• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why is the site Down This time?

Cloudchaser

I'm quite surprised myself that this ghost of a forum is actually online during a site outage

Couldn't find it again, but it's something about the forums having a different host than .net

cBubbaboy

Some people treat their hobby as a lifestyle. This site, this way to connect to the community could be like a home to them. A place where they feel comfortable. So i can see how someone can get emotional over the site being down.
that's all I do most of the day is be on here chat and rp with my fur mom

Laini

As someone else said, it's been a few hours. Yeah it's annoying that the site goes down so frequently but it's hardly the end of the world.
Don't you have anything else to do instead of sit here whining every 15 minutes that it's not back up?

cBubbaboy

As someone else said, it's been a few hours. Yeah it's annoying that the site goes down so frequently but it's hardly the end of the world.
Don't you have anything else to do instead of sit here whining every 15 minutes that it's not back up?
nope not really my life is pretty boring

Cloudchaser

Posted to FA's Twitter 23 minutes ago "We encountered issues on the old system and the server became unresponsive. We're working on verifying data, bringing the site up (30-60m)"

marmelmm

Hat...'Stache...Legend.
Time for an oldie but goodie... ;-)

Affinitytruth.jpg

-MMM-

AliothFox

That High-Flyin' Foxy
Posted to FA's Twitter 23 minutes ago "We encountered issues on the old system and the server became unresponsive. We're working on verifying data, bringing the site up (30-60m)"

I'm glad that FA is at least making an ATTEMPT to give ETAs now (God they used be so horrible about that), but they still haven't quite figured out how ETAs work, it seems. I mean, yes, the "E" stands for "estimated," but that kind of presupposes that new information will be posted if/when that estimate isn't met.

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
Okay it's not up big deal. Go to bed or get a book or go for a walk. Draw a picture. Watch a movie. Eat some candy. Sheesh.

MaverickHunterDBoy

Maverick Hunter D-Boy reporting!
Okay it's not up big deal. Go to bed or get a book or go for a walk. Draw a picture. Watch a movie. Eat some candy. Sheesh.
Yeah, in my case, I might use the downtime to work on my Let's Play video, as well as work on my Pokemon Essentials project a bit more.

(For the curious, Pokemon Essentials is a way for one to make a Pokemon fangame with RPG Maker XP)