each others' brains out, we've "evolved" into shitposting, trolling and insulting over social media for the most part. I'd say that is a step in the right direction. Our species as a collective is slowly learning its way around in the universe.

I had a talk about precisely this at lunch yesterday, with my family. They were pretty annoyed that their friends keep on and on about how "everything in the past was better and that back then people had respect and class and manners, and they truly loved each other etc". I agree to some extend, I mean I remember how my grandparents acted and behaved, but then there's the part where life was ridden with wars and it was survival of the fittest. Not too long ago people were blown to smithereens just because they have different skin color, or were born in a different religion, or a different place. It didn't take much for someone to point the finger and cry "she's a witch" for a woman to be thrown in the fire.

I'd much rather have someone call me a furfag over the internet than enduring any of that.