• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why do trolls hate us ?

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*
your missing the point about trolls. Trolls piss everyone off so that they can feel better bout themselves.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
In my more youthful days I played Quake III and Counter-Strike, so I am not unaware of what you mean. The subject was particularly with regards to the internet itself and not outer forms.
People are still the same though.

I hear Counter-Strike: Source is good place to find Retard Entertainmentâ„¢ these days. And by "hear" I mean, "know from personal experience".

I know what his problem is. He was probably a fur at some point and got into an argument with someone. The other party proceeded to make him so butthurt that he LEFT THE FANDOM ENTIRELY!!11!!1 and resurfaced later as this massive furry hater. I wouldn't be surprised....
Oh wow. Haven't thought of that.

Though it also looks like he's just pissed at how most/some furries on DA manage to squeeze way more art out of their face than himself (and, if you hang around DA or FA, that's saying a lot). Not gonna be the first time either.

your missing the point about trolls. Trolls piss everyone off so that they can feel better bout themselves.
Ah, the voice of reason.

I kinda forgot what the topic was supposed to be about...

Arc

Grim's Delicate Flower
I am so lazy, that I only read the topic.

However...trolls hate furries?
Oh dear, oh dear.
Trolls LOVE furries...seriously, you can make some of us BAAWWWWW so easily.
For the trolls this means: delicious lulz with nearly no effort.

Just to be sure, that you get my point:
INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Mattcat

Matto
Here's a hint.

If you're a ugly slob living in your mothers basement in a pile of mountain dew and pizza boxes, on the internet daily typing about yourself being a baby armadillo who shits its diaper and likes getting raped. And you hear someone say that you're weird and decide to spout "Furay pride". The troll isn't the problem, its your inability to take criticism as you retreat to www.BabyArmadilloPantPoopers.com and hear people say "no its okay! You're just like us!! *Hugz*"

Go outside more and the problem you have with "Trolls" and internet drama become a lot less significant compared to the problems in reality. Basically you should ignore trolls, but this does not mean ignore the fact that they may have a reason to have targeted you. Gotta listen to your friends and your "enemies." Otherwise you're only getting half of the picture.

kitetsu

pissy esoteric
Trolls "hate" because you refuse to laugh at yourself?

I dunno, I stopped taking sides ages ago.

AnyaDServal

Pack Guar
As it's already been said, furries are easy targets for making fun of. So to some extent we have to accept that we bring this on ourselves- we open ourselves up to ridicule. If you cannot handle that, if you're too overly sensitive about EVERYTHING, then maybe this isn't the fandom for you...of course, if everyone were to take this advice I think that would eliminate about 40% at least of the current fandom >.>

Emil

Roll Fizzlebeef
Here's a hint.

If you're a ugly slob living in your mothers basement in a pile of mountain dew and pizza boxes, on the internet daily typing about yourself being a baby armadillo who shits its diaper and likes getting raped. And you hear someone say that you're weird and decide to spout "Furay pride". The troll isn't the problem, its your inability to take criticism as you retreat to www.BabyArmadilloPantPoopers.com and hear people say "no its okay! You're just like us!! *Hugz*"

Because trolls have no sense of their own pride, nor any websites where they themselves tend to gather.

Go outside more and the problem you have with "Trolls" and internet drama become a lot less significant compared to the problems in reality. Basically you should ignore trolls, but this does not mean ignore the fact that they may have a reason to have targeted you. Gotta listen to your friends and your "enemies." Otherwise you're only getting half of the picture.

Because "YIFF IN HELL" is wonderful constructive criticism

Neofur

Jinkies!
Trolls go for easy targets...and furries are easy targets.
Furry IMO is one of most social fandom circles I travel in.

Perfect kindling for Drama. :rolleyes:

Luckily I went through the thirty six chambers of D&D and Star Trek so I have a very thick skin...and really don't care anymore..lol

Now all the other fandoms seem to be main stream, furry is still on the edge and trolls love attacking that.

With the fandom mostly being online anyway, there's simply just more of us to attack too.

Trolls go after everyone, furs are just easier than others nowadays.

Pandacat Magic

King of Shotacon
Trolls are those Aunts and Uncles who secretly hate us; but still give gifts that are shitty gifts for Christmas.

Like hand-me-downs :B That smell like old people.

