• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why Feminism is poisoning the gaming industry and why anita sarkeesian needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Re: Why Feminism is poisoning the gaming industry and why anita sarkeesian needs to s

Well, than that's their own loss. Maybe they'll have to learn you can't shield yourself from the world the hard way. I tried shielding myself off for two years and it didn't work so I hit a point where I knew it was time to change my strategy. Trigger warnings aren't exactly a societal hazard, though.

It's the university's loss too, if students are discouraged from learning about unsavory topics, because that will mean there are less well-educated students to take up academic and research positions. It's important that Universities are an environment which encourage learning.

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
Re: Why Feminism is poisoning the gaming industry and why anita sarkeesian needs to s

I still remember a women who started to rave and scream at an automated billboard because it had an ad for a perfume, it just so happened to be the one that she wore on the night of something terrible happening to her and she began threatening to sue the advertising company which owns the billboards for openly displaying it to the public.

No idea what happened with that, I just happened to be passing by and didn't really want to overhear more than I already did.
People will sue for everything and expect people to bend over backwards for their issues. As if anyone really cared, honestly. I think there is a saying "Half the people don't want to hear about your problems and the other half are glad you're having problems." Or something like that. I hope the woman didn't get anything and was laughed out of court. Suing over a non-offensive perfume billboard just because she got shellshock by looking at it. Get a shrink and move on with your life.

In short: we all have our personal demons/issues, don't wave yours around as if it's more important than anyone else's and demand ridiculous compensation just because people are too busy trying to fix their own issues to pay any attention to yours.

T

TheMetalVelocity

God, the left-wingers on these forums make me want to cringe. I wonder why the fuck I still browse this forum.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority

God, the left-wingers on these forums make me want to cringe. I wonder why the fuck I still browse this forum.
Might've been easier to take you seriously if not for that hilarious avatar. <3

Volkodav

Dad****er

I agree w flag man

The lefters on this forum are the type of people who will cry if tou dont usr the rerms "vagina people" and "penis people" lmao
the oppression olympics jn here is EMBARRASSING

Soon as you line up in the race for oppression olympics im 10x less likely to take you or your problems seriouslu lol

Loling at "sex is a social construct"
ive seen this too
If physical sex is a social construct then gosh i guess trans people have nothin to worry about
why do they even transition
why do they use certain pronouns
everything is imaginary and nothing is real
brain chemistry doesnt real
race is social construct and skull structures dont real

Last edited:
T

TheMetalVelocity

I agree w flag man

The lefters on this forum are the type of people who will cry if tou dont usr the rerms "vagina people" and "penis people" lmao
the oppression olympics jn here is EMBARRASSING

Soon as you line up in the race for oppression olympics im 10x less likely to take you or your problems seriouslu lol

Loling at "sex is a social construct"
ive seen this too
If physical sex is a social construct then gosh i guess trans people have nothin to worry about
why do they even transition
why do they use certain pronouns
everything is imaginary and nothing is real
brain chemistry doesnt real
race is social construct and skull structures dont real
lmao exactly.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority

This thread is basically little more than a circle jerk where discussion gets shot down at this point. :p

Volkodav

Dad****er

I already am a nazi and i am veyr surprised it took them this long to realize this

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned

ok but they do though

i wouldnt say so. its the leftists on these forrums that do.

im a leftist. an atheist, a pro gay marriage liberal. i believe in universal healthcare. but hell if im going to play the victim card and whine like a cunt to get what i want.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored

This thread has been circular for the past ten or more pages.

-Kellie holds that Witcher III could use racial diversity

-Clayton and co provide mountainous amounts of evidence pointing to the game being based of Polish and Slavic folklore, based in medieval times where no black man has set foot in any Polish or Slavic lands, and thus putting a "token black guy" character is completely against the creative grain of the game.

-Kellies holds that, because technically it isn't in a precise European location and precise real-world date, that Witcher III could have made room for a black guy.

