• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Will the new server have a beefy right arm?

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
will it have wings?

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
It will have none of those things, but it will have a giant spiked phallic object to rape you all with.

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
It will have none of those things, but it will have a giant spiked phallic object to rape you all with.

I think there are enough donations to give it two.

Kender3421

Now what was that spell again?
I think there are enough donations to give it two.

Probably a tail also.

Have to agree though, there needs to be one of those beefy arms, coming out of the back of it's drive core. Maybe a S and a more different S.

kamunt

Justin Bieber Apologist
It needs the epic eyebrows, too, though. No burninating machine is complete without it.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
It shall be made from pure concentrated hopes and dreams encased in chocolate bunnies and held together by melted decade old peeps and capable of spewing large amounts of eye raping smut world wide in 1 nano second

JAH2000

drunken wolf master
rigth hand of Doom. yeah.

Kajet

I think the important question is will it be able to squish peasants and burninate anyone who tries to kill it?

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
The site better have less downtimes if they are taking this much time on bringing it back up, receiving donations, etc.

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
The site better have less downtimes if they are taking this much time on bringing it back up, receiving donations, etc.

Would you rather have it been a rush job? I believe that it's far better for it to take a little longer, coupled with being sure what kind of server to get, rather than hurry it up for the sake of having the site up and running. Haste was made in the past and there were problems that came about because of it.

This time it's being done methodically with the users and their donated money in mind. The users of the site put together a sizable sum of donations, we are trying our utmost to not disappoint. This, plus shipping and set up are the reasons it'll take a bit longer.

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
just out of curoiusity, how long are the estimates that FA will be back online. will it be longer or shorter then the outage that happened back in 2005

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
just out of curoiusity, how long are the estimates that FA will be back online. will it be longer or shorter then the outage that happened back in 2005

We're looking at a bare minimum of two weeks, though I'm putting my money on three to four for FA to finally come back up.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Would you rather have it been a rush job? I believe that it's far better for it to take a little longer, coupled with being sure what kind of server to get, rather than hurry it up for the sake of having the site up and running. Haste was made in the past and there were problems that came about because of it.

This time it's being done methodically with the users and their donated money in mind. The users of the site put together a sizable sum of donations, we are trying our utmost to not disappoint. This, plus shipping and set up are the reasons it'll take a bit longer.

I wouldn't, I'd just think you'd be doing something other in that time besides trying to bring the server back up. Like thinking "This happened too many times, I think we have to finally solve what is causing the outages and getting this and that to improve services, etc."

zackstryker

Blue and White Tiger Incubus
it must have a search system, we've been begging for one

Well, I think that WOULD be a plus. But the matter is if they can find a sutiable search engine for FA internally.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Well, I think that WOULD be a plus. But the matter is if they can find a sutiable search engine for FA internally.

The search function is one of the features that is in the current Alpha-stage version of the Ferrox update (as per a recent post by yak in the "Ferrox Status" thread). Ferrox overall needs a lot of polish before it's ready for even Beta-testing, though.

With the new hardware we're getting, it *might* be feasible to put a search function into the current version of the site; I can't really say for sure though, nor can I speak to the likelihood of it happening even if it is feasible.