• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Will I be picked on for being a fur?

Ricky

Having a Spirit Animal, does not really mean that a person is trying to either steal culture aspects from someone else, making fun of specific cultures OR just having one because "It'za cool-yo!". Most people I met and told me they had a "Spirit Animal", they had one mostly due to their respect towards that species OR the qualities they portrait.
Calling someone "Crazy", "insane", whatever because of this is ... just plain stupid.

You obviously missed the qualification that came with that assertion :roll:

If someone REALLY thinks they are a hyena-taur trapped in a hy00man's body, they are plenty fucked.

If it's a spiritual thing, for respect for the animal or whatever then yeah -- I can see that.

That's quite similar to how I feel, anyway.

Mikhal18

Best. Custom User Title. Ever.
^Oh... "That" aspect? Well.. is there anyone like that IRL? I've never met someone, not even on the forums and several communities I go to :| I guess there might be. There are "weird" people with "weird" tastes everywhere. In that case, then yes, it's reasonable to say they're not able to put their brains to fully fuctioning.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
If it's a spiritual thing, for respect for the animal or whatever then yeah -- I can see that.

That's quite similar to how I feel, anyway.
How is respect and admiration for an animal spiritual? There are plenty animals that I love deeply and intensely but I realize there's nothing 'spiritual' about it.

I can't go for any of this spiritual bologne.

Last edited:

Ricky

How is respect and admiration for an animal spiritual? There are plenty animals that I love deeply and intensely but I realize there's nothing 'spiritual' about it.

I can't go for any of this spiritual bologne.

That was just an example.

I think I meant to wright " -or- for a respect for the animal... "

Anyway, you can read the Starblade article for what I meant by batshit insane ;3

Fox_720B

Has left FAF, at least for now
That was just an example.

I think I meant to wright " -or- for a respect for the animal... "

Anyway, you can read the Starblade article for what I meant by batshit insane ;3

Didn't deserve to die, though. Needed serious help.

Mikhal18

Best. Custom User Title. Ever.
There was, but he got stabbed :V

Seriously though -- people like that really do exist.
I know there are people that like/say/think/wtv for everything in this whole damn world, but seriously...

That article not biased at all. I mean, just the source is something we should all respect :V
(now seriously... the guy was mentally ill, it seems. DOSAJHGzophrenya is some serious shit...)

We get to learn some new stuff every day :| thank you for enlightening me on this Ricky :Y

Didn't deserve to die, though. Needed serious help.
No one said he deserved :| (at least here on FAF).

Ravy Marie White

Loves a blueberry addict.
World dragon spawns only spawn once in a blue moon. It was amazing he lasted that long before a guild came and cleared him.

Oh gawd. I'm going to hell for actually laughing at that. WoW desensitizes us! :p

ShadowNight

That Moonlight
Hello! Half Native American here.
I don't care about the attack, I just care that a bunch of "ignit white folks" using beliefs to make themselves "Special" when they do not understand it themselves. >:V

Stop raping cultures, you fucking furries! >:V

well that esculated quickly 0_o

demonicfox52300

Life sucks get used to it.
Depends on the people I think probly by some just don't tell people but if u must I only would tell my close friends.

Last edited:

Kane morioka

dancing in the dark
well we will start out sayin no i personally have not been as some say "firsecuted " but being gay is nother thing entirely however other thn within the furry community in the closet and yes my friends know im crazy but they also say im serial killer and i need to be in a straight jacket which btw are not as expensive as i thought but tht is irrelivent lol im ramblin ' talk to your
friends if they are tre friends they will stick by you no matter what and also hi i forgot to mention tht earlier best of luck to you ;3

Zabrina

Awoken
well we will start out sayin no i personally have not been as some say "firsecuted " but being gay is nother thing entirely however other thn within the furry community in the closet and yes my friends know im crazy but they also say im serial killer and i need to be in a straight jacket which btw are not as expensive as i thought but tht is irrelivent lol im ramblin ' talk to your
friends if they are tre friends they will stick by you no matter what and also hi i forgot to mention tht earlier best of luck to you ;3

...What.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned

This is why furs get picked on; they have a way of presenting themselves as insipid and ignorant.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Aleu

Deuces
Yes you will be picked on for being a furry.

Just like you'll be picked on for liking Star Trek
And Dr Who
and My Little Pony
and comics
and LARPing

--Kyba--

In my experience, most people don't even know what furries are. In my case, sometimes my friends might mention it or something if I bring something up semi related, or if I talk about something they've never heard of before they usually instantly try to connect it to furries.

Long story short, no, you won't, and if you are, well that's stupid.

Riho

Your brain cells are mine
Yes you will be picked on for being a furry.

Just like you'll be picked on for liking Star Trek
And Dr Who
and My Little Pony
and comics
and LARPing
This was my face when I saw that I liked every single one of these except MLP.