• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why is America so cold rn....

D

Dat Wolf

I know its January but the Midwest was colder then Antarctica....

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Eh, it's -30C out here in Saratov Oblast. Some cool scenery though!
IMG_20190125_003729.jpg

IMG_20190125_004047.jpg

1548736057.jpg

I

Infrarednexus

I blame the Eskimos because that's what Alex Jones said :V

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
King Gainer used Overfreeze.

Dongding

The sheep
I'm up in northern Alberta working right now and it's -30°C or colder each day. However today I got dis...
IbCsTL6.jpg

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
For a second there I thought you were referring to emotionally, not temperature wise.
I feel like an argument can be made for both, tbh-

We’re expecting a high of 45f tomorrow :p
But seriously hope yall are okay. I’d send hot cocoa if I could ;-;

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
We’re expecting a high of 45f tomorrow :p
But seriously hope yall are okay. I’d send hot cocoa if I could ;-;
I think we're supposed to make it up to 51F. The really cold air just quite didn't make it all the way down to Memphis.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Honestly, the notion of wind chills at -65 degrees (or about -54 for those using Celsius) scares me a little. Frostbite in 5 minutes or less, and I'm trying to imagine ANY vehicle operating in that weather.

Lowest wind chill I've had in my area was -38 degrees (really, that's close enough to the shiftover that I'm not converting that to Celsius) but that was a few years ago. The temperatures now in my area? Actually not so bad for this time of year because it's in the positives in Fahrenheit.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
Honestly, the notion of wind chills at -65 degrees (or about -54 for those using Celsius) scares me a little. Frostbite in 5 minutes or less, and I'm trying to imagine ANY vehicle operating in that weather.

Lowest wind chill I've had in my area was -38 degrees (really, that's close enough to the shiftover that I'm not converting that to Celsius) but that was a few years ago. The temperatures now in my area? Actually not so bad for this time of year because it's in the positives in Fahrenheit.
With a name like "Frosty" you'd probably fit right in to the cold weather, no?

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
With a name like "Frosty" you'd probably fit right in to the cold weather, no?

Lived with cold winters almost my whole life (there were a couple years I spent in Colorado that felt VERY tame by comparison), very used to snow and having to do a lot of shoveling. I've even driven in near-whiteout conditions once or twice (with visibility so low that road lines are literally the only guide).

I'm only resistant, though, not totally immune. And probably less resistant this year due to my recent diet (less blubber).

Friendly reminder to everyone while I'm still here - if you're in one of these cold areas make sure your thermostats have fresh batteries. Someone's thermostat failed in my vicinity and it caused six figures in damage from burst pipes.

SSJ3Mewtwo

I know its January but the Midwest was colder then Antarctica....
Have you watched any news stories covering why the weather conditions are what they are?

Bink

FLOOFY!
Next weeks forecast for my area calls for daily highs of 40, 49, and even 52!? Forget the extreme hot or cold, I find it ridiculous how often we swing from one temperature range to the other in a matter of days :eek:
But that's normal for the Midwest... especially below the lakes ugh..
On the plus side, I found out MFF is the closest con to me, within 1hrs drive! I'm so excited for when I can finally go to it, so I can forgive the Midwest's awful weather I suppose.