• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

World War 3

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
Take this from someone who knows his shi'ite. IED's = User controlled explosives that aren't reliable in a setting where your OPFOR has the economic endurance to view these as minor nuances, reguardless of their effectiveness. A factory full of 8 explosive guru's cant pull together in a week what an organized country could in a single day.

IED's should be coordinated and focused on maximizing damage; popping a truck, car, or LAV on occasion is not hitting this level of efficiency. Adding propaganda to the mix is also short sighted -- your not counting on your targets having the psychological durability to mitigate such encounters to a, "Next time gadget" response.

Your also not counting on supplies being intercepted, short comings, etc. In short, don't count on them -- they're popular, but overrated. First, try to establish a safe way to get materials transported without being observed. The economy of a good underground movement will be far more effective then Nasheed's rolling with flipping trucks and big bangs.

Molotov Cocktails: Not what you think. Not enough Petrol and your big firey explosion just spills maybe two or three feet, poofs up in fire that quickly dies out and never amounts to anything. These should only be used to destroy material. IED's = better then Molotov Cocktails. Grenades = Better then Molotov Cocktails. Hollywood likes fire; reality hates the Molotov Cocktail.

Also, try throwing one in a firefight -- you'll set yourself on fire when a round breaks the glass in your hand.

Yassin Improvised Rockets: Simple to make. Glavanized steel tube, weld here, weld there, put a bunch of shit in, wire charges, make an explosive cone, ???, profit. The problem here with most of these improvised weapons is their reliability. Instead of making Rockets that have a target-to-hit ratio of 17.5% for indirect fire on all rated occassions and 22.5% target-to-hit and target-to-kill ratio of direct fire for under 300 meters, professional weapons should take all priorities.

Also, here's a tip: If you can't kill the vehicle, trying only wastes resources. Stick to the things that make sense and balance your munitions.

Dun worry, it's not a rant; I'm here to help! Your neighborhood Unconventional and Conventionalist Deployement man!

with every trap or bomb its all in placement look at the VC in Vietnam. just some spring traps and pendulum traps but thay are very efective for thining the numbers and scareing peaple. and thay work now to a gun might not do anything with body armor but an arrow head, sharp sticks and a knife cuts right trough kevlar long as you dont hit a sniper plate

StormSong

I would raise an army of the dead, and lead them in a conquest against the world.

The world shall be consumed by death!

ALL SHALL BOW TO ME!

o_O

Bambi

Joined 2008 - Returned 2022
with every trap or bomb its all in placement look at the VC in Vietnam. just some spring traps and pendulum traps but thay are very efective for thining the numbers and scareing peaple.

IED's certainly. The first deception was hiding the explosives in the rubble of some damaged building or even sophomorically, burrowing them inside a vehicle that you intended to sabotage. Also, let's analyze one bit:

Thinning the numbers takes a precedence over scaring people. If a soldier has a chance to fire his weapon or execute any form of his training, whatever lost morale was, now comes back and he resumes combat effectives like a snap of the fingers. Efficiency should take priority over special effects in Adobe Movie Maker; and where not counting the mistakes of the bomb makers or poor deployement.

and thay work now to a gun might not do anything with body armor but an arrow head, sharp sticks and a knife cuts right trough kevlar long as you dont hit a sniper plate

Depends upon the shooter or the round -- 5.56mm Round's won't usually penetrate Dragonskin at all; unless the round hits just above the Nickel Insertion (where one Dragonskin clip ends and another begins).

Also, Knive Blades don't cut through Kevlar. If you stab hard enough against a thin threat level II or IIIa plate, you might bend it inward or penetrate it; but there in lies your next problem. You're knive is now jammed in an armour plate and why attack armour with a blade when you attack soft tissue or an exposed vital area?

Interceptor Vest? Your knife will not penetrate the armour up front and not especially from an oblique angle. Threat Level IIa, IIb PASGT Kevlar Helmet from the mid 1990's? Your knife will not penetrate. Arrowhead? It will get stuck. Again, with Knives and Arrows, soft tissue or vunerabilities in armor should be emphasized, instead of taking on what armors best at stopping anyway.

Stabbies, Arrows, or Munitions.