-Clayton and co provide mountainous amounts of evidence, metaphors, and carefully constructed arguments to explain the inherent silliness of shoving a black character into a medieval setting, (again, slavic and polish inspired), and how shoving a white guy in an African-inspired tribal game would be considered just as illogical.

-Kellie ignores this, starts LOLing and ';3'-ing at everyone, claiming them to be thinned skin and unable to handle critique, despite not actually addressing any of the arguments or providing any other logic for a token black character other than "because they can, and thus should".

-Kellie states repeatedly that she is done.

-Clayton and co discuss the concept of videogames and other creative works being harpooned by political correctness advocates without regards to their context (ie: RE5 being placed in africa, being anti-corporation, but being criticized for shooting black people). They discuss how games have been changed or removed from online sales completely despite no intentional intent to be racist or misogynistic.

-Kellie rejoins the conversation and says they could have used some racial diversity anyways.

-Clayton and co provide ample logic stating otherwise.

-Kellie holds that it should be racially diverse simply because it can, like this solves all of our world's problems, and then blows raspberries at everyone and calls them dumb-dumbs and how they're just being mean towards opinions (that happen to have no creative logic of any kind that makes any kind of sense).

Go back to point one. Repeat ad nauseam in slightly different forms. Throw in some character accusations. Some claims of putting words in so and so mouth. Link to any amount of videos or websites online that could literally be stacked to prove any point in the world as if they even meant a single damn thing. ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam

Welcome to FAF.

Last edited:

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned

This thread has been circular for the past ten or more pages.

-Kellie holds that Witcher III could use racial diversity

-Clayton and co provide mountainous amounts of evidence pointing to the game being based of Polish and Slavic folklore, based in medieval times where no black man has set foot in any Polish or Slavic lands, and thus putting a "token black guy" character is completely against the creative grain of the game.

-Kellies holds that, because technically it isn't in a precise European location and precise real-world date, that Witcher III could have made room for a black guy.

-Clayton and co provide mountainous amounts of evidence, metaphors, and carefully constructed arguments to explain the inherent silliness of shoving a black character into a medieval setting, (again, slavic and polish inspired), and how shoving a white guy in an African-inspired tribal game would be considered just as illogical.

-Kellie ignores this, starts LOLing and ';3'-ing at everyone, claiming them to be thinned skin and unable to handle critique, despite not actually addressing any of the arguments or providing any other logic for a token black character other than "because they can, and thus should".

-Kellie states repeatedly that she is done.

-Clayton and co discuss the concept of videogames and other creative works being harpooned by political correctness advocates without regards to their context (ie: RE5 being placed in africa, being anti-corporation, but being criticized for shooting black people). They discuss how games have been changed or removed from online sales completely despite no intentional intent to be racist or misogynistic.

-Kellie rejoins the conversation and says they could have used some racial diversity anyways.

-Clayton and co provide ample logic stating otherwise.

-Kellie holds that it should be racially diverse simply because it can, like this solves all of our world's problems, and them blows raspberries at everyone and calls them dumb-dumbs and how they're just being mean towards opinions (that happen to have no creative logic of any kind that makes any kind of sense).

Go back to point one. Repeat ad nauseam in slightly different forms. Throw in some character accusations. Some claims of putting words in so and so mouth. Link to any amount of videos or websites online that could literally be stacked to prove any point in the world as if they even meant a single damn thing. ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam

Welcome to FAF.

RED you win the internet. that's why i got off the ride like 15-20 pages ago. i got tired of arguing with an entitled child. who thinks gamergate is a hate group and modern feminism is the pinnacle of reason.

Volkodav

Dad****er

i wouldnt say so. its the leftists on these forrums that do.

im a leftist. an atheist, a pro gay marriage liberal. i believe in universal healthcare. but hell if im going to play the victim card and whine like a cunt to get what i want.

