• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why PS4?

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
So I wake up early this morning and as I gather my wits, I realize the Dark Souls 3 is available! I own a PS4 and a Xbox One. I notice a lot of people here will grab it for PS4. Asked my good friend and he's getting it for PS4. Decision made. I boot up the old PS4 and I'm welcomed by:
maxresdefault.jpg

I've seen this before so I wait... and wait... and wait. Tried every safe mode option after that and it stayed in this loop.

So I'm pissed at this point, especially since my Sony products have always given me a hard time. So now I ask all the PS4 owners. Why? What made you choose the PS4. I want to see every reason. Because right now to me, Sony is the Apple if the gaming world: most people buy it because it's the "popular" or "hip" choice for gaming.

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
I may not own either of them, bit I know the both of them pretty well. I believe it's because the PS4 has more processing power the the X1, so online and offline gaming runs that little bit smoother. People also crow about the graphics being better, but I don't really see it.

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
I may not own either of them, bit I know the both of them pretty well. I believe it's because the PS4 has more processing power the the X1, so online and offline gaming runs that little bit smoother. People also crow about the graphics being better, but I don't really see it.
I'd like to believe it was just for that reason, but although the PS4 may have a better processor the difference is so negligible I can't consider that a deal maker/deal breaker. I will Sony some credit though. In my opinion, they have the better third party exclusives.
pffft idk i just play games on my ps3 on a shitty monitor with shitty adapters
We all have to start somewhere. I remember when Playstation graphics on a CRT blew my mind! xD

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Because I'm morally opposed to owning an xbox and I need something to watch youtube on while playing pc games.

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
L

Lasvicus

Because Sony, in general, is better.
And they stop to THINK about what they're releasing before they announce it to the world. The XBoxCunt wasnt thought through very well, and after public back lash, they retreated and revised. I would say that Sony cares more about what their customers actually want.

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
Because Sony, in general, is better.
Sony, in my humble opinion, is perceived to be better because they've been around longer and has had more time and experience in the gaming field than Microsoft.

And they stop to THINK about what they're releasing before they announce it to the world.
Really? Like the PSP Go? Like releasing the Playstation 4 at the height of the Playstation 3's life cycle? (To be honest Microsoft did the same. Nintendo was the only company that needed to release something new.) The lack of love from the PS Vita?

The XBoxCunt wasnt thought through very well, and after public back lash, they retreated and revised. I would say that Sony cares more about what their customers actually want.
You mean the online 24 hours to actually use your game console backlash? Yes that was stupid. Almost as stupid as the PSP Go. But once that was fixed, the Xbox One was no different than the PS4... except it has a better support and customer concern. For example: While Microsoft is slowly making old 360 titles compatible with the XOne, Sony is offering all their PS3 games on the PS4. For rental...only. Even if you already owned it, Sony, instead of giving you the right to play what you own whenever you want, is charging you to play it on a timed basis. Next we have the better online community and support from Xbox Live. What was Sony's answer? Let's make it free on the PS3 and give away free games to attract people back to us. Nice. Until they realize how silly that was and then turn around for the PS4 and not only starts charging for the same shitty online service and community, but then starts only offering indie games and not well-received PS Vita games as their free games while Microsoft offers well-known and highly rated games for free. And then there's the PS Vita...

This is why I say Sony is like Apple. They give the appearance of caring about the community and the customers but dollar signs are more important than customer satisfaction. And as long as the dollar signs keep flowing, Sony will only give what they feel is good for the customer, not what the customer actually wants.

L

Lasvicus

Sony, in my humble opinion, is perceived to be better because they've been around longer and has had more time and experience in the gaming field than Microsoft.

Really? Like the PSP Go? Like releasing the Playstation 4 at the height of the Playstation 3's life cycle? (To be honest Microsoft did the same. Nintendo was the only company that needed to release something new.) The lack of love from the PS Vita?

You mean the online 24 hours to actually use your game console backlash? Yes that was stupid. Almost as stupid as the PSP Go. But once that was fixed, the Xbox One was no different than the PS4... except it has a better support and customer concern. For example: While Microsoft is slowly making old 360 titles compatible with the XOne, Sony is offering all their PS3 games on the PS4. For rental...only. Even if you already owned it, Sony, instead of giving you the right to play what you own whenever you want, is charging you to play it on a timed basis. Next we have the better online community and support from Xbox Live. What was Sony's answer? Let's make it free on the PS3 and give away free games to attract people back to us. Nice. Until they realize how silly that was and then turn around for the PS4 and not only starts charging for the same shitty online service and community, but then starts only offering indie games and not well-received PS Vita games as their free games while Microsoft offers well-known and highly rated games for free. And then there's the PS Vita...

