• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worst Rp Experience you had?

TaviBoba

Oh boy, I was wondering where this type of thread would be. *Rubs hands* Alrighty prepare for my gripes, cause I have quite a few

People who don't read my ad, I can tell who read it and who didn't
People making me do all of the work (Writing the plot, picking THEIR character and Starting)
I would Send long detailed posts with them to respond with a half-assed response (if I am lucky)
People asking what genitalia I have, I am NB, and I don't think its a stranger's business or concern on what Genitalia I have, it should not matter its an RP, not a hookup, I also...never understood why a person's gender identity mattered in an RP but to each their own I guess, maybe someone can give me a reason.
On that note, people trying to flirt or date you is super creepy like, I don't mind being friends but just because I do an NSFW RP does not mean I personally want to date or do anything Explicit with you (Hence why I only do Third-person RPs as it separates the character from the person if that makes any sense.
When they say they can do third person but keep trying to sneak in First.

I've dealt with Ghosters and I have admittedly been someone to ghost IF they give me bad vibes

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Mine are pretty much in the common experiences.

Just... if they want something, I would like to hear that from the owner themselves rather than spamming blatant hints. And this happened when my character in action was not sane enough at the moment. (Oh yes it was NSFW RP) This may be personal, but I want more of a natural progression, which I mentioned before starting. Luckily, I managed to help the situation via arranging background stuffs.

Another is that their character knows something that they naturally never could. This specific RP was meant to discover and find the way through in the perspect of each characters with provided situation, and I can proudly say that I'm good at providing solutions naturally whenever it's stuck. But still, somehow they refuse to 'find their way' and the character just happens to know everything and do it like a boss instead. Simply took away all the essence of that specific RP. Not to mention that other RPers in action got frustrated as well.

The last but not least, the table turning. This is NSFW but I'll introduce as least as possible. There are 'giver' and 'taker' when the NSFW scene happens, and I said that I only do 'taking'. At first, my character was doing fine as a 'taker', but suddenly they flip the table and becomes a 'taker'. What now, taker vs taker? How can this proceed? The progression quickly went lost. If they really wanted such stuff, they should have go find another people for that, not me.

When such stuffs happen and make the RP hardly sustainable, it really frustrates me. Thankfully or not, I am now able to do stuff I never want to when it happens at the point that it's too sad to call quits. And each person using this 'tactic' against me shall never be RPing with me again. It can be first time, but no twice.

Bonus: (I don't know if this is actually an 'RP experience')
They wanna know the specifics of my characters, yes, the character in action should be only one(regarding this specific RP). But they wanted to know every single characters' specifics. I was kinda annoyed but at the same time it's logical that one has to choose which target is the best to be interacted well. So I provided everything like origins and backgrounds of every single characters I have. And then, they are gone with the wind and is nowhere to be seen. I can't help but keep thinking if they're gonna take my character setups to use on somewhere else, terrifying.

That's all I can recall as of now, ah...

Interesting. Dang, sorry you went through this pal. I can tell you that it counts as an rp experience, and I hope you find some better role-plays that won't do such things to you.

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Oh boy, I was wondering where this type of thread would be. *Rubs hands* Alrighty prepare for my gripes, cause I have quite a few

People who don't read my ad, I can tell who read it and who didn't
People making me do all of the work (Writing the plot, picking THEIR character and Starting)
I would Send long detailed posts with them to respond with a half-assed response (if I am lucky)
People asking what genitalia I have, I am NB, and I don't think its a stranger's business or concern on what Genitalia I have, it should not matter its an RP, not a hookup, I also...never understood why a person's gender identity mattered in an RP but to each their own I guess, maybe someone can give me a reason.
On that note, people trying to flirt or date you is super creepy like, I don't mind being friends but just because I do an NSFW RP does not mean I personally want to date or do anything Explicit with you (Hence why I only do Third-person RPs as it separates the character from the person if that makes any sense.
When they say they can do third person but keep trying to sneak in First.

I've dealt with Ghosters and I have admittedly been someone to ghost IF they give me bad vibes

That is creepy indeed! Don't worry, you should find some generally kind, non I-want-to-date-you-because-of-erotic-roleplay kinds of furs here!

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
And now for something completely different.

Not the worst RP experience.

My fiancée of 10 years started off and continues to be my RP partner.

Now back to our scheduled programming.

Rhys Tieran

Ahhhhh I've got a story for this one, although I'm going to change some details to protect my identity and all that. I've told a lot of irl people this story so it's very identifying. Note: The story has mature language and crude/dark humor, so if that's not your thing, this story won't be either.

