• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worst phish attempt so far.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
After doing the 10-day WoW trial over a year ago, it's not unusual that I get wow spam on a regular basis. But this one was so full of fail, I felt like I needed to share this.
douchebot said:
Subject: World of Warcraft
To: lupinealchemist@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 1:25 PM

World of Warcraft - Account Management‏

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded.

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here: WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account.

If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can,and will be suspended/closed/or terminated. In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the account. To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:

www.
war1dofwcraraft.com
^lol

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Blizzard Entertainment

For obvious reasons, please don't enter the address.

Last edited:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I get about 5 of these in my spam folder every day. Shit like this is nothing new. :V

Garrus

Samuel L Jackson's Nightmare
Scary thing is, there are a probably a good few people who are completely oblivious. Best attempts to laugh at are on Xbox because when you check the profile it will flash his username up before changing to whatever username he assumed to fool people like "Xbox Managemet" or something obvious.

Though that is pretty bad, I read "war1d" and thought for a second that the whole thing was to follow in leetspeak for a website name but then saw the rest and thought "That phisher. Needs to do one thing. Go back to school."

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I'm getting phishing attempts for Xbox Live and for some reason CABAL online or Guild Wars.

GUILD WARS PHISHERS: Please don't talk about subscription fee problems.

Kesteh

Twenty
Imagine the day when phishers learn how to do this shit: http://www.warcraft.com

They have been doing that for a couple of years. They have done it so much that they have practically used every combination of web address possible for the website. Everything is based off of battle.net now so... those kind of fail, except for the stupid people. You always have the brain-dead stupid people and that's how these dicks are still in business.
I got all kinds of emails even when I wasn't playing the game. I still get some for Aion and some for FF11 (never played or touched either).

The one I see most is where I am offered a "trial" of a new mount. When Cataclysm hit, they used that same old trial message but Engrished it up a lot more and based it around the expansion.

L

LizardKing

So you mean www.w0r1doffwercr4ft.net.au isn't the official site?

Shit!

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk