• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Will The "Search" Function Come Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy47

Hello,

It used to be that when I encountered the place to browse images on furaffinity it told me that the "search" was down. Is it going to come back? I think a search would be helpful in finding images, because I often find images I'm not looking for when on an image browse and oftentimes find ones that are unrelated to what I put in. I'd hope that by narrowing down what to search for via a strict search, I'd be less likely to find offensive or unwanted images. Thanks for your help!

ziggy47 a. k. a. Leah

Blueshift

Furaffinity is struggling for both bandwidth and server power right now

Unless there's a major increase in donations coming into FA, it's doubtful

Wolfblade

I'm sure everyone's imaginations can fill in the details of how that would go.

Thank you, Ceceil, for pointing the OP to the appropriate thread. ^_^

yak

Site Developer
Administrator

Vore Writer

Dog faced God
Nope. It's gone for good. Be sure to sign the "we miss you" card.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
make "search?" threads tempbannable

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
No-one will learn from it.

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
cujoe_da_man said:
Look for the release date of Duke Nukem Forever, that'll tell ya... *laughs hysterically*

Actually, from the looks of it, 3D Realms are doing alot better job of getting Duke Nukem Forever out then the mods here are of getting the Ferrox deal active.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Ashkihyena said:
Actually, from the looks of it, 3D Realms are doing alot better job of getting Duke Nukem Forever out then the mods here are of getting the Ferrox deal active.

Of course, that's completely ignoring the fact that DNF went 10 years without any major news, and Ferrox has only been in the works for...a year? Maybe a bit longer? FA as a whole has only been around for 3 years.

Ashkihyena

Yeah, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrox does take that kinda time, but, I've grown accustomed to the fact that I'll never see a search engine before A: I die, or B: something happens to this computer.

But, I only posted here, mainly cause I noticed my name was mentioned.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Ashkihyena said:
Yeah, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrox does take that kinda time, but, I've grown accustomed to the fact that I'll never see a search engine before A: I die, or B: something happens to this computer.

But, I only posted here, mainly cause I noticed my name was mentioned.
And now it's time for me to point and laugh!

*points!* Hahahaha, how overdramatic! Hahahaha, hahaha... Ahahaha... haha... ha.

Okay, I've got nothin'. :x

Stratelier

Rhainor said:
Ashkihyena said:

Of course, that's completely ignoring the fact that DNF went 10 years without any major news, and Ferrox has only been in the works for...a year? Maybe a bit longer? FA as a whole has only been around for 3 years.

Should we start placing bets? I'd ante up a free request, but I'm horrible at calculating the odds.

Ashkihyena

I'd still put my bet on DNF being out first.

Rhainor

Rawr.
With the progress that's been made on DNF recently, I wouldn't make any bets on which would be out first.

I would, however, bet on which one would have less development time behind it upon release in a heartbeat.

Pi

Ashkihyena said:
cujoe_da_man said:
Look for the release date of Duke Nukem Forever, that'll tell ya... *laughs hysterically*

Well, since you seem to be so well-appraised of Ferrox development, why aren't you committing code and posting patches and bringing the system towards usability?

Oh wait, you can't because you're dim. Shut up about things you don't understand and it's better for us all.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
@ Pi
*whoosh*

Status
Not open for further replies.