• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why is twitter the only site with updates?

Should FA post updates on the forums from their twitter page (or vice versa)?

• No, it's a simple matter of looking up the other website.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rainbowdragon

Hungry dragon
I just went looking around the other sites that FA is connected to, the only place where they're giving any updates about what's going on (as far as i'm aware of) is twitter (they even had a post saying how far along they were from a percentage standpoint).
Now you're probably thinking 'great we'll just look up the twitter feed if we need to know anything' the issue here is what about those of us who don't use twitter?!? Sorry for the rant but if updates are available on one site I feel they should be available on all sites including the forums.
It would certainly be better than not knowing anything.

masahikoko

the thing is, you don't need an account to look at someone's twitter feed. you don't need to be a user to get those updates.

However, I agree that they should be updating on the forum at least. Because why should we have to hunt through social media sites to get an update? It should be displayed on a site related directly to FA. They should, in that 'read only notice', link to a thread where they give updates. It should be immediately shown where we can get updates on the site's status.

Rainbowdragon

Hungry dragon
I agree that they should be updating on the forum at least. Because why should we have to hunt through social media sites to get an update? It should be displayed on a site related directly to FA. They should, in that 'read only notice', link to a thread where they give updates. It should be immediately shown where we can get updates on the site's status.
My thoughts exactly, I know you don't need a twitter account to look up a twitter feed but trying to sift through those sites to find FA updates is.....tedious to say the very least.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
I agree they should still be mentioning stuff here. No one would even know to go look at Twitter if they didn't spend their time browsing through posts on this forum. At least those who don't have Twitter nor have their Twitter page followed on there.

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
I agree they should still be mentioning stuff here. No one would even know to go look at Twitter if they didn't spend their time browsing through posts on this forum. At least those who don't have Twitter nor have their Twitter page followed on there.

Fancy seeing you here, heh. Yeah, I had no idea, I only know the current plan is to get the site back up -sometime- today because I got onto these forums. :/

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
They could have just simply mentioned it in the thread regarding the read-only mode and it would have been 10x more helpful.
I had no idea they were only posting updates on Twitter for this one until I noticed people sharing them in the comments on other threads.
Seems a bit daft to not inform people of FA updates on the sites that are actually linked to FA.

Rainbowdragon

Hungry dragon
They could have just simply mentioned it in the thread regarding the read-only mode and it would have been 10x more helpful.
I had no idea they were only posting updates on Twitter for this one until I noticed people sharing them in the comments on other threads.
Seems a bit daft to not inform people of FA updates on the sites that are actually linked to FA.
Yeah no kidding, i'd think there'd be 100% less panic if they had mentioned it.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
Yeah no kidding, i'd think there'd be 100% less panic if they had mentioned it.
Yeah.
Though thinking about it, I guess I can see it from the admins point of view.
A lot of people didn't start using the forums until the most recent site outage, and even now a lot of people still aren't using them.
So I guess it kinda makes sense that they'd write a lot of their updates on Twitter, I'd imagine they have a far larger following on that site and people use it more frequently than the FA forums.
Still, kinda sucks for those of us who don't use Twitter or plan to any time soon. And as tedious as leaving updates on every site you use may seem, at the end of the day they are running a website with a large following, so they should kinda expect to have to do tedious things.

Rainbowdragon

Hungry dragon
They don't need to update every site, just mention that all updates on their site status can be found on their twitter page. It's not too hard to make a link or just mention it's there.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
They don't need to update every site, just mention that all updates on their site status can be found on their twitter page. It's not too hard to make a link or just mention it's there.
I'm not saying they should leave updates on every site they use, just maybe the ones that people frequent most often. For example these forums, Twitter or Facebook.
Or maybe even just simply leaving a little note on where to go for updates in the little "Administrators Notice" note.

GamerFox

The problem is they're not posting often enough on twitter. Seriously, it's been what, 18 hours since the last update?

Jeffron

Well, since we're now knowing they are updating twitter, how about those of you who have seen it why don't you throw us some quotes our way?....

I agree though they should be updating here as well.

masahikoko

The problem is they're not posting often enough on twitter. Seriously, it's been what, 18 hours since the last update?
14 hours. but yeh, definately not enough info. even a 'still working on it' would be enough? just so we know?

especially since the last update said "We apologize for the extended read only. We'll be working on bringing the site up tomorrow (Sunday)."
like sure sunday isn't over but an update would be nice?

Necire

Neer's twitter has been silent too. I'm starting to wonder if they're actually doing anything...
of course they're doing something! They're playing cards against humanity in the server room while eating quesadillas and watching blade runner director's cut!

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
Fancy seeing you here, heh. Yeah, I had no idea, I only know the current plan is to get the site back up -sometime- today because I got onto these forums. :/
Haha, aye! I'm starting to get around, I guess? :3 I'm just keeping informed myself, and helping others be informed as well. It's a common act for people to ask questions before actually looking for themselves.