• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Windows 7: Even more reasons to love it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
*Looks around nerveously*
"Look, it's Bill Gates and Steve Jobs!"
*Runs away*

Ok, is this the part where I get beaten down by rich english majors with a Mac fetish? Or the part where I get surrounded by code-hungry linux monkeys?

Sticks and stones will break my bones, so let's stick with calling me names, ok?

Oh, and that thread is a sticky at the top of this forum.

Toaster

*Looks around nerveously*
*Runs away*

Ok, is this the part where I get beaten down by rich english majors with a Mac fetish? Or the part where I get surrounded by code-hungry linux monkeys?

Sticks and stones will break my bones, so let's stick with calling me names, ok?

Oh, and that thread is a sticky at the top of this forum.

This is the part where Linux steals your brain........ Good Bye free-will.

Shino

*Opens mouth, pauses, closes mouth*
Uhh... I don't get it.
Are you for or against linux?

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
You forgot Linus Torvalds and/or Richard Stallman, so the few Linux users are still around to block your escape. D=

This is the part where Linux steals your brain........ Good Bye free-will.
Er... OK?

Shino

You forgot Linus Torvalds.

My bad, I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and a microwave burrito.

Hmm... maybe I am a linux user after all.

*Ducks to avoid the flying keyboards*

hollowx64

windows seven is very good.

I might be a little... extremist but now it is my default OS.

WMP 12 sounds just awesome, Directx 11 gives higher framerates than Dx10, win7 has better multicore support and performance.

testing it from the build 7000, 7077, 7264 & 7600 RC x64.

I just love it, I will be a happy buyer of this awesome OS ^^

far away better than vista, =P

T

thunderfox5

Yeah, Microsoft should have delivered it yesterday to MSDN subscribers...

I'm still expecting it!

SailorYue

im His kitty cat
i dont think my machine is powerful enough to handle WIN7... i only have 1gig RAM, so ill just stick with XP thankyouverymuch

Runefox

Bit of thread necro going on around here. Still, yes. I think I will buy Windows 7.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Bit of thread necro going on around here. Still, yes. I think I will buy Windows 7.

Yeah... what's with the ancient thread revival?

And I'm still not buying Windows 7. Only thing that would change my mind is Microsoft:

a) Removing the DRM stuff and refusing to support any unethical RIAA or motion picture industry DRM type measures at an OS or application level.
b) Making it Open Source and free, because no one should have to pay for a consumer-level OS, especially one as bad as Windows. Charge for support instead.

Edit: And I know that there's no chance in hell of either happening, so Windows ends at XP for me. *shrugs*

Runefox

But... Windows XP incorporates "DRM" at the OS level, too - SafeDisc and SecuROM. So you mean Windows ends at 2000 for you. :p

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
But... Windows XP incorporates "DRM" at the OS level, too - SafeDisc and SecuROM. So you mean Windows ends at 2000 for you. :p

*chuckles* technically, yes. I had 2000 until very recently when they stopped supporting it. As far as Windows goes, it was the best one they ever made.

Not going with Windows 7 will eventually mean the end of mainstream games for me, but oh well - would rather do that than agree to Microsoft's EULA and give them any of my hard-earned money. I donate that instead to various Open Source projects.

Runefox

You know, there was almost a Windows 2000 Home Edition, codenamed Neptune, which would have had a similar multimedia focus as Windows XP, but it was merged with Odyssey to create the Whistler/XP project and the current state of affairs we see today.

That said, what DRM components of Windows 7 are there that weren't present in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.