• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Will I be picked on for being a fur?

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Jesus christ, the threads that people post lmfao. I love it how people answer them too.
:mad: Like you can talk:

image.gif

Just going to reiterate this for OP:
However, everyone knows obnoxious stupidity. So you are probably gonna be picked on for that instead.

If you don't make a big deal out of being a furry the people around you won't either.

T

TheMetalVelocity

:mad: Like you can talk:

image.gif

Just going to reiterate this for OP:

If you don't make a big deal out of being a furry the people around you won't either.
That was a legit thread, not a stupid/troll question thread.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

This thread could be legitimate. D:

Both are rather hilarious though [not that I have anything against hilarious threads, on the contrary they're rather fun].

Fallowfox

On the subject though 'if people find out I'm a fur,' is a rather diffuse scenario.

If people find out without your intention because you're keeping it a secret and are embarrassed about it then some folk will seize on this to poke fun at you whatever the subject is.

C

Cid_Nielcen

This falls under "what's important to me may not be important to you." Like I've said before, it's relative. If something is important to you, it's legit. If it's not, then its stupid/trolling/whining, whatever.

So... people with different viewpoints can both be right, that their particular concern IS important, at least to them, while at the same time it ISN'T important, at least to other people.

And if these people claim that the other person's concern isn't important, then they can be wrong, because it IS important, at least to that person.

An argument like this has no resolution because both people are right, and both people are wrong, at the same time.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
An argument like this has no resolution because both people are right, and both people are wrong, at the same time.
I find threads that are thinly veiled pleas for fapping material to be wrong. They piss me off at least. "Does your fursona have ticklish paws? Hee hee" Grrrr.

This current thread is no big deal, they happen about once a month.

Fallowfox

I'll think about it

But don't foxes already have that stamped on their forehead?

Actually it's stamped in their fox-pocket.

People must wonder what a furfag even is when they see your shirt, assuming you where it absolutely everywhere and never take it off.

badlands

drunken pirate

Dokid

Please put an underline on any that apply:

Nerdy
Fat
Skinny
Not so Attractive
Not Popular
Creepy
Neck Beard
Annoying

If you have underlined any of the following then yes you will be made fun of

Thank you have a nice day.

all complaints can be re directed to the complaint hotline 1-800-Ihopeyourjoking.

T

TheMetalVelocity

This falls under "what's important to me may not be important to you." Like I've said before, it's relative. If something is important to you, it's legit. If it's not, then its stupid/trolling/whining, whatever.

So... people with different viewpoints can both be right, that their particular concern IS important, at least to them, while at the same time it ISN'T important, at least to other people.

And if these people claim that the other person's concern isn't important, then they can be wrong, because it IS important, at least to that person.

Ok Mr. Politicallycorrect.

TheGr8MC

Longetivity is my middle name
Will you get picked on for being a furry? Well first off are you still in school? And if so what grade?

If you're in high school or anything lower you will defiantly get picked on because school kids are immature little shits who find any reason to make fun of you. They ridicule you to keep up public appearances and never invite you to their "oh so exclusive" clique! Even after proving you are worthy of being in their group! ESPECIALLY WHEN I----

Sorry....I got a little off topic. A few personal memories slipped through....anyways, if you're in college or above your peers should be more understanding. Out of all the college aged people I've known who also know I'm a furry only one had a problem with it, and he didn't even go to the same school as me.

Now somebody tell me where I can get a furfag t-shirt! That will really irk my schools anime club!

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
There will be people in this world who will make fun of you no matter what, because they are the types who enjoy bullying or harassing others in order to feel more powerful and/or righteous and/or cool. Haters gonna hate, as the saying goes.

When it comes to the rest, if you treat other people with courtesy and respect, comport yourself with self-respect and honor, maintain a sense of humor about yourself and the various absurdities of life, and--this is very important--don't railroad every damn conversation with furry gushing or furry evangelism, I reckon all will be well in the end.

Dokid

There will be people in this world who will make fun of you no matter what, because they are the types who enjoy bullying or harassing others in order to feel more powerful and/or righteous and/or cool. Haters gonna hate, as the saying goes.

When it comes to the rest, if you treat other people with courtesy and respect, comport yourself with self-respect and honor, maintain a sense of humor about yourself and the various absurdities of life, and--this is very important--don't railroad every damn conversation with furry gushing or furry evangelism, I reckon all will be well in the end.

Also don't hide and sneak around the whole furry thing. It's a hobby so if someone is like hey what do you like to do? Just be all "I like to do this and that and I also like drawing anthro animals/animal costuming/etc." Don't just freeze up and go "oh uhhhh I'm a furry?? and uhhh I like cartoon animals? Be my friend still?" Cause if you treat it like it's something worth being ashamed of people will look at you as someone weirder than if you just said it outright.

Troj

Right, Dokid. That's basically what I meant by "comport yourself with self-respect and honor."

If you behave like you have something to hide, or like you have something to be ashamed of, people will sniff that out and react to it.

This can be hard, because when I suspect someone MIGHT react badly to what I have to say, I will sometimes flinch, or try to resist flinching, and either way, my voice will squeak, or my eyes will drop, and the conversation will feel weird and awkward (at least to me). (Hey, if anyone has advice on how to deal with this, I'd actually appreciate this.)

Dokid

Right, Dokid. That's basically what I meant by "comport yourself with self-respect and honor."

If you behave like you have something to hide, or like you have something to be ashamed of, people will sniff that out and react to it.

This can be hard, because when I suspect someone MIGHT react badly to what I have to say, I will sometimes flinch, or try to resist flinching, and either way, my voice will squeak, or my eyes will drop, and the conversation will feel weird and awkward (at least to me). (Hey, if anyone has advice on how to deal with this, I'd actually appreciate this.)

I know what you mean haha. What I do when things get..awkward for me is that if I plan on saying something that people will react badly to I'll prepare for it. I'll run the conversation every which way in my head and usually it comes out better than I thought it would. Sometimes you can try to distract yourself a little by looking at their forehead or their nose rather than straight into their eyes.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny

Booze is a good social lubricant

Troj

Dokid--I usually do try to look at someone's forehead, or I give the appearance of multi-tasking so it looks like I'm preoccupied, rather than bracing for a hit.

It's not a huge problem, but I do notice that I do brace for impact, so to speak, even when I may not have to, and even when I don't have any shame, personally, for feeling or thinking the way I do. This extends well beyond furrydom, into the realms of religion, politics, and even miscellaneous ideas and opinions that I'm worried will cause offense or upset.

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"

Since I am confident about talking about furry-related things, I would tell them outright if they ask. If they were "true friends", they would still be friends with you, even if what you do is weird to them.