• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Winter Storm Juno Snowpocalypse!!!

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Hey, so I'm not sure how many know, but the Coastal corridor from NYC up to Boston is about to be hit with a crap ton of snow. In Boston where I am, we're getting 3 feet (1 meter)! I've seen worse, but hey, it's hitting NYC and Boston so it has to be big :p. So, as long as I'm snowbound and the power is still on, I thought I'd post some pics. Anyone else is free to post some too :D.

Snow from a storm on Saturday, so Pre-Juno

7 PM Monday, before the storm officially started

10:30 PM Monday, a bit after the storm officially started

8 AM Tuesday

Feste

Ugh I gotta work from home. Still haven't started.....:rolleyes:

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
DRIVE THROUGH THE STREETS LIKE A BOSS. HELL YEAH. THIS SHIT LOOKS LIKE FUN. WINDOWS DOWN AND DUBSTEP BLASTIN.

Seriously tho I wanna just plow through that with my low as fuck cavalier.

Stay safe tho

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Snow drifts 2 feet or more against each door? I want to go back to sleep.

Feste

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
If that happened in the UK, it would be nothing but panic and chaos, we go crazy over a tiny amount of snow let alone something like that xD

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
I feel cheated

we only got an inch or two

its fucking nothing

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Meanwhile in Mississippi, it's 55 F. All I needed was a small jacket for the wind. :p

BadRoy

Snake awakens
I just attempted to uncover my car and discovered the simple problem.

There' sjust no place to put 2.5 feet of snow. If I shovel it into the road it will re-coverr my car by morning. If I cover the foot path I'll be an asshole. No matter what I do it will all be on my car again in the monring.

Here's hoping the travel ban extends.

Nashida

She do a blep
My mini-complex (as in, a shared lot my housemate and I share with our next-door neighbors) and I had the same problem. We tried clearing around our cars to make room for the plow and there's just nowhere to put it. We quit after a bit and had beer instead, the snow chilled them to perfection.

There's a guy outside snowblowing right now and we'll probably have to move our cars so he can plow soon, he's the maintenance dude.

Anyway we measure about 27" in our backyard, though it was up to my hips in spots and we had a few drifts up to 6'.

N30Nphoenix

Kitty-fox
You guys who got snow are really lucky, the closest it's been to snow here is frost on the grass :(

Feste

So, I finally went out to shovel my car. I live in a place with assigned parking, and I did my best to avoid getting it on other cars and the walkway although I won't say I was perfect >.>. But at least I got the ends and the side facing the sidewalk dug out, plus pictures. Hopefully the plow doesn't refill he sides too much ><.

So, one funny thing I noticed was that on the side of the car I couldn't see, the wind was so strong it blew the snow into an straight, almost perfect right angle that followed along the rest of the cars. Nature can be cool, even if the front of my car is completely buried.

Front end after shoveling.

Back End after shoveling.

5 PM snow

So, you may or may not have noticed, but it pretty much has stopped snowing. Still, a good 2.50-3 feet is a decent snowstorm. I may take at least one more pic tonight.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
You guys who got snow are really lucky, the closest it's been to snow here is frost on the grass :(
Mmmmmmmm, you know what you can just have ours!

Feste, I'm feeling that pain right now. It's Sisyphean.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
I just attempted to uncover my car and discovered the simple problem.

There' sjust no place to put 2.5 feet of snow. If I shovel it into the road it will re-coverr my car by morning. If I cover the foot path I'll be an asshole. No matter what I do it will all be on my car again in the monring.

Here's hoping the travel ban extends.

...The yard? :I

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Snow drifts four feet up the side of the house, and parts of the backyard are deep enough to come over my knees. At least the power lines are okay.

Nashida

She do a blep
So the verdict is Worcester got near 34" of snow yesterday, which smashed the 33" record we set on April Fool's Day in 1997.

The plow guy came twice, last night to snowblow the drive we share and back today with the plow to finish the job. Took the car for a little drive to warm the engine and the roads are still messy up here.

And work was closed once again, which I don't mind as I was opening today and didn't really feel like braving the highways. No paycheck is worth my life.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
...The yard? :I
I live in the city. What yard?

I lucked out with removing my car from the snow. I was parked right next to a driveway which had been cleared. And I had cleared the top of my car during the actual blizzard. So to gete out all I had t odo was reverse and drive away.

Parking after work on the other hand ....

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I got hit by "snowstorm"
more like rainstorm...
Juno too.