• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worried about my new dog

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
So i now have a 3yo border collie. Shes smart and sweet but for some reason she fears the couch. Like, will not walk past it, stares at it from the other side of the room and even cries when I'm on it. Wtf can I do about this? Shes not afraid of any other piece of furniture we own, just this couch! It's stressing us all out because we can't convince her it's like a bed.

She knows sit, smile and hugs. She go's outside without a fuss too.

D

Deleted member 82554

Since she is already 3 years old I have to assume she came from an abusive family and maybe they done something to her which involves a couch. It's very unusual behavior for an animal to act like that towards an inanimate object, unless she finds something else that's of putting about it, the color, a smell, etc...

Take her to a friends house and see if she acts the same way around theirs.

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
Since she is already 3 years old I have to assume she came from an abusive family and maybe they done something to her which involves a couch. It's very unusual behavior for an animal to act towards an inanimate object like that, unless she finds some else that's of putting about it, the color, a smell, etc...

Take her to a friends house and she if she acts the same way around theirs.

I'd love to test that out but she gets carsick really bad.
And no, she wasn't abused. I got her from my landlord. They are spending their retirement rescuing dogs. But they bought her from a breeder because the wife wanted a puppy but now shes too sick to play with her. So they gave her to me since we get along. She has zero issues with their furniture and gets on all the chairs and couches.

Could it be that the back of my couch being black is the problem??

D

Deleted member 82554

Could it be that the back of my couch being black is the problem??

There is a very good chance, not sure why she is triggered by yours specifically though. Try covering it with a sheet, see how she reacts. At this point it's about eliminating as many variables as possible.

Come to think of it, do you have any other animals that have come in contact with the couch?

Storok

670 blp
Try an exorcist maybe your couch is cursed... Or your dog...