• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why was the human drawing thread closed?

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
It turned into adolescent “Hurr, humans r dumb!” an' all that.

On a more amusing note, When the IVth Crusade diverted and took the city of Constantinople, the Doge Dandolo (Venice was contracted to ship the crusaders), while they were debating on what to do with the Byzantine Emperor, said: "High justice for a high man"...

...So they threw the emperor off a tall tower. :D

I was a little curious what that thread got busted for, too. I wasn't expecting it to turn ugly quite that fast.

Still, any dude who thinks that humans are responsible for all the suffering and death on the planet is a dude who has apparently never heard of volcanoes.

eorpheus

Tiarhlu said:
I didn't even find it ugly. I think people are being a bit too easily offended. As much dumb stuff (ex. voting for Bush) as our species does, we're ripe for some bashing.

hah!

Grave

Banned
Banned
I thought it was a bit stupid that the thread got closed too. Not like i was paying any attention to it, infact i only clicked on it because i sawthat it was locked, as i was expecting some massive flame-war, but found nothing that could be considered insulting to anyone in any way, so i was a bit confused as to why it was locked.

Cant people have a simple debate anymore? Jeez unless people are calling each-other cunts or threatening to kill each other, leave them be to their convo'.

People have the right to an opinion...

uncia2000

fwiw I wouldn't have locked the thread, given what had been said, even if it could've gotten a bit heated beyond that point.

Easy enough to counter the comment by pointing to all those lions causing carnage in the Serengeti, too ;)

Azure Ocelot

I didn't see just cause for a threadlock either. I wasn't aware a few immature comments about a general subject constituted a flamewar.

While it's true volcanoes and hurricanes and floods and fires and plagues and parasites and predators and stampedes ALL cause death and destruction, it's equally true that of all the destructive forces on Earth, ONLY human beings are destructive by choice. We have the opportunity not to cause as much damage as we do, but we do it anyway. A lion kills because it is its nature to kill, and it does not have the will required to defy its nature. A person may kill for fun or profit, or simply on a whim, or in a fit of anger. Not kill out of instinct-- choose to kill.

I'd say that rates us as a tad blacker than a force of nature. But also brighter, because it means we CAN overcome our destructive urges and choose a wiser course of action. It's just that we don't always DO so.

Get my drift?

uncia2000

Azure Ocelot said:
ONLY human beings are destructive by choice.
Define "choice"? :)
No, I'd say there's plenty of other interspecies rivalry that the individuals involved could easily "choose" not to participate in (chimpanzees hunting and killing monkeys to eat them despite the obvious distress to the latter, for example).

Azure Ocelot said:
We have the opportunity not to cause as much damage as we do, but we do it anyway. A lion kills because it is its nature to kill, and it does not have the will required to defy its nature. A person may kill for fun or profit, or simply on a whim, or in a fit of anger. Not kill out of instinct-- choose to kill.
Which is kinda polarising the debate into "animals are automata, humans have free-thought".
I don't agree with that and thought we'd advanced a bit beyond Descartes these days.

The "nature" of humans is that of a "wild animal" by default: at no point in history were we consistently "domesticated"(/"selected" for tameness).

Azure Ocelot said:
I'd say that rates us as a tad blacker than a force of nature. But also brighter, because it means we CAN overcome our destructive urges and choose a wiser course of action. It's just that we don't always DO so.
Get my drift?
Yup, but somewhat idealistic, phps.
All very well, but even 6,000,000,000 well behaved humans would be "destructive" enough even if we could "overcome" those other "urges" and co-operate 100% of the time. Νεφελοκοκκυγία...

And I'm not sure how we're not "natural", either? Thanks, occie :)

JM-02c anyhow, fwiw...

Edge

This is one aspect of the furry fandom I'm not a fan of. The whole anti-human thing. When we're all human anyhow, the argument seems a little pointless.
It's much more proactive when furries get involved in enviromental and animal preservation fund raisers.

vashdragon

uncia2000 said:
Define "choice"? :)
No, I'd say there's plenty of other interspecies rivalry that the individuals involved could easily "choose" not to participate in (chimpanzees hunting and killing monkeys to eat them despite the obvious distress to the latter, for example).

You watched the same show on spike TV today as i did didnt you?

vashdragon

Edge said:
This is one aspect of the furry fandom I'm not a fan of. The whole anti-human thing. When we're all human anyhow, the argument seems a little pointless.....

Thats probly because a lot of people come to these furry sites to get away from humans. But yah an overall hate for humans to the point of flaming is kinda annoying. But i personaly dont like the way humans look and try to avoid it just cuz im not attracted to the human body. But yah flaming about a human thread would get on my nerves, and most likely thats what it would develop into. Oh well, i wasnt apart of the thread so i couldnt comment much on it.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
again people are searching for something to hate. gee, this looks like a genetically embeded urge of some sort. :)
this reminds me of a joke our comedian Zadornov is telling - 'if you take a look at a single individual - he is a geniuos, Einstein in the flash, but the whole nation altogether is bunch of morons and cretins'. this stands for humanity too in my oppinion.