So I don't play DnD a lot, but sometimes when I visit my friends, I'll hop in for a day or so. On this particular day, we only have about two and a half hours to play, so we're doing a throw away campaign based on a certain anime universe that involves big hair, big attacks, and somehow isn't Jojo's Bizarre Adventures. Pretty easy to figure out. Anyway, I was there in a group of about 6 people, two of them are really good friends of mine. A guy walks in and almost immediately one of the friends (who we'll call Joey) pulls me aside and says "I really hope that guy doesn't stay. We almost got into a fist fight once." And proceeds to tell me some stuff that happened between the guy (we'll call him Carl) and Joey's now-ex.

Now! Carl asks the DM, who is my favorite DM ever because his stories just comes alive and he's pretty fair on most interactions, but his niceness is his downfall. He says "Sure, write down your loose details." Joey next to me mutters 'fuck' and just shakes his head. We're sitting at a huge rectangular table, with the DM to my right, Joey to my left and Carl across from me. We get into the story, and since this is a one off, everyone wants the story to go pretty fast to the action. We start in a training grounds in the sky with a time chamber. Two minutes equals a day, a day equals a month, I can't remember the exact times, but it was used for speed leveling. I'm playing a green skinned alien race.

There's a running joke that Joey always loses his clothing. It doesn't matter how, it somehow happens, so I asked for a special power of 'clothes beam' which is exactly how it sounds. The DM laughs, says sure, and we're on our way. Or not so much. Carl is hell bent on beating up the trainer there, for some reason. The DM doesn't like this because it's going to hold up the game. But he's fair, so he says "Sure, go for it." He rolls, gets a 1, and the DM sighs, everyone laughs, and he says "The trainer punches you, you take three damage." And tries to go on, but Carl says "I fight him again." This happens a few times, eating up almost an hour of time since the DM also has to manage everyone else that's training. Mind you, he's giving Carl every opportunity to stop this, and warns him that it's not going to end well and that he's just eating up precious time. But still, he persists. Everyone groans, people start checking their phones, and the DM decides to put a stop to this. Carl is purely losing this on bad rolls, all below a 10. On the last loss, the DM says "Okay. He subdues you and takes you into the time chamber for sexy times. You're in there for 10 minutes, which equals about a month in there. After the ten minutes, the trainer pulls you out, your clothes are gone and you're in a trance-like state to where you've got some suped-up Stockholm Syndrome." Everyone just rolls laughing, and I decide to do my friend a solid in a sort of "revenge". I lean over and whisper to the DM "If it's okay with you, I want to use my clothes beam to give him assless champs and a gimp mask with a ball gag." The DM just shakes his head and says "Yes. Do it." I roll, hit a 17 and announced my action. Everyone just loses their minds laughing while Carl sits at the table, also laughing, but looking at me saying "Man, that's fucked up." I just shrugged, still losing my shit too. Probably a dick move, but everyone was tired of this guy at this point. It's not like he was a newb either, he was very experienced. He was just an ass.

Even though things turned out pretty hilarious, this was still one of, if not my worse time during a type of roleplay. We ended up not being about to do much beyond leaving the training area and fighting the first enemy because of the time Carl took up, and everyone agreed to not invite him back.

JZLobo

Had a fresh one today! Someone watched me and so I left them a shout thanking them, so they left the following shout on my page:
no no it is my pleasure to meet u as i kiss your paw with a wink as i place a rose on your ear. thank u so much for the grogrous watch my dear angel. :3
What the ffffff-

I replied:
Okay that comment you made on my page is really creepy. Please don't include me in your role-playing.
And they immediately unwatched me. But nothing of value was lost.

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Had a fresh one today! Someone watched me and so I left them a shout thanking them, so they left the following shout on my page:

What the ffffff-

I replied:

And they immediately unwatched me. But nothing of value was lost.

I must admit, that must be how some people show some sort of otherworldly affection, all through the oddball ways of the enigma of the cringe mind. Sorry that happened to you

Vulps

So, he randomly joined my dms on discord... His emote where the following:

"He would reveal his genitals that appeared to be a chainsaw"

After my question what thats going to be he told me he likes gore by weapons instead of dicks.

Well... Pretty creative. Had to block him after he typed several of really weird phrases. Even though i said im not interested

TaviBoba

So, he randomly joined my dms on discord... His emote where the following:

"He would reveal his genitals that appeared to be a chainsaw"

After my question what thats going to be he told me he likes gore by weapons instead of dicks.

Well... Pretty creative. Had to block him after he typed several of really weird phrases. Even though i said im not interested
Anyone who dms me with rp stuff I ghost them right then, i don’t wanna deal with that cause it ends u0 being a poor quality rp or someone that’s going to pester me every minute to respond

I, myself, am a pleaser and even when presented with lower tiered role play I will attempt to finish it out for their sake or until they stop talking to me. Even then though I will meet the level they present me with, even if my initial attempt was much more thought out and planned. Though I think that my worst role play experiences stream form people who don't ask or confirm what I am okay with and try forcing me into less desirable scenarios like: Being made into a c-boy (Which has happened on multiple occasions. I'm getting mad about that.) Starts to over the course of the role make me start smelling worse and worse because they are into bad odors.