Most leftists on the internet that I've met have been liberals and I can't stand those.

edit: funniest thing is iw asnt even arguing with kellie because I can't see her posts
I was just talking about Witcher 3 w/ Fallow

But then again I'm just a big ole dumbass who doesn't know viddygames like Anita Sarkeesian & co do

T

TheMetalVelocity

Here's what liberalism sounds like to me:

"Mom forced me to do my homework"

"Dad forced me to take out the trash"

"Parenting is a social construct"

"Fucking oppressive shitlords!"

These people are lazy and nihilistic as fuck, and hate anything that requires them to do something to get something in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned

Here's what liberalism sounds like to me:

"Mom forced me to do my homework"

"Dad forced me to take out the trash"

"Fucking oppressive shitlords!"
then you would be focusing on a small minority of liberals.
but anyways not what this thread is so done with that shit.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

My political views are more sympathetic with ideas that would be considered 'left', but daring to criticise pseudoscience in the left wing, for example pseudoscience about blood donation, often means that people accuse me of being a prejudiced right-winger.

...as if all ideas that are considered right wing are evil anyway.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority

My attitude may have been less than great but I'm sorry, I'm still not convinced about that polish game. At least not yet. :/

Although one person did offer a good counterpoint, if only I can remember who. Was a few pages ago because we're all terrible.

Nikolinni

Niko Linni

My political views are more sympathetic with ideas that would be considered 'left', but daring to criticise pseudoscience in the left wing, for example pseudoscience about blood donation, often means that people accuse me of being a prejudiced right-winger.

Unfortunately that's how people are wired. They think "Left = Good Right = Evil" and vice versa. Whichever one you run into more varies by location and website. Heck even after I told my grandma I was Republican-Liberal she tried to convince me to either go Independent or Democrat. She dislikes Republicans THAT much. It doesn't matter who the person is kids, just their party!

This is a major issue in politics.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned

i honestly dont know what im considered. im just against bullshit (like christians trying to control people, homophobic stuff, people against science and reason, the shitty racist flag the hicks like so much) and im for good things like reducing the military, universal healthcare, lgbt rights etc. but i guess there are liberals on the internet that whine alot.

but back on topic kellie got owned like a jew in ancient egypt. keeps getting owned. how much more logic are you going to fluff off?
but yeah id say its a win guys. as much a win as we can get. these new feminists like anita sarsleezian, and chanty binx must have a few missing brain cells.
its a hate group now. and it is slowly killing parts of gaming culture. it has to be spoken out against. we cant settle for professional victims like anita dictating what games should be like when the asshole doesn't even play video games. and sadly these days the ones bitching for games to be more inclusive and go by the rederic the fems have chiseled out of intolerance, dont even play games. they might even hate games. why listen to the bullshit anymore?

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er

It's not hard to learn more about videogames, it really isn't. There rae so so so so sooo many Let's Play Youtubers that play so many games. I've watched many games through this way, a few of them being (with my own opinions in brackets, based on actually fucking seeing the games):
- Bioshock Infinite (This was a qual game)
- Red Dead Redemption (Zombie one as well, this is one of my fave games)
- Minecraft (Played this one on here with FAF members!!)
- Ark: Survival Evolved (Really love this one, wish my laptop could handle it)
- Witcher 3 (Love this one, too bad it doesn't have token black characters!!!!)
- Fallout 3 (and all of it's different versions. One of my all-time faves. Played this with my brother IRL)
- Monster Hunter 3 (Those felynes are fuckin adorable omg)
- Half-Life 2 (Another one of my faves, though Ravenholm still scares me)
- Farcry 3 (This game had multiple references/threats about male-on-male rape that were upsetting for me, but despite this I would never demand that nobody play it!!!)
- Assassins Creed (I can't remember right now which one it was that I saw, and although I liked the game it got a little boring for me. Might pick this one up again in the future and watch the most recent game)
- L.A Noire (This one is one of my faves, the reactions are hilarious) http://i.imgur.com/j6Tpn9V.jpg
- Arma 3: Life (Please watch Lyrik's LP of this game, oh my god https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4744DecGf8)
- Day Z/Day Z Standalone (My favourite LPer for this is MrMoonshouse and MrChow. Love this game but it's scary AF at night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8PvlM_seWc&t=5m13s )
- Altis Life (MrMoon is my fave for this as well)
^These last three are roleplay games which makes them even funnier because you need to stay in character^
& many more