This is why I say Sony is like Apple. They give the appearance of caring about the community and the customers but dollar signs are more important than customer satisfaction. And as long as the dollar signs keep flowing, Sony will only give what they feel is good for the customer, not what the customer actually wants.
Ok the ps3 was not at it's HEIGHT. It had bugs for days and they needed something new out xD And lo and behold, they released it at the same tame as the XBox1 so it all worked anyway xD
And the XBox was basically just a glorified cable box you could connect a controller to.

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
Out of the three consoles PS3, Wii, and 360 , the PS3 was the hardest to develop games for. You can even look this up.

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
Ok the ps3 was not at it's HEIGHT. It had bugs for days and they needed something new out xD And lo and behold, they released it at the same tame as the XBox1 so it all worked anyway xD
And the XBox was basically just a glorified cable box you could connect a controller to.
By that point the PS3 wasn't that buggy and with hot new releases like The Last of Us (Which they immediately released for the PS4, forcing lots of people to buy two copies of the same game) the PS3 could have seen at least one more year of relevancy. The XOne and PS4 simultaneous release was a business move that felt forced and rushed by both companies. Neither console was ready to hit the markets. You know as well as I do that the XOne was much more than that. However, in the present, I'd much rather have that "glorified cable box" than the "glorified wannabe PC" that the PS4 is becoming.

Out of the three consoles PS3, Wii, and 360 , the PS3 was the hardest to develop games for. You can even look this up.
Hmm. Didn't know this. I will indeed have to look that up.

L

Lasvicus

Glorified PC!?!? You do know that xbox1 is basically morphing INTO a pc, right?

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
Broadening the connectivity of games between consoles and PCs doesn't make you a "glorified PC". Allowing your games to be streamed through your PC with no apparent benefits, makes you a glorified PC. I'm looking at you and your remote PC play Sony >_>

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Morally? What's Xbox done that's so immoral? (>_<)

Once, when I was in the fourth grade on a field trip, an xbox mugged me and stole the money I had to buy lunch. I had to eat other people's pity food offerings because of that damned xbox. :|

(Ignore the fact that was in like 1990.)

Really, I just never got into xbox because they never had a console exclusive that I was interested in. So, I never had a reason to buy one. Nintendo and Playstation had the exclusives I wanted, so that's what I bought.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
I got ps4 because my friends have it and my old xbox live email account got hacked so yeah the choice was obvious.

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
Once, when I was in the fourth grade on a field trip, an xbox mugged me and stole the money I had to buy lunch. I had to eat other people's pity food offerings because of that damned xbox. :|

(Ignore the fact that was in like 1990.)
o: That was before XBox got on the straight and narrow. It doesn't act that way anymore (>_<)

I got ps4 because my friends have it and my old xbox live email account got hacked so yeah the choice was obvious.
The choice was obvious to move to someone who's been attacked more and worse than XBox? I do understand the friend thing though.

At long last, a true man hath arisen.
<_<

I got a PS4 for the exclusives. Xbox has jabroni exclusives, I'll pass. But if I've got a PS4, the NX and a PC, I should be good for the entire generation.
I do agree that Sony has the better exclusives and is the only reason I bought one to be honest. Xbox's exclusives aren't bad, they just have a more limited market since Sony was on the scene first. Funny though - I only see two games on your list: PS4/PC and NX xD kidding kidding

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
o: The choice was obvious to move to someone who's been attacked more and worse than XBox? I do understand the friend thing though
I'm not sure I got hacked through xbox or anything like that, my email account was the problem. I tried a couple of times to save the account but no dice so whatever. Anyway I moved to ps4 also to not constantly wish I had my old account. I wanted to start new so yeah. I honestly believe if a hacker wants to hack something theres not much you can do about it. If people really wanted to hack xbox they would.

L

Lasvicus

I'm not sure I got hacked through xbox or anything like that, my email account was the problem. I tried a couple of times to save the account but no dice so whatever. Anyway I moved to ps4 also to not constantly wish I had my old account. I wanted to start new so yeah. I honestly believe if a hacker wants to hack something theres not much you can do about it. If people really wanted to hack xbox they would.
Well... I remember when someone really wanted to have PlayStation x;
Damn that shit blew T-T;
I wanted to rip my hair out every time I reloaded to check and see if shit was back up and running...

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
I understand more now. Losing an entire email account is the worst D: So much information, contacts, and other accounts tied to that email just gone - like dust in the wind. I have no idea what Xbox does to prevent hackers, but you're right. Hackers always find a way. From what I've heard though Xbox has been targeted quite a bit this year. I'm not sure what's been hit or affected though.