I'm not kink shaming, everyone is entitled to their own likes and dislikes but maybe at least ask or make sure your partner is okay with before attempted to go all heave-ho into a scenario like that.

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

I, myself, am a pleaser and even when presented with lower tiered role play I will attempt to finish it out for their sake or until they stop talking to me. Even then though I will meet the level they present me with, even if my initial attempt was much more thought out and planned. Though I think that my worst role play experiences stream form people who don't ask or confirm what I am okay with and try forcing me into less desirable scenarios like: Being made into a c-boy (Which has happened on multiple occasions. I'm getting mad about that.) Starts to over the course of the role make me start smelling worse and worse because they are into bad odors.

I'm not kink shaming, everyone is entitled to their own likes and dislikes but maybe at least ask or make sure your partner is okay with before attempted to go all heave-ho into a scenario like that.

That tends to be how current, non-experienced role-players retreat to. It is, unfortunately, a common tactic used by the vast populace, at least, from what I've seen. It gets really heinous when you go to Kik. That place is the living breeding grounds for scheisse to go down. It really gets nasty when they start forcing things, including not discussed topics, or the worst of them all, underage NSFW. Quite possibly the most degrading of them all must I say. But your situation, that is beyond nasty. Especially if they didn't even ask to make you into a c-boy. I mean, seriously, who just goes and does that kind of thing?!?

All righty, this is gonna be a long one, but I promise it's good. This didn't happen to me exactly, but I was directly involved, and it almost scared me away from online role playing entirely.

It was an interesting time in my life. I was barely an adult, and confused about Gender, and was just starting to use RP to figure things out. At the time I was playing an MMO called Champions Online, which had just gone free-to-play. This was kind of a bid deal for me because I had quit the game a year before because I couldn't afford the subscription fees. Now, before this point, I had never even considered roleplaying in an MMO, and with the huge amount of character customization available right out the gate, I was hooked. I got all the RP mods and quickly made up my first RP mmo character, Kendra the trans girl drow. After a few days of hanging around the unofficial RP spot, I met a couple of people, roleplayed with them, and got myself invited into their RP guild. So far so good.

I roleplayed with these guys for a few weeks, maybe about a month or so, and there were a few red flags - for one, in that guild you weren't allowed to have other characters in other guilds, which I thought was strange. There was also this annoying focus on the guild leader's character being over powered as hell which caused me some annoyances with some of the adventures I was working on, but it was fine. My character even had a boyfriend, so that was cool, too! I was just starting to get comfortable with roleplaying a trans woman, and decided to make another character.

This other character was Casey, a female red dragon locked in humanoid form. She actually had two forms - a cool thing about Champs is that you could make I think up to three outfits and swap between them. Casey's first was her human form, literally just a punk girl with red hair. Second form had dragon wings, and third was full scaily. She had a bad temper and was usually pissed off because she had been locked out of her true form and power and was forced to live as a mere human. Also, for story reasons, she had to work as a waitress at the RP bar, and I used to serve people with a huge frown on my face and make snarky remarks about them... good times. I miss Casey.

So the guild master's character was in a marriage with another guild member's character. Pretty normal, they had been roleplaying together for a while, and it's all just a game. It's just RP, right? Surely these were reasonable adults.

So Casey, my alt character, meets... can't remember his name, like, Spiff or something, who happened to be the guildmaster's character's hubby's alternate character. Long story short, Casey and Spiff do the dirty, and I realized I am VERY much the girl in pretend relationships. First erp for the win, and I got to do it in Casey's scaily form, so also my first scaily erp. It was great, we were both mature, it had a semi-romantic feel to it but was also a one-night-stand with a possibility of more, that kind of thing.

Fast forward, Casey gets involved with an out-of-guild story line with some dude who wasn't as good as Spiff, but still pretty good, and out characters are having a heart to heart. Meanwhile, my guild master is playing a new character, whom I remember being a female-to-male trans character, because it was his first trans character and he thought I would be a good teacher for some reason. He's bored, and he asks me if he can hang around and listen to our rp. It's fine with the other guy, so I say sure, why not, and continue my in character heart to heart.

This is where things go sideways.