Theres more games that I haven't seen before, that I watched through multiple times on Youtube. If you only get your experiences/information from one source (Anita Sarkeesian or any other vidyagame "critic"), you're going to wind up with some biased shit.
I have just given better reviews than Anita in like 5 mins of typing

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned

It's not hard to learn more about videogames, it really isn't. There rae so so so so sooo many Let's Play Youtubers that play so many games. I've watched many games through this way, a few of them being (with my own opinions in brackets, based on actually fucking seeing the games):
- Bioshock Infinite (This was a qual game)
- Red Dead Redemption (Zombie one as well, this is one of my fave games)
- Minecraft (Played this one on here with FAF members!!)
- Ark: Survival Evolved (Really love this one, wish my laptop could handle it)
- Witcher 3 (Love this one, too bad it doesn't have token black characters!!!!)
- Fallout 3 (and all of it's different versions. One of my all-time faves. Played this with my brother IRL)
- Monster Hunter 3 (Those felynes are fuckin adorable omg)
- Half-Life 2 (Another one of my faves, though Ravenholm still scares me)
- Farcry 3 (This game had multiple references/threats about male-on-male rape that were upsetting for me, but despite this I would never demand that nobody play it!!!)
- Assassins Creed (I can't remember right now which one it was that I saw, and although I liked the game it got a little boring for me. Might pick this one up again in the future and watch the most recent game)
- L.A Noire (This one is one of my faves, the reactions are hilarious) http://i.imgur.com/j6Tpn9V.jpg
- Arma 3: Life (Please watch Lyrik's LP of this game, oh my god https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4744DecGf8)
- Day Z/Day Z Standalone (My favourite LPer for this is MrMoonshouse and MrChow. Love this game but it's scary AF at night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8PvlM_seWc&t=5m13s )
- Altis Life (MrMoon is my fave for this as well)
^These last three are roleplay games which makes them even funnier because you need to stay in character^
& many more

Theres more games that I haven't seen before, that I watched through multiple times on Youtube. If you only get your experiences/information from one source (Anita Sarkeesian or any other vidyagame "critic"), you're going to wind up with some biased shit.
I have just given better reviews than Anita in like 5 mins of typing
ohh clay you just don't have your misogyny goggles on

Volkodav

Dad****er

Speaking of misogyny, I'd like to watch a playthrough of Bayonetta to see if Anita's criticisms are valid. :) I bet they aren't.

I'll watch a couple if I can find some good ones.

edit:
OH YEAH! ANOTHER!
SJW got all up in arms about The Forest and how it portrayed "natives" as "cannibalistic savages"
The enemies in The Forest aren't even human! They're fucking subterranian aliens/mutants!!! This fact, of course, is not immediately apparent and actually requires playing the game to figure out.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/new-monster/images/e/ea/Spider_mutant.jpg
http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1197/11970954/2487222-skulllight.jpg
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/686/2623668-6150573119-TheFo.jpg

Another game that I liked was The Stomping Land, but the developing team fell out. I'd have loved to play that on a good computer. It appears (to me at least) that TSL was sort-of taken over by Ark, but I can't be too sure on that. They're both pretty dang similar games.
The models in TSL were so gorgeous, it makes me sad.
Look at this sexy t rex

http://orig12.deviantart.net/8bdf/f..._stomping_land__02_by_swordlord3d-d7eyfbd.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.