• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why is SHE not being blamed?

JusticeForKelo

So I have been following this whole story and people keep leaving out the fact that this girl lied about her age on FA. She not only lied to Kelo but to ALL of us as well. Why is she being treated like a victim when in fact Kelo is the victim? Her profile says she is 19 when in fact she is 16. I have no sympathy for her. I only have sympathy for Kelo. It is sad that an innocent man had his life ruined because of what this girl did. I really hope that the truth will prevail and Kelo will be let go...But lets face the facts..She is a girl, so in that case she will only be seen as a victim and not the one at fault...Because he is a man he will be seen as the bad guy, always..

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Honestly, it's best to stay neutral about this until as much information is found out.

Considering that there have been others who have come out as character witnesses against Kelo, it doesn't look particularly good for him for the time being.

The girl, on the other hand, is nearly a complete wild card. We know little to nothing about her other than her being 3 years younger she claimed she is on FA.
Oh, and she's apparently mentally handicapped, requiring medication.

But one thing is for certain, whether Kelo is at fault or a victim of a series of unfortunate events, he will get his justice.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
oh so this is what that one was about. Well apparently they both are retarded enough to not call her family and inform that she's alright and she want to stay with her friend for the time being. Even the biggest dumbass will understand that a family will be worried if one of its members went missing.
She left a note saying she'd "probably be dead."

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
For her caretakers to read after she left.
She was aware of the impact.
How well aware she was, however, is up for debate.
Yeah, that very well could have been a flawwed attempt to keep them from even looking for her though. Good point, though. No sense in debating it right now; the media is probably gonna spew nonsense until this dies out a bit more.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yeah, that very well could have been a flawwed attempt to keep them from even looking for her though. Good point, though. No sense in debating it right now; the media is probably gonna spew nonsense until this dies out a bit more.
See, I'd think of it more as seeking attention, maybe even a cry for help.
It's just something I've known teens who run away tend to do.

I mean, she's obviously capable of lying to people, but she at least cared enough to leave a note.
Most teens who run away and don't expect to see their family again tend to not leave any evidence. (on purpose)
What about Kelo? Doesn't he understands that the police is looking for them?
He was arrested shortly after they found her from what I gathered from the family.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
See, I'd think of it more as seeking attention, maybe even a cry for help.
Well, she's living with her grandmother, maybe something happened with her parents. We can almost assume that she was locking up a lot of emotions, perhaps without realizing and in turn, acted drastically. Perhaps nobody really was completely at fault here.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Well, she's living with her grandmother, maybe something happened with her parents. We can almost assume that she was locking up a lot of emotions, perhaps without realizing and in turn, acted drastically. Perhaps nobody really was completely at fault here.
That's what I'm thinking, though I'd lean slightly against Kelo, considering his age and (supposed) life experience.

The entire situation stunk and I think he should have been able to smell it from as far away as he was.

But it's very possible he wasn't overtly malicious.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
That's what I'm thinking, though I'd lean slightly against Kelo, considering his age and (supposed) life experience.

The entire situation stunk and I think he should have been able to smell it from as far away as he was.

But it's very possible he wasn't overtly malicious.
She appeared legal, but he's still like, what? 30? Hell no, nevermind this shit's creepy.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
She appeared legal, but he's still like, what? 30? Hell no, nevermind this shit's creepy.
If you look at someone and question if they are legal, I don't think you should even try.
I agree, but that was hardly the point I was trying to make.

There have been rumors that she tricked him by saying that she was in dire need of assistance and he decided to make a multi-hour trip over a state line to pick her up.
If that was the case, why did he think the best course of action would have been to take it into his own hands?

I get that you want to help people as much as you can, and that's great.
However, you also need to realize that things are almost never as they appear on the surface.

If Kelo is indeed innocent, I'm sorry he had to learn that lesson like this.

Storok

670 blp
In my mind her Parents/Grandmother are the ones to blame because they didnt take enough care of her... if the grandma says she is 11 years old when it comes to mind... she should've been treated like an 11 year old
to me this means:
-Limited internet acces
-Monitored internet usage
-And so on just like what you would do having a 11 year old daughter...

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
In my mind her Parents/Grandmother are the ones to blame because they didnt take enough care of her... if the grandma says she is 11 years old when it comes to mind... she should've been treated like an 11 year old
to me this means:
-Limited internet acces
-Monitored internet usage
-And so on just like what you would do having a 11 year old daughter...

no. for the child to be responsible he/she has to be treated as a responsible being

PINK!

When it comes to children that have a mental handicap, whatever it is, whether they're slower, plain retarded (for lack of a better word), autistic, what have you... You should treat them like they're the age they physically are. You should treat them like they're normal children. We see in this case that in doing that, it didn't work out for the better beforehand. But it's not like teens don't run away all the time. Somnium is right -- they have to learn some type of responsibility. So, the girl should be reprimanded for doing wrong.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
When it comes to children that have a mental handicap, whatever it is, whether they're slower, plain retarded (for lack of a better word), autistic, what have you... You should treat them like they're the age they physically are. You should treat them like they're normal children. We see in this case that in doing that, it didn't work out for the better beforehand. But it's not like teens don't run away all the time. Somnium is right -- they have to learn some type of responsibility. So, the girl should be reprimanded for doing wrong.
I can sort of agree with this. The only reason I won't fully agree is with the type that can literally do no help within society, are wheelchair-bound and have screaming fits every 5 minutes.

PINK!

I can sort of agree with this. The only reason I won't fully agree is with the type that can literally do no help within society, are wheelchair-bound and have screaming fits every 5 minutes.
Oh yeah, of course. I meant the partially functional ones. Even the ones who aren't really coherently functional should at least be talked to semi-normally.