• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Windows 10 tomorrow :>

A

And

Free upgrade? Fuck ya!

Let's see what this supposed final installment to the Windows legacy will round out to be.

I'm just hoping it isn't Microsoft's method of jumping into that fucking bullshit pay-to-play scheme that has made playing games on smartphones practically redundant.

A

And

Son of a - who the fuck picked the names for these damn calendars anyways? I get screwed by that every freaking year. 4 letters, both start with 'Ju-...'

"Yeah man, goona be a kickass concert, tickets at the door, no problem!"
"So, still heading out to the concert tomorrow?"
"What concert?"
"...the one on the 15th"
"That was June, man..."
"FUCK"

It should be June, and then Zigzwag or something that is impossible to get mixed up... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
I'm looking forward to having other people test Win10 for me.

There's a pattern here.

>Windows XP was great
>Windows Vista was awful
>Windows 7 was excellent
>Windows 8 was awful
>Windows 8.1 was "eh"

Therefore, Windows 10 will suck.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
fuck that trash im still using 7 lol allways will till they go back to the way shit used to be im on 7 for life

Stratelier

There's a pattern here.

>Windows XP was great
>Windows Vista was awful
>Windows 7 was excellent
>Windows 8 was awful
>Windows 8.1 was "eh"

If you're going to cite 8 and 8.1 separately, shouldn't you cite XP's SP2 and/or SP3 separately too?

Unless of course it breaks the pattern. lol.

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
So... anyone tried Win10 yet?

There's a pattern here.

>Windows XP was great
>Windows Vista was awful
>Windows 7 was excellent
>Windows 8 was awful
>Windows 8.1 was "eh"

Wait, why did they skip number 9?

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
So... anyone tried Win10 yet?

Wait, why did they skip number 9?

Some have tried the preview versions and so far feedback seems to be mostly positive.
Why did they skip 9? Probably to distance themselves from 8 as much as possible :p

Also, I see Windows 8 and 8.1 as the same OS, so I think the pattern is still valid :3 After Windows 8 Windows 10 NEEDS to be good. Not because of any kind of cycle,, but because Microsoft can't really afford two duds in a row. The image of a brand is more important than ever, and the Windows brand isn't just the PC OS anymore. If 10 fails all products related to 10 will most likely fail as well.

Saoirse

Irish Babyfur
Some have tried the preview versions and so far feedback seems to be mostly positive.
Why did they skip 9? Probably to distance themselves from 8 as much as possible :p

Also, I see Windows 8 and 8.1 as the same OS, so I think the pattern is still valid :3 After Windows 8 Windows 10 NEEDS to be good. Not because of any kind of cycle,, but because Microsoft can't really afford two duds in a row. The image of a brand is more important than ever, and the Windows brand isn't just the PC OS anymore. If 10 fails all products related to 10 will most likely fail as well.

I've got the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview and I've got to say... I'm very impressed! I've had Windows 98, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8-8.1, and now this preview. They've actually done an amazing job so far!

For those who are Xbox One users will also be pleased as well.

The reason why they skipped nine was because 7, 8, 9.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
You know what would sell me Windows 10?
If this enormously bloated beast of an OS was finally capable of preventing applications from stealing focus.

D

DonKarnage

Still not convince of win 10.

If they don't want it to be crap, they just have to do a good job ! If they remember how to do that?

Jeroscope

Local Star Fox Ripoff
Look guys, Windows 10 has been out in public beta for about a while now. At this point, the bugs have been pretty well ironed out. I've already reserved my free upgrade for July.

And for the pay-to-play BS... Windows 10 has clarified that if you have Windows 7 or 8 (even pirated copies) of any kind, the download will be free until a year after it's release. Anyone who has downloaded it before then will NEVER have to pay.

ADF

I heard it has a built keylogger and retains pretty much everything you type, including passwords.