Vesuro

~Such a Rush~
Because we're easy lulz, and no one else will stand up for us, so in their mind it's OK?

Ruiisu

Alot of people hate furries, just type in "furries" on photobucket and you'll see alot of "Say no to furries" images.

From my past experience HUGE anime fans really dislike furries.
On a game I played on gaiaonline I said my character was an antro wolf and some girl said "Furry? Ew GTFO seriously".

And my sister says antro is weird.
I don't see what's so weird or disgusting about It.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
"Why do trolls hate us ?"

They don't. They just like to watch every easily-angered furry squirm.

Pikachuninetails

#1 Chu fan on the net

Kiboe

stands out like a sore thumb.
"if you poke somthing with a stick and it squirms, YOUR GONNA POKE IT AGAIN!" - 2, The Ranting Gryphon

i really stopped caring the day after i joined the fandom a year and 3 months ago, wanna know why?, becasue i have a thick-skin when it comes to this stuff

are you really going to listen to an empty threat from some 12-year-old who has no idea what your real name is or where you live?

and to those furries who say "well, they threatend to hack my pc and put a virus on it!" do you know hard it is to hack a pc?, half of these trolls don't even know what an IP is

if you want my advice, STOP GIVING A SH*T WHAT THE TROLLS SAY!, it's YOUR life and you should live it the way you want to.

i'm not bashing the fandom, but every other journal or LJ i see is "BAWWWWWW, i got made fun of on (insert site here) AND I AM GONNA B***H ABOUT IT!" grow some damn ba**s and stop giving a crap, then maybe we wouldn't be the brunt of the trolls, it's been said before, we open ourselves to this kind of harassment, if you ignore a troll long enough, they will get bored and move onto another target.

gunnerboy

they are jelous of our freedom and imagination

Midi Bear

11/10/08
Trolls don't actually hate us. They're just bored, and furries are easy to pick on because they have SUCH a persecution complex. They don't care if it's a fetish. They don't care we like anthros. They don't care we have cons. They care about the persecution complex and having a bit of fun. Probably the only thing they hate is that we somewhat advertise the fandom, and go "BAWWWW" at anything that goes wrong.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
The reasons we have trolls attacking is due to our own behavior. But, it's not the behavior of the general that gets us a bad reputation. It's the behavior of idiots (yes I went there) who seem to feel the need to import every fetish imaginable into fandom, and post it all over the place. Then the rest of us have to deal with it, because all the sudden we are all sexual deviate freaks, because some of our number can't keep their deviance to themselves. It's sicking. Frankly a lot of furs are tired of it. They don't need to see the shit that pervades the Anime fandom, migrating over here as well. That stuff stinks, and if it is a stink you like, fine, we can tolerate it if you keep it to yourself. Take the smut and put it somewhere private, so the trolls have one less thing to arm themselves with when they attack the furrie population online.

Other than I do agree that we are awesome.....which is a good reason to troll us.

Anyway....I know of a good way to get rid of the troll attacks for good. We have a wide open door (policy), why not just put a metal detector to screen what comes through. That way what is furrie stays in the fandom, and what isn't doesn't become associated with it. Than the trolls won't have any ammunition, and they'll go give Scientology their full attention. After all you don't need ammunition to attack Scientology. They have Tom Cruise as their spokesperson....free ammo there, right?

If I offended any Scientology members here on Furaffinity, I am not sorry. I do not approve of money hungry cults.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Wow, where did this thread come from? And why haven't I trolled the bejeezus out of it?

simple:

because we're weird.
plain as a white sheet, man.

We're just straight up weird people in a world that strives to hang on to some form of communal normalcy.

I mean, just think about this for an example:
It's not weird to blantantly sexist, racist or rude. (them)
However, it IS weird to be nice, art-loving, and to feel connected to animals. (us)

oh and in racism, I DON'T mean against furries. We are NOT a race. Go on encyclopediadramatica, search up women or african-american and you'll see what I mean.

OH one more thing:
It is SO incredibly easy to be mean over the internet.
I wear my tail EVERYDAY and I rarely EVER get any shit from people for it. The worst I ever got from a "troll" was a guy asked me if I was a furry, I said yes, and then he scoffed and walked away.

Trolls rarely step away from their computer moniters.

Last edited: