• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worst Movie Sequel Ever?

Dongding

The sheep
Starship Troopers 2 was a despicable stain on the franchise. It was unbelievably bad considering what a timeless masterpiece the first one will eventually be if it is't already.

D

Deleted member 82554

Howling ll: Your Sister is a Werewolf.

National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj.

The Fly II.

There are more but meh.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
dumb and dumberer, only good scene below

it literally stars some look alikes and i swear i remember it was produced by a Dutch holding company

Is that why they ignored the existence of this when Dumb and Dumber 2 came around?

Frisky1753

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。
Is that why they ignored the existence of this when Dumb and Dumber 2 came around?

let's ignore shitty sequels, let's rewrite history, duck tales whohoo

Edit: bob saget is nostradamus, shit all over the walls, facebook walls lol

I

Infrarednexus

Jeepers Creepers 2 and 3 were atrocities compared to the first one. And don't even get me started the follow ups to the original Jaws.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Howling ll: Your Sister is a Werewolf.
Female Werewolf? Ya got me interested... In looking that up on FA XD
Jokes and weird interests aside, and no I wouldn't watch that movie, I think jontron reviewed it?
What's the worst sequel I can think of to bring to the table? Hmm... Love Never Dies? A sequel to the Phantom of the Opera movie. Never needed to happen.

Frisky1753

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。
The matrix sequels. Not the worst movies in and of themselves, but a giant step down from the original.

i disliked the third one more. The wasteland real world parts just bored me and it was mostly that. I guess the parts in the matrix are like exciting to me because they're aware it isn't real and are like undercover etc.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
One that really disappointed me was that second sherlock holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr.
The matrix sequels. Not the worst movies in and of themselves, but a giant step down from the original.
Actually I agree so much with this. I like them all, but the first one is way better in everything. It was mysterious, had compelling characters, good action sequences. The second and the third feel like watered down versions, with a less interesting world.

E

ellaerna

i disliked the third one more. The wasteland real world parts just bored me and it was mostly that. I guess the parts in the matrix are like exciting to me because they're aware it isn't real and are like undercover etc.
The general concept of the movies is great. They just did a shit job on Reloaded and Revolutions.
The Animatrix was pretty neat though.

Actually I agree so much with this. I like them all, but the first one is way better in everything. It was mysterious, had compelling characters, good action sequences. The second and the third feel like watered down versions, with a less interesting world.
I feel like they were trying too hard to explain the world in sequels and it made everything kind of lose it's mystery and novelty.

Frisky1753

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。
The general concept of the movies is great. They just did a shit job on Reloaded and Revolutions.
The Animatrix was pretty neat though.

I think people blame directors too often. Did anything actually INTERESTING enough happen in real life that we could've even expected the Matrix sequels to be any good?

people don't analyze stuff, like does anybody know the villain in Skyfall was at least partially supposed to be the Wikileaks guy Julian Assange. It matches up chronologically anyway, Collateral Murder happened in 2007, Skyfall happened in 2012, so yeah plenty of time to read up on world events with that. I mean it's more than that, there's also mythological elements, a trickster or an agent of Chaos or whatever. But who else in world events was like that or relevant enough that they'd base a Bond villain on them :/

I think enough interesting developments have happened in real life since the last Matrix movies, that a sequel could be pretty dank and good

just a little something that has changed since 2003 or whatever it was

D-Wave Systems - Wikipedia

Quantum computing | Microsoft

yes right now, over the Internet you could rent computing time on a quantum computer if you wanted to?

Quantum computing sounds surreal, there's a function on quantum computing called "Square root of NOT". NOT is an operation that inverts true and false, 1 becomes 0 and 0 becomes 1. How can you have a square root of a true/false operation? /That's/ some real Matrix shit

elsewhere, people don't understand that once you get so high level (like quantum computing concepts), they do start to sound like nonsense or mental illness. It's not necessarily though. It's kind of like when a person on drugs is speechless, because the limits of human expression/expressing thoughts with words can only go so far? :p

Last edited:

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm still mad about Mortal Kombat Annihilation. The first movie wasn't the greatest but it was enjoyable as well as re-watchable.

The sequel was pure crap and nothing good came out of it except for bad scenes and maaaybe the Cyrax vs. Jax fight

Llamapie

Not sure if it counts as a sequel, but the tv show based off Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron is horrible in my opinion

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Seriously...

S

Some Moron

Birdemic had sequel, right? From the original you can only go downhill.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
Home Alone 3. Didn't even keep the main character...
View attachment 22644
You thought that was the worst Home Alone sequel? I bring to you Home Alone 4.

66D8BB8A-E4E8-4422-9242-603110084545_DC566B4E-B158-4D59-8F8E-06D2656BF801_2017-11-30-T15-49-20.jpg

I can forgive 3 for at least having Alex show some ingenuity in improvising trap designs. 4 just gives the "Kevin" protagonist the remote to a "smart" house that's already booby-trapped for his convenience.

Frisky1753

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。
You thought that was the worst Home Alone sequel? I bring to you Home Alone 4.

66D8BB8A-E4E8-4422-9242-603110084545_DC566B4E-B158-4D59-8F8E-06D2656BF801_2017-11-30-T15-49-20.jpg

I can forgive 3 for at least having Alex show some ingenuity in improvising trap designs. 4 just gives the "Kevin" protagonist the remote to a "smart" house that's already booby-trapped for his convenience.

holy crap is that real and why does it look like anime? and those lips aaaaa

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
Resident Evil Apocalypse.
Despite controversy over the first movie firing George Romero in favor of having Milla Jovovich as the main star and moving away from the original games plot. It still managed to make a fun adaptation that didnt harm the source material.
Resident Evil Apocalypse made nemesis fall in love, jill valentine be a total bitch, nicholai to be a throwaway character, mikhail to not exist, carlos isnt spanish for some reason, steals scenes from Code Veronica for Milla Jovovich.

The only reason I hate this is because I'm a massive fanboy for resident evil, but despite me knowing that I still cant find myself to not hate this movie. ʅʕ•ᴥ•ʔʃ

Frisky1753

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。
Return to Oz seems like the best and worst movie sequel at the same time depending on your perspective

wheeler scene, did resident evil 4 just rip sounds directly from the youtube video?

Edit: wheeler scene, eye on top of a keyhole triangle and legitimately creepy scene, how did youtube collectively resist the urge to scream illuminati