• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why does Arcade Fire have two drummers?

Seriously. Plus, who the fuck are they? I've asked around a bunch of pop-culture people, and they can't provide me more than, "Dunno" or, "Some band from Canada".

But as far as their drummers go - Is one of them just mimicking, or something? There's no way that's purposeful in studio, and unless their microphone set up sucks, does nothing for them live either.

Seriously, give one of them a triangle or a tambourine, and 100% more useful.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Why does metal have two guitarists?

Seriously. Plus, who the fuck are they? I've asked around a bunch of metal-culture people, and they can't provide me more than, "Dunno" or, "Some band from Norway".

But as far as their guitarists go - Is one of them just mimicking, or something? There's no way that's purposeful in studio, and unless their microphone set up sucks, does nothing for them live either.

Seriously, give one of them a violin or a cello, and 100% more useful.

tag: Your Thread Title Sucks

Why does metal have two guitarists?

If you're seriously asking that, you don't listen to music...Let alone metal.

I like that one song they did..

And doesn't Slipknot have like 5 drummers?

They have one drummer, and a bunch of percussionistds, of which basically consists of banging on random objects (sometimes they give them a tom or snare). Which is technically effective, I suppose, since if you can bang on it - It can be a percussion instrument, but ehh, the clown takes an aluminium bat to an empty beer keg quite often- Take that for what it's worth.

T

TakeWalker

Twice drummers = twice grammys? :V I dunno, they suck and their album is crap.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
The Grateful Dead had two drummers too, but I think they were just so high all the damn time that they never noticed.

The Arcade Fire won album of the year at the Grammies. Over Lady Gaga, Eminem, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and someone else I think.

So they MUST suck. :D

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof

They have one drummer, and a bunch of percussionistds, of which basically consists of banging on random objects (sometimes they give them a tom or snare). Which is technically effective, I suppose, since if you can bang on it - It can be a percussion instrument, but ehh, the clown takes an aluminium bat to an empty beer keg quite often- Take that for what it's worth.

If you are seriously asking this, you don't listen to music... Let alone classical.

:durp:

But to give you a serious answer, they are all multi-instrumentalists.

Last edited:

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I'm still trying to figure out how they won the Grammys. That still confuses me.

I'm still trying to figure out how they won the Grammys. That still confuses me.

Did you hear the hostess when she announced them?

"And the grammy for best album of the year goes to...Arcade...Fire...?" And she looked at the host all confused xD

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Did you hear the hostess when she announced them?

"And the grammy for best album of the year goes to...Arcade...Fire...?" And she looked at the host all confused xD
Indeed I did. It was seriously one of those lolwut moments.

Indeed I did. It was seriously one of those lolwut moments.

Even the entertainment/pop culture news is barely covering their win. They'll go "And Arcade Fire won Album of something or other, BUT HOW 'BOUT THAT GAGA."

Not even winners can be winners, hah.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
year of no light have 2 drummers and they rule

SO THERE~

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Because drummers are so incompetent that it needs two of them for them to actually count as a real person.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>

Knowing this much about SlipKnot while not knowing who Arcade Fire are indicates that you are the one who does not listen to music.

Ben

Banned
Banned
Twice drummers = twice grammys? :V I dunno, they suck and their album is crap.

What a well thought out post, good job!

But no, Arcade Fire definitely deserved to win, and I'm kind of surprised there's so much hubbub about no one knowing who they are, considering they've had two chart-topping albums, have headlined at countless music festivals, made multiple SNL appearances, and received buttloads of critical acclaim over the last 7 years.

Here, let's educate ourselves. Neighborhood #3 from their first album Funeral, which is generally considered their best.

[yt]0ozdCLrTrtA[/yt]