No offense to any irish person, or british person, but the IRA is pretty good at weapons improvising weapons... As are the chechnyans

The IRA was good at improvising weapons because it didn't have the British War Economy to supplement a professional device. The result was, of course, the IRA copying the Tamil Tigers and the rise of militant seperatist from the end of the first Infitada. Well before that actually, if you count the PLO.

The Chechens had their knowledge from the mistakes of the Tamil Tigers, Al-Qaeda in Africa, Islamic Jihad, the Moslem Brotherhood, the PLO, etc. The problem with the Chechens is they weren't counting on the second war for the gloves to come off (i.e, the Russian's now having a working knowledge on their OOB, Religion, Culture and how to exploit all three to there benefit). Their militancy was strifed with many problems and short lived its successes which where at a Grandiuer when the Soviets hadn't encountered the threat initially (1st Chechen War).

Last edited:

Dragon-lover

The Flame'n Aussie Dragon
Remember... if all else fails.. just bury your head in the sand/dirt and stand still, it never fails.....

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
IED's certainly. The first deception was hiding explosives in the rubble of damaged buildings or even sophomorically, burrowing them inside a vehicle that you intended to sabotage. Also, let's analyze one bit:

Thinning the numbers takes a precedence over scaring people. If a soldier has a chance to fire his weapon or execute any form of his training, whatever lost morale was, now comes back. Efficiency should take priority over special effects in Adobe Movie Maker; and where not counting the mistakes of the bomb makers.

Depends upon the shooter or the round -- 5.56mm Round's won't usually penetrate Dragonskin at all; unless the round hits just above the Nickel Insertion (where one Dragonskin clip ends and another begins).

Also, Knive Blades don't cut through Kevlar. If you stab hard enough against a thin threat level II or IIIa plate, you might bend it inward or penetrate it; but there in lies your next problem. You're knive is now jammed in an armour plate and why attack armour with a blade when you attack soft tissue or an exposed vital area?

Interceptor Vest? Your knife will not penetrate. Threat Level IIa, IIb PASGT Kevlar Helmet from the mid 1990's? Your knife will not penetrate. Arrowhead? It will get stuck. Again, with Knives and Arrows, soft tissue or vunerabilities should be emphasized, instead of taking on what armors best at stopping anyway.

il take your word on that but i have seen on the standard vests the cops use a cross bow will almost go compleatly through it and thats what i was banking on but yea if you got a shot on expose flesh like armpits neck inside of the legs you take it

thare will never be a armor that protects some one compleatly thare will alwase be a hole

Bambi

thare will never be a armor that protects some one compleatly thare will alwase be a hole

Tip Number God Knows How Many:

The hole isn't nessecarly in the armour. Now, analyze those cryptics for the lulz.

Suntiger

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf
World War 3 will be on...TEH INTERWEBS!

Or it'll be caused by it.
I can see it now... 4chan sends a meme or something similar to several world leader who (naturally) lack any sense of humour or self distance.
They take offence at being mocked and immediately lauch a preventative defensive invasion on their closest neighbour/arch-rival and the US, except the french who get a late start because they have to eat a three course meal first.

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensues, as well as death and destruction.
After 10 years of an international free for all, France and the US wins, because they were the only one who bothered to set up decent supply lines. The french for food and the US for guns.
The civilians who managed to survive and/or never got out of their basements to watch in all on the interwebz (see, living in a basement can be good!) now start to analyze the war.
The 4chan'ers all survived off course, because cockroaches doesn't die easily, and set up a site where they post that they started it all 'for the lulz'.
Though war-weary, everyone and their mutated zombie buddy (nuclear fallout and all that) sets after the 4chan'ers, who (naturally) can't be traced by regular means.
In a hihertho unrivalled case of switheroo, the 4chan'ers join forces with the furries, who also all survived because they could live off the land deep in the wilderness thanks to their hobby/lifestyle, or was also in their basements.
The coup ends with the 4chan'ers and furries jointly ruling the world in peace.

Until the mutated zombies start to demand undead rights.
But that's another story.

(In case anyone takes offence, this post is meant entirely as a joke.)

Last edited:

Hammy

Listen and Learning
I'll protect my land from invaders but not much to worry about there no one wants my igloo. :) Beside my country are pacifist mostly. We have too many multinationalist in our country to be truly secure but that also mean we won't be number one on the hit parade for first strike.

by the way I live in the great white north Canada

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
I can see it now... 4chan sends a meme or something similar to several world leader who (naturally) lack any sense of humour or self distance.
They take offence at being mocked and immediately lauch a preventative defensive invasion on their closest neighbour/arch-rival and the US, except the french who get a late start because they have to eat a three course meal first.
Pool's closed due to Commies stealing our precious bodily flu-- MEIN FUHRER! I CAN WALK!

Tagwyn

Proud Future Soldier
In my opinion, It can't come soon enough! I'm joining the United States Army.

Suntiger

Good one ArielMT. ;)

On a more serious note.
Wanting to protect and serve you country by joining the military is commendable, Tagwyn.
Wishing for WW3 on the other hand is pretty stupid.

Heh, though I think Boot Camp will cool the enthusiasm down a bit.
War isn't nearly as much fun when you have 50-80 pounds of gear to hump, not including your rifle.
And that's before people start to shoot at you. ;)

Won't exactly be fun, but it is a great experience. You'll probably find out a few things about yourself. Most people do when they challenge themselves. Good luck. :)

Tagwyn

Proud Future Soldier
Good one ArielMT. ;)

On a more serious note.
Wanting to protect and serve you country by joining the military is commendable, Tagwyn.
Wishing for WW3 on the other hand is pretty stupid.

Heh, though I think Boot Camp will cool the enthusiasm down a bit.
War isn't nearly as much fun when you have 50-80 pounds of gear to hump, not including your rifle.
And that's before people start to shoot at you. ;)

Won't exactly be fun, but it is a great experience. You'll probably find out a few things about yourself. Most people do when they challenge themselves. Good luck. :)

Boot camp is my idea of fun... It weeds out the weak from the strong. If your determined enough, you can make it. Also, have you ever learned about General George Patton? There are people who were born for war, and I am one of those people. I lust for the chance to prove your mettle.

Anyways, enough of looking into my sick and twisted mind. Who else would fight in WW3?

FacelessScribe

Chronicler of the Ages
I'll fight, just to much Scottish blood in my veins I guess.

sablelieger

WIDOWMAKER 6
Einstein said it best; "I dunno what WW3 shall be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

I'll probably be either in the thick of it with the US Army or if the war spills over into our country, I'll be in a militia, fighting alongside the US military as a guerilla, the same way our forefathers fought the Revolutionary War.

Werevixen

This is my new rapeface.
World War 3 will involve America, Iran, Iraq, China, both Koreas, and I think (hope) Europe and Oceania, along with Japan, South America and Canada will remain a safe haven.

Einstein said it best; "I dunno what WW3 shall be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

I'll probably be either in the thick of it with the US Army or if the war spills over into our country, I'll be in a militia, fighting alongside the US military as a guerilla, the same way our forefathers fought the Revolutionary War.

Why would you willingly fight on the side of the bad guys?

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
World War 3 will involve America, Iran, Iraq, China, both Koreas, and I think (hope) Europe and Oceania, along with Japan, South America and Canada will remain a safe haven.

South America will fall into civil war, and border conflict, because the United nations cannot help while occupied with their own conflicts. Russia will only fight the countries along its borders, as will china. The middle east will be where it begins, most likely with Israel striking syria, or iran after a devastating attack on the civilian population of israel. Africa will fall into deep civil war, and border conflict due to the Un not being present to mediate the situation. The conflict in the middle east will spread into the caucus region (areas that already have had recent ethnic conflict, which will cause Former Yugoslavia, and contries such as georgia, armenia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Chechnya, Dagestan, Moldova, Russia, most of asia, eastern then western europe, ireland, greece and turkey, colombia, bolivia, nicaragua, venezuela, panama, mexico, and honduras will be on fire. The united states will get involved the moment that iran, or syria directly attack israel... And if we do nothing while the rest of the world is going to hell in a handbasket, we will be attacked for not doing anything, when truth be told, we shouldn't deal with the problems of the rest of the world unless they affect how we live, or affect how our allies live (namely, canada, UK, and suprisingly, Japan, and the pacific islands).

