• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Working Furs.

Riyeko

Hai Thar.
So ive read and heard about those that go out and promote themselves wearing a fursuit, by just helping out local organizations.
I know theres a furry in my home town thats coming to the kindergarten/preschool carnival, in a well made tiger suit, and hes supposed to be there for school spirit (tigers obviously).

Ive also read that the ASPCA or other organizations and shelters around the world hire furries, or people that wear fursuits, to help them promote their organization.

It got me thinking about a job opportunity. Our local shelter doesnt get enough attention.. i think it would be really interesting if I showed up in a dog or cat fursuit and just gave them a note "Will be helping you promote the shelter today"..

Funneh...

Anyway, I wanted to know, is there any others out there that work in their fursuits? Whether its helping raise awareness for furries themselves, or actual animals and shelters/organizations?

Edited for spelling.

Van Ishikawa

ZOMBIE KAEL LOVES YOU
Saw title, immediately thought of prostitutes.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I usually volunteer in suit.
I do it for the fun value.

The Farmer's market is one establishment. What I'd like to do is make a cattle dog fursuit and dress it up as a farmer for the Market.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
I've got an interview in a couple of weeks for a job at B&Q, I don't think they'd allow me to haul bathtubs and kitchen units around the warehouse while dressed in a fursuit.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Thought it was gonna rant about how us young-guns don't do anything productive in society....

Freudian association much?

And I have a friend who works for a company where she dresses up like a Loony Toon. Problem is that that's more of a major-cityish sort of job. Wish I could help more. Good luck.

Riyeko

Hai Thar.
I usually volunteer in suit.
I do it for the fun value.

The Farmer's market is one establishment. What I'd like to do is make a cattle dog fursuit and dress it up as a farmer for the Market.

It would be a way that I could make money, if any haha... in a fursuit.
Plus, it would also quell my husbands "furrys are all stupid and embarassing" attitude.

Id be like, "bye hun off to help the shelter!!".. i mean seriously.. he couldnt argue with me for wearing a fursuit in public if i was helping out an organization that SAVES ANIMALS...:cool:

T

Tewin Follow

I can't imagine my suit lasting long in my current job, heh.

When I live closer to a town, I'd probably enjoy wearing a mascot costume for work (though I'd be worried about some idiots ruining my own one.) Like a mascot for a sport's team, provided it isn't hideous.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
It would be a way that I could make money, if any haha... in a fursuit.
Plus, it would also quell my husbands "furrys are all stupid and embarassing" attitude.

Id be like, "bye hun off to help the shelter!!".. i mean seriously.. he couldnt argue with me for wearing a fursuit in public if i was helping out an organization that SAVES ANIMALS...:cool:

Nope.

8-bit

I'm a babysitter. Kinda creepy for the parents if I wore a fursuit while watching children. God, I hate my job. *cryface*

FoxBody

I see what you did thar
I wore a penguin costume to work on Halloween, closest I've been to wearing a fursuit and working at the same time.

Sulggo

Considering I work in a bakery I would a walking fire hazard

do do do man this suit is getting really FIRE!

Tao

Hare Boi
I once auditioned for the mascot position at the local water park. The costume was a giant mallard that smelled heavily of vomit, sweat, and fear.

Fenrir Lupus

Politically incorrect.
I'd rather spend hours getting some artistic skill then selling drawings for charity or something. I'm not interested in fursuits because at the end of the day, it's not real enough. It doesn't make you an anthro, it makes you some sweaty guy in an expensive costume.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I make fursuits for a living...

other than that I get paid to go to crazy raves, pyroteknic's shows, and parties where people like to get drunk.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I'd rather spend hours getting some artistic skill then selling drawings for charity or something. I'm not interested in fursuits because at the end of the day, it's not real enough. It doesn't make you an anthro, it makes you some sweaty guy in an expensive costume.

what you gonna do? fap to your bad art?
or incant a spell and drink children's blood to become a werewolf?

if the fursuit is built right you'd feel more like an anthro in that than anything else.

unless you strip naked and go run around with wolves.

Fenrir Lupus

Politically incorrect.
what you gonna do? fap to your bad art?
or incant a spell and drink children's blood to become a werewolf?

if the fursuit is built right you'd feel more like an anthro in that than anything else.

unless you strip naked and go run around with wolves.

No, i'll just remain human except in imagination. No fapping necessary, it's not all about sex.

ntswm2

I agree Lupus' statements on art v. fursuits though that's a bit off topic.

For the purpose of this thread, I'd say talk with the shelter first (tell them you have an idea for a marketing plan), don't just show up in the suit.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I agree with ntswm2. it's fun to do some random suiting, but if you want to work with people it's best to show up beforehand and talk to them, show them you are a sane pleasant individual that just wants to help.

I volunteer at a local preschool program for needy kids. coming from broken homes, low income families and such.
I got into it by talking to the teachers and explaining what I do. it's really fun, i am really glad i did it.

I've also done some joke stuff. suiting for my mentor. She teaches a "philosophy of other animals" course. I got clicker trained...that shit is hard :(
I got into that the same way, just made it known that i could do this and it was all worked out.

If you plan on doing charity work, make it known first. don't show up to a mall, or whatever in suit, it makes security nervous. Just a note or call goes a long way.