• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why wear a collar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creechling

I own a collection of collars and chokers. I love anything that fits snuglly (nothing too tight, no asphyxiation please) around the neck. Half way up is preferable, but sitting at the base of the throat is acceptable. I am a visual creature, I love the way they look, and put them onto my character because of it, not the other way around. They're my accessory of choice.

Half way up is preferable, but sitting at the base of the throat is acceptable.
half way
15-200-002.jpg

base of throat
leather-spiked-dog-collar-2_LRG.jpg

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
I'm part of another community other than Furry. (Psst...Goth ;3)

(I don't physically have one now but in the future maybe.)

Ben

Banned
Banned
Collars have always looked stupidly tacky to me, no matter who wears them. Even my friend Brendan, who will wear jumpsuits and high heels because he just wants to, looked absolutely atrocious with a spiked one. It's just. It's not something people should do.

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
for some reason, i heard that it's a rule of being goth or something, that you needed some kinda black collar
No, it depends on what branch of goth is your niche; Lolita, Victorian/Romantique goth doesn't have a collar a part of the aesthetic. The collar comes from the "old school" goth style that branched to Steampunk, Graver, Rivithead, Metalhead, and Cyber goth aesthetics.

(I'm a mix of Steampunk & Graver.)

Tigers-Shadow

Wonderer
No, it depends on what branch of goth is your niche; Lolita, Victorian/Romantique goth doesn't have a collar a part of the aesthetic. The collar comes from the "old school" goth style that branched to Steampunk, Graver, Rivithead, Metalhead, and Cyber goth aesthetics.

I'll admit, not knowing you, as was a bit wary of the self labeling but you seen to know your stuff! Not that...my opinion matters.

I like choker type necklaces, always have. This is simply another type xD

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!

Ohhhh, I love Victorian~ /)^É›^(\ I want a dress that I can wear around with my cousin who's getting one, and we'll go to McDonald's or something and make a scene and throw stuff. Then walk out like nothing happened.
Also the whole Sherlock thing's pretty cool, too. :3

israfur

YES PLEASE
I thought goths hated it when people labeled them.. Just saying.
Then again I'm probably thinking of the 90's goth scene.

Fizzington

That Idiot
I find it kinda comforting, and I just like how it looks. Eh. I have to hide it from my family, because I tried buying one once with my mom there, and she was saying how only psychotic people wear them. Is she trying to tell me something?...

Night-san

It's personally symbolic (not in a BDSM way), and I like the feel on my neck.

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
I'll admit, not knowing you, as was a bit wary of the self labeling but you seen to know your stuff! Not that...my opinion matters.

I like choker type necklaces, always have. This is simply another type xD
It goes to show, I research before I go into it. Also personally finding which one sparks my interest the strongest that I'll stick to without bouncing around.

Ohhhh, I love Victorian~ /)^É›^(\ I want a dress that I can wear around with my cousin who's getting one, and we'll go to McDonald's or something and make a scene and throw stuff. Then walk out like nothing happened.
Also the whole Sherlock thing's pretty cool, too. :3
Sherlock Holmes style is pretty cool, I like more of the Bioshock meets Sleepy Hollow mix.

Since I'm into D/S and BDSM, I see collars as an ownership symbol. I proudly wore one when I was owned. But I know some people just like the look. And they do look sexy sometimes.

Kahroo

I want to wear one cause I think it's cute. :3 And I'm going to get this one:
800443068397C.jpg

Only going to cost me $16.30 ($5.24 Collar+$9.99 2 Day shipping) From PetCo

Last edited:

israfur

YES PLEASE
.. I would let my kids get one if they wanted.
When I was in high school I knew this guy who wanted one, so I got him a black collar for Christmas.
My forth grade teacher got me one for Christmas too (when I was 10.) It was black with Rainbow borders<3

FoxPhantom

Some people like wearing collars just because they like it, I don't wear collars but I do wear necklaces since there like collars to me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.