*sigh* but it all doesn't matter because a human entity is not his body, but his personality, his soul, his spirit - call it any way you want. i don't talk to bodies - body is just a shell - i talk to people. i don't care how they look, how old they are, what they dress in, even what gender they are - it is still just a shell. and i cannot hate a person if i do not know him. other people's oppinions are _their_ own oppinions, not mine.

and a bit of random phylosophy to distract you from the current topic :)
the way i see it - humanity is at the break of another evolutionary jump. yes, i mean it. and what a great and long-awaited jump that would be!
lets take a closer look at things. what is wrong with humanity at the moment? it is not technology - we are progressing quite well in this field, at least enough to provide ourselves with adequate amounts of food, water and resources WITHOUT beeing reckless about it.
what is the cause of all the problems the humanity is causing? the now not so slow but steady annihilation of nature, the unpredictible, undescribable and horrible things that the people do? the sheer STUPIDITY and self-centeredness of mankind?
simple. our society is obsolete. mankind as it is now is obsolete. a good deal of emotions, urges, instincts, rules - partially embedded in our genes, partially imposed by our flawed society - are renundant remnants of stoneage. mankind does not need them anymore - they are a burdain.
another thing that is plagueing the society is money. hey, it has been the biggest fetish since it's creation. and it was a flawed idea from the very beginning. it made knowledge, hard work, an urge to evolve, learn new stuff obsolete, instead of promoting them - and basically replaced them with brutality, slyness, treachery, lies and backstabbing - as beeing the easiest and the most effective way of getting your hands on as much money as possible in a short amount of time. not only that it stopped the evolutionary process cold, it threw it back a couple of hundred years.
people nowadays are too much concearned with their reality, their everyday life, thiss... routine stuff... and it is the fault of the society again - they are forced to... not much to choose from - either this or starve.

"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in The Image Of God created He him; male and female created He them." (Genesis 1:26-27 KJV)
as much as i do not beleive in christian god, and think bible is just a masterpiece of the social-engeneers of the past to controll the ignorant peaseants, it, like any other religion, holds a lot of answers to a lot of questions. do you think GOD is such a pittyful beeing as humans are now? i don't. people are given the power to create worlds, but also the power to destroy them as well....

what humanity is forgetting about is the evolution of the soul. for those that do not believe in souls, do not argue, please - this is just a part of my life's phylosophy.
and again it is the fault of our wretched conservative society. let's investigate.
from our very birth we are told to do things the way someone has done them before us, to learn on someone else's mistakes. ohh, that pisses me off to no end. every human is unique. what worked for someone may not and possibly will not work for me (flashback :(). untill i get horribly sick by falling up to my waist in the icy water and then drying my clothes on myself, when it is -15 celcius outside - i will not beleive it is possible. and you know what - i've been told i would be. but i wasn't. go figure.....

our parents, school, society, work, shrinks, doctors, professors, scientists - all of them are trying to squeeze you into the common 'normal human beeing' template used in our society. the ones that do not fit it are considered abnormal outcasts and are beeing opressed everywhere and studied like some sort of freaking aliens.
they actively supress every gift you may have hidden inside of you, because either you are not trying to look for it (you simply do not know of such a thing), or you are afraid to show it because that would give you the instant 'freak' label. a gift that may not even have a name for it yet...
ever wondered why happy, buoyant and inquisite children loose these qualities once receive their education and turn 'adult'? is there nothing good in it to be happy about?

but it is these 'freaky' people who are the next evolutionary step in the development of humanity. they are stubborn and wayward, shy and hyperactive, they bare the wisdom rarely seen in their age, have the ability to be a lot more open-minded and compationate then others.
but they are much more vulnerable then the others as well, because they cannot protect themselves... they are strangers in this world.. and they are just too good for it. they need love... a thing that is so rare in it's genuine form these days......

yes, for those who haven't guessed yet, i am talking abouth the 'indigo' children. they bring the dawn of a new age of humanity. this may seem a strange phenominon to some, but i totally expected something like this to happen during my lifetime. and OH BOY, AM I SUPERJOYED that this is happening right now. not only because they are a statement to and a proof of my entire philosophy, but because if you think a bit, humanity as it exists now is bound for extinction, even more - self termination - even during our lifetimes. not very comfortable living with the knowledge that all you do will dome day become nothing because you see humanity literally degrading back to the stoneage, or because some jerk in uniform might spill coffee on the red button one day. nature could not have allowed this to happen... only the fundamental changes in how the people perceive the world, and a great leap in the evolution of the human spirit could matter. and it is happening now...

crap, late for work, got to run.... i just wish i had more time to make my statements a bit more clear...

edit: just remembered an old joke
'if 5 minutes of laughter adds a whole day to your life, then now i realize why GOD is immortal'

yak, have you considered joining scientology? You really seem to fit the profile, and I bet they could help bring out some of those special gifts you have that society has been supressing.

uncia2000

Ape Shall Never Kill Ape said:
yak, have you considered joining scientology? You really seem to fit the profile, and I bet they could help bring out some of those special gifts you have that society has been supressing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

There you go; saved you $50,000, yak! :lol:
(as if you didn't know already...)

General semantics, maybe; scientology, certainly not.
Do ya agree? ;)

Tabuu-Lion

"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in The Image Of God created He him; male and female created He them." (Genesis 1:26-27 KJV)
Even images can become obscured over time.

Yeah, I don't really have anything important to say :p up goes my post count XD