• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wolves wolves wolves

Connor J. Coyote

--A wolf has entered the chat-- sup?
What's up dear.... I'll give you a shout - from a coyote who loves wolves.

@WolfMawz Eh... never mind. :p
---------------------
Here's one.... he looks like a yote... but he's actually a wolf.

Last edited:

rekcerW

follow John E. Marriott and his Exposed series if you actually care. make your voice known, there's a bunch of SHIT atrocities that are still being committed day to day.

we need moar wolves!

for the record, the inked huntress is somebody that is worth fucking hating as much as possible, just a heads up. might be worthwhile making her life as much as hell as fucking possible, by whatever means idk.

Connor J. Coyote

Anyway - "OR 93" as he is called - (that's a rogue lone wolf roaming the west coast of the U.S.) has reached the California region as of now, and - many wildlife officials are rather excited about it.... seeing that wolves (in the local area) are a very rare sight to see - nowadays.

They're still tracking him now, and - are very keen to see where he ultimately ends up.... and has become very closely followed (in the local news media) as well.

He's looks like he's enjoying himself, in any case. ☺

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
Anyway - "OR 93" as he is called - (that's a rogue lone wolf roaming the west coast of the U.S.) has reached the California region as of now, and - many wildlife officials are rather excited about it.... seeing that wolves (in the local area) are a very rare sight to see - nowadays.

They're still tracking him now, and - are very keen to see where he ultimately ends up.... and has become very closely followed (in the local news media) as well.

He's looks like he's enjoying himself, in any case. ☺
Heard of him. Hopefully he drops by LA soon!

Connor J. Coyote

Heard of him. Hopefully he drops by LA soon!
@Parabellum3 Eh.... good for you, and so what. :p
(Let's focus on the wolves please).
---------------------------
And.... (as we focus on the wolves):

*In Spain and in Portugal - there is a species of wolf known as the "Iberian Wolf", which is one of the only main species of wolf (found in large numbers) inside Western Europe. And within Spain - the current leftist coalition government there is introducing plans to prevent the Iberian Wolf from being hunted anywhere in the country, by categorizing it as an "endangered" species, which in turn would place it under protected status. The reform is yet to be implemented however and could see some legislative changes.

(The range of the Iberian Wolf is seen below); most prominently in the regions of Castilla y León - which is the largest habitat for most of Spain's wolves.

And in Portugal - the Iberian Wolf has been protected by the law there (since 1988); with financial penalties doled out - for the wolf's capture or killing, and any habitat destruction and disturbance, during the wolf's breeding season.

The Portuguese law also provides a statutory program (for the compensation of livestock owners) when wolves kill their animals - which many farmers in neighboring Spain, would like their government to provide for them also.

In spite of this law however - 45% of the wolf deaths (reported in Portugal in recent years) have been determined to be due to their illegal hunting and trapping - which, many advocacy groups are now calling on the Portuguese government to clamp harder down on, and implement more stiffer penalties (going forward) - by strengthening the current protection laws.

Thus, while the Iberian Wolf is still classified as "endangered" - both countries on the Iberian Peninsula are still grappling (both legally and legislatively) about what to do about it.

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title

Connor J. Coyote

Well, legend has it that wolves often howl at the Moon; but - many scientists are now refuting this claim, by saying that they actually just lift their heads up high - because it enables their sounds to carry better.

Wolves, (like their coyote relatives) are known to howl in order to assemble their packs, attract a mate, mark territory, scare off enemies, signal alarms, or communicate their positions to others in the area.

And so perhaps - the Moon isn't as mysterious to them as we may like to believe.

Kumali

Lupine-American
Well, legend has it that wolves often howl at the Moon; but - many scientists are now refuting this claim, by saying that they actually just lift their heads up high - because it enables their sounds to carry better.

Wolves, (like their coyote relatives) are known to howl in order to assemble their packs, attract a mate, mark territory, scare off enemies, signal alarms, or communicate their positions to others in the area.

And so perhaps - the Moon isn't as mysterious to them as we may like to believe.

A friend of mine who runs a wolfdog sanctuary is of the opinion that wolves and wolfdogs howl at least a little bit more when the moon is full or almost full than at other times, because they can see prey better when the moon is bright. Be that as it may, I agree that we wolves :) lift our heads to howl because it makes the sound travel farther, not because we're aiming it at the moon.

Another fun fact about wolves howling: when wolves are howling together and two of them inadvertently hit the same pitch, they'll both immediately change. They all want to be at different pitches at all times, so they sound like as many as possible. (I told a musician friend that once, and he said "That sounds like my band.")

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks.

Wait, wrong thread..

Canis Dirus

Extinct Pleistocene canid

Connor J. Coyote

And.... furthermore - a wolf that has been driven from the pack - maybe as a result of sickness or weakness - or..... decides to leave by itself - is known as a lone wolf.

When they're out in the wild - (such as OR 93 currently is) - these types of animals are said to howl less - as a means of keeping themselves "off the radar" of other nearby packs. His discretion (in turn) helps him to survive longer, on his own.

The lone wolf - clever, crafty, lonely, and (above all else) - a survivor. ;)

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Evolution has no "point", no goal, it's just the result of random mutations and environmental pressure.
wow i've never read anything so stereotypically human in all my life.

next you'll be telling me the meaning of life is collecting ultimately useless items for their aesthetic value or enjoying entertainment in some fashion.