• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why is SHE not being blamed?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
a 11 year old may not have many life experiences but the brain is already capable enough to understand them
To be fair, a brain that isn't developed enough yet for fine motor skills isn't going to have anywhere near a matured decision-making section.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
To be fair, a brain that isn't developed enough yet for fine motor skills isn't going to have anywhere near a matured decision-making section.

what about child athletes? they motor skills are much better than most adults. why? because they train them.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
martial arts, gymnastics. of course the adult with have an advantage, but it's not like a child is incapable of anything
Having an underdeveloped brain is of course why adults have an advantage.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
science.. I've never said that the brain is fully mature when a child hits puberty, but I think it develops the fastest at infancy and then gradually slows down and, as a science suggests, comes to a complete halt at their 20s. IMO the knowledge makes us adults, not physiological maturity and hiding information or not letting a young person to experience things they want to will only hinder their mental development.

PINK!

I know someone who also has a mental handicap that was restricted from what she could do normally, and ended up running away herself because she felt like she wasn't being treated fairly. They think a different way than we do, but when we treat them like they're completely incompetent (which a lot of them aren't), they get offended. They experience more intense emotions than we do. So when they're happy, they're EXTREMELY happy. When they're sad, they're EXTREMELY sad. When they're angry, they're EXTREMELY angry. And when they're hurt, they're EXTREMELY hurt.

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
i have autism i know what it is like
and it is not nice
It has it's advantages and disadvantages. But mainly disadvantages. My HORRIBLE short term memory is the main reason for my mother screaming at me every single night, despite what I do.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
The only thing I've heard is that her family has said she functions at the level of an 11-year-old. What that means isn't entirely clear, but I think it's pretty damn presumptuous to weigh in what a person--especially one with a cognitive or developmental disability--should or shouldn't do or know, especially when you don't know them personally, and/or are not a mental health professional.

Storok

670 blp
@modfox I'm surprised at the number of people on this site who claim to have autism or similar issues. I'm wondering to myself if those like us are naturally drawn here.

In my case, Asperger's syndrome
This is a thing I also noticed... I have not got any mental "disability" as far as I know ;) but on German forums there seem to be less people with autism and simmilar stuff.

I think it is because these people tend to invest more time into the decision which who they want to talk to and about what and I think the fandom is some open minded place where you still keep the distance to a partner in a conversation. It is like talking to someone in an open way but the person still has no real personel information about you as long as you don't tell them... Some kind of safezone you have control over.. I could be totally wrong with that one but an autistic friend told me he likes to talk to people when he can keep this distance

Last edited:

JusticeForKelo

So because this girl may be mentally retarded makes what she did to him okay? No...It doesn't. She knew what she was doing when she set this up.

Orlaghnyx

Professional shirt spdr
So because this girl may be mentally retarded makes what she did to him okay? No...It doesn't. She knew what she was doing when she set this up.

They're both at blame, but the fault falls onto him.

An adult should be responsible for their actions, he should've known better, made sure she's 19 like she claimed to be.

While she did wrong as well, especially if she lied, he was more responsible than her.

JusticeForKelo

An adult should be responsible for their actions, he should've known better, made sure she's 19 like she claimed to be.

While she did wrong as well, especially if she lied, he was more responsible than her.

The thing I can't stress enough is even though she did something wrong she will not be called out or blamed for it or even punished for it because she is a girl. However the man will get in trouble because that is how it goes. Females have more privilege than males therefore they get away with crimes that men would get prison time for. In fact there is a video that perfectly explains all of this.

I am just sick of men getting the short end of the stick and girls or women getting no punishment for their crimes.

Elohiim_Koshiiri

Terradorable
I wonder what would happen if we dosed someone with full blown autism.....like the REAL severe type....

with 1,100mg Dextromethorphan hydrobromide owo

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Realistically, she should be t blame. However, since they are treating it as an adult abducting a child, she will not be held accountable. If she were truly 19-20 with no cognitive disabilities and not a dependent, charges would have been dropped. I feel for the guy since he's one of the local furries in my area and I know him. I know that he wouldn't hurt her at all. However, there's blame to be shared all around for this.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer

Interesting points. And in ways, the blame is somewhat arbitrary, if one goes by age alone, as the age of consent is 16 in most US states, providing you are not the younger person's teacher, coach, pastor, &c.

But I think the mediating factor here is her mental capacity, the extent to which he knew about it, and the extent to which he may have used it, and also, the laws in the state in which the parties reside, and what state lines were crossed. But I'm not an attorney.

My main question here wound be: What specific harm was wrought by their relationship? Can it be demonstrated in any concrete way that she suffered emotional damage? Is this a legitimate example of 'taking advantage', or were both parties simply seeking natural, even mutual human pleasure, and caught up in the cross-hairs of legality?

It seems easy to play the blame game, but harder, as humans, to know the thoughts, feelings and emotions of the parties involved. And I can't claim to know them.

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
So I have been following this whole story and people keep leaving out the fact that this girl lied about her age on FA. She not only lied to Kelo but to ALL of us as well. Why is she being treated like a victim when in fact Kelo is the victim? Her profile says she is 19 when in fact she is 16. I have no sympathy for her. I only have sympathy for Kelo. It is sad that an innocent man had his life ruined because of what this girl did. I really hope that the truth will prevail and Kelo will be let go...But lets face the facts..She is a girl, so in that case she will only be seen as a victim and not the one at fault...Because he is a man he will be seen as the bad guy, always..

I have 0 knowledge of what this is about so to me this just looks like crying. Someone mind filling me in?