• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Winter, good time for fursuit in house?

Cute_Wolfy

I really start to like the fursuit( after i searched about them and saw some nice videos), i am curious are they confortable for inside the house?
can they be useful at winter instead of normal clothes?
I am thinking that they can be really awesome wearing fursuit at winter in house.:D

Last edited:

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
I was going to rag on you for your poor grammar, but something tells me you're not an english-native, so that wouldn't be very nice of me.

Anywho, on topic: Yes. Well, mine is anyways. I wear mine around the house all the time, though I have to keep the A/C and fans on constantly. It would work during winter under the condition that you're not one of those that try to keep the house at summer-tempature levels during the winter.

Once winter rolls around up here I want to go out and romp through the snow with the suit on, just for fun. Course, gonna have to make sure none of the rednecks try to shoot me...

Doctor Timewolf

Time Traveller
Sure. It is cold out, after all.

InuAkiko

Waiting for life to get good
Woah, you're from Greece? Very cool! I'm 50% Greek myself. Can't speak much of it though><

Back on topic. I love wearing my one set of feetpaws as slippers when I'm cold. I can't wear much else, because my fursuit creeps out my family XD

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
...my fursuit creeps out my family...
I think that's pretty much universal. My dad's dog seems to be the only one that's fine with it.

Oh, and I apologize for still not having suit pics up yet. I haven't found someone willing to stand behind the camera and take them. =/

InuAkiko

I think that's pretty much universal. My dad's dog seems to be the only one that's fine with it.

Oh, and I apologize for still not having suit pics up yet. I haven't found someone willing to stand behind the camera and take them. =/

My mom appreciates the artistic side of it, but it creeps her out to see me move around in it. When I put it on for pictures she tells me to stay still so she can pretend it's a giant plushie or somethingXD My sister just thinks I'm a freak. And when my aunt came over once she simply said "This is why I don't go to Disneyworld." XD

That's unhappy! I really want to see more pics of your guy =3

I'm cold, the AC is on way to high *puts on slippers* Oh, I fell asleep in my armsleeves once when it was cold. That was fun ><

BlackCatOrian

DILLIGAF
*wiggles* oh this makes me miss my footy pajamas from my childhood so much. :< i think it'd be delightfully warm!
yeas! Footie Pajamas! I wish I could find one in my size now. they are practically like wearing a fursuit.

Winter is a great time to wear a suit especially if your house is chilly.

KarabinerCoyote

Steely-Eyed Rocket Guy
I am very pleased with my order from Hannah's. They're the next best thing to wearing a full fursuit. Forget about blankets. A bit too warm here at present to wear though. Very cozy for those 50-degree (F) nights. :cool:

As for wearing a fursuit around the house: It would depend on what project I intend to take on. Plus there's a tendency to knock things over with my tail and it's hard to use the PC with padded paws.:rolleyes:

If the PTV episode of Family Guy is on, then I suit up and imitate Wile E. Coyote trying to return merchandise at the ACME Store.;)

BaronWise

"It's a bowl full of stupid."
Lol I can't wait to wear mine in winter!
Picture concept: Laying in a cleared patch of snow. "sleeping" with a night cap and a hyooman plushie.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
The more you wear a suit the quicker it will wear out. It also can take away from the novelty of wearing it if you wear it too much.

KarabinerCoyote

Steely-Eyed Rocket Guy
A blanket-weight footy pajama suit is probably the next best thing if you're trying to acclimate yourself to your fursuit for an upcoming performance then.

sawblade5

The more you wear a suit the quicker it will wear out. It also can take away from the novelty of wearing it if you wear it too much.

Good thing I know how to reknit things and use glue. (Don't use Super Glue unless you wanna melt your suit) when I get my fursuit I know they will be times to repair it and keep it maintained. I have been doing it with some of my older Halloween Costumes some are like Pajama Suits.

InuAkiko

It also can take away from the novelty of wearing it if you wear it too much.

This is true. Sometimes I let myself 'forget' about my suit for a while. Then I go back to it and it's like a completely new and awesome experience XD

Trigger

Can believe it's not butter.
My mom appreciates the artistic side of it, but it creeps her out to see me move around in it. When I put it on for pictures she tells me to stay still so she can pretend it's a giant plushie or somethingXD My sister just thinks I'm a freak. And when my aunt came over once she simply said "This is why I don't go to Disneyworld." XD

That's unhappy! I really want to see more pics of your guy =3

I'm cold, the AC is on way to high *puts on slippers* Oh, I fell asleep in my armsleeves once when it was cold. That was fun ><
I'm a little worried about what my partents will think when I finialy get my fursuit this Christmas, as a gift to myself. I'm sure my 10 year old sister will love it, but other that that...

Anywho, I'd say it's a good idea for winter! I'm getting mine in winter, to boot!