Suntiger

Boot camp is my idea of fun... It weeds out the weak from the strong. If your determined enough, you can make it. Also, have you ever learned about General George Patton? There are people who were born for war, and I am one of those people. I lust for the chance to prove your mettle.

Anyways, enough of looking into my sick and twisted mind. Who else would fight in WW3?
Not necessarily. You can be strong and have an accident, like slipping and breaking a leg.
In general though, yes, that's what it does.
Though it doesn't necessarily weed out the smart from the stupid, as you'll no doubt notice.

I do indeed know who Patton is.

Lusting from the chance to prove your mettle isn't the same as being born for war.
But, if you still think so after going through boot camp and having been in combat (or at least shot at), then I'll listen.
There's really no other way to know than go through it.

Bambi

I dunno -- something about it being our country and the fact we like it. XD

Boot camp is my idea of fun... It weeds out the weak from the strong.

So does war -- but then its just the strong who're killed by the weak. I don't actually believe in weak or strong for the human species; I just believe that people each have their own unique role to play and that doesn't make them weak, but diverse.

Though it doesn't necessarily weed out the smart from the stupid, as you'll no doubt notice.

Too much stupid IMHO.

Last edited:

sablelieger

WIDOWMAKER 6
South America will fall into civil war, and border conflict, because the United nations cannot help while occupied with their own conflicts. Russia will only fight the countries along its borders, as will china. The middle east will be where it begins, most likely with Israel striking syria, or iran after a devastating attack on the civilian population of israel. Africa will fall into deep civil war, and border conflict due to the Un not being present to mediate the situation. The conflict in the middle east will spread into the caucus region (areas that already have had recent ethnic conflict, which will cause Former Yugoslavia, and contries such as georgia, armenia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Chechnya, Dagestan, Moldova, Russia, most of asia, eastern then western europe, ireland, greece and turkey, colombia, bolivia, nicaragua, venezuela, panama, mexico, and honduras will be on fire. The united states will get involved the moment that iran, or syria directly attack israel... And if we do nothing while the rest of the world is going to hell in a handbasket, we will be attacked for not doing anything, when truth be told, we shouldn't deal with the problems of the rest of the world unless they affect how we live, or affect how our allies live (namely, canada, UK, and suprisingly, Japan, and the pacific islands).

Hammer, meet nail. The catalyst here will be Iran attacking israel with nuclear weapons; once that occurs; the US will retaliate in kind and then it'll be a slippery slope into a Middle Eastern War. This has been cooking since the early 30s and 40s with the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem aligning himself with Nazi Germany in order to expell the British, who occupied most of Palestine at the time, then of course, kill off all the Jews in the Middle East, so they could control the entire region, but once Germany was defeated and the state of Israel was born in 1948, the strife between Arabs and Israelis has been constant with escalations during the Sinai War (1956), the Six Day War (1967), The Yom Kippur War (1973), Operation Litani (South Lebanon Conflict - 1978) and the current skirmishes between the IDF and multiple guerilla factions, including Hamas, Hizbollah, Al-Aqsah martyrs Brigade, Islamic Jihad and others.

You sir, are a well-informed fur. I commend you. :)

Bambi

Hammer, meet nail. The catalyst here will be Iran attacking israel with nuclear weapons; once that occurs; the US will retaliate in kind and then it'll be a slippery slope into a Middle Eastern War. This has been cooking since the early 30s and 40s with the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem aligning himself with Nazi Germany in order to expell the British, who occupied most of Palestine at the time, then of course, kill off all the Jews in the Middle East, so they could control the entire region, but once Germany was defeated and the state of Israel was born in 1948, the strife between Arabs and Israelis has been constant with escalations during the Sinai War (1956), the Six Day War (1967), The Yom Kippur War (1973), Operation Litani (South Lebanon Conflict - 1978) and the current skirmishes between the IDF and multiple guerilla factions, including Hamas, Hizbollah, Al-Aqsah martyrs Brigade, Islamic Jihad and others.

You sir, are a well-informed fur. I commend you. :)

Bambi meet YOU.

Crap, I'm glad someone else took an interest in the history of that region.

Score, now I'm not alone.