While pouring out her emotions, Casey makes a comment about F*****g Spiff, just to feel something, and then I get a PM from the guild master. "Did you say Spiff? As in, my husbund's alt?" Foolishly, I didn't think anything of it, still believing this all to be make believe and all. So I say something like "Yeah lol." Suddenly, I am absolutely bombarded with PM's, all about his relationship with Spiff's main character, and "how could he do this too me?" and "He ripped my heart out!" and "How could you cheat with my husband!" and shit like that. Then, he goes on a rampage, tearing the guild apart and lashing out at his husbund who, as it turns out, also thought it was a pretend relationship in a videogame.

The guild completely fell apart after that, and a few of the guild members blamed me personally, as if I was some kind of home-wrecker. One girl, whom I thought I was friends with, even told me that it was well known that the GM couldn't differentiate between real life and roll play. I ended up losing a lot of friends all at once over that. And by the way, I was NOT nice about it. I called out everyone and anyone who was knowingly playing into this guy's delusions and attacking me, and things got so bad, I quit Champions Online forever. Which is a shame, because it was fun as hell.

And that is my worst RP experience ever.

Valryth

Do clouds look down and think I'm one of them?

That tends to be how current, non-experienced role-players retreat to. It is, unfortunately, a common tactic used by the vast populace, at least, from what I've seen. It gets really heinous when you go to Kik. That place is the living breeding grounds for scheisse to go down. It really gets nasty when they start forcing things, including not discussed topics, or the worst of them all, underage NSFW. Quite possibly the most degrading of them all must I say. But your situation, that is beyond nasty. Especially if they didn't even ask to make you into a c-boy. I mean, seriously, who just goes and does that kind of thing?!?

This is (among other reasons) pretty much why I don't like roleplay at all, and grew out of it extremely quickly when I did. I know that these people are probably just bad eggs, but coming across them gives me such a bad feeling that it really turns me off from the activity altogether.

Roleplay just seems so selfish even though people always tell me that they like roleplay because of how "mutual" it is whenever I ask them why they enjoy it, and I'm not really looking into changing my opinion anymore. I know that there are really nice roleplayers out there who are able to respectfully carry out scenarios and create wonderful things with their work, but I'm just way too exhausted from those past experiences to even care for it. Writing is awesome, and I'll never stop doing that, but I would much rather read someone's work and maybe brainstorm with them (or vice-versa) than actually engage in roleplaying.

We've all had bad roleplay experiences, I mean, it's the internet, and it's roleplay. But I guess I can also share a few of my own for the sake of the thread!

There was this time where I tried to start roleplaying with a small group of people in FF14. I currently play the game and have always known of the RP community, but I was already way past that and didn't even consider doing it because it wasn't my thing. Either way, there was this a point where I just thought "why not?" after being prompted by a few in-game friends that I had previously had a lot of fun with when doing normal game stuff with them.

It was interesting at first, even more so because the game has a really beautiful world and a plethora of emotes that can really help for immersion, but it turns out that the guys quickly derailed the session into a weird NSFW scenario despite me stating that I didn't want that (and also despite the fact that it didn't even make any sense according to the scene we were playing in the first place) and that really just set me off, so I politely walked away and mentioned that it had been a fun trial but that I wasn't really into roleplay.

Fast forward a little, and one of them (who I frequently chatted with on Discord) ended up bringing that "umprompted NSFW content" to our chats even though I made a point of telling him that I didn't want to receive that type of stuff in my DMs. For whatever reason, he kinda went "okay I'll stop" but then didn't and just got progressively worse, to the point where I really just had to stop talking to him altogether.

(A few highlights from these interactions were the "size comparison sex-toy" pictures he sent me out of the blue, where he made a point of showing him how his plastic toy was more monstrous than a can of Monster, and also the downright nude he sent me where he immediately asked me if his balding was noticeable because he had a weak scalp...)

I talk about this as a bitter experience, but honestly it just makes me laugh because it's definitely a fun thing to recollect! Just a shame that people who seem somewhat normal at first end up derailing, but I guess that's just the way of things.

MrSpookyBoots

I can't say that I've had a good roleplay session outside of a traditional, tabletop Dungeons & Dragons storyline when I played in college. A lot of previous experiences I've had can be summed up by any of the previous responses. Unsolicited requests for sex when it wasn't asked for, being ghosted, as well as people not putting any effort into their responses have caused me to actually take a step back from roleplaying in the past.

It's really difficult for me to point out the worst, but the most disappointing one was when me and another person planned out a story for an entire online session, and halfway through the other person simply said something along the lines of: "Actually, I'm bored. I lied. I'm not interested in doing this." We didn't get much done. Even now, I'm apprehensive at starting one because of a fear that the other party won't follow through on their end.

Weyekin2020

Being ghosted constantly is the worst, but I have also had so many flipping bad experiences in my 20+ years of RPing that it's not funny and I sadly remember every single bad thing that has happened. Maybe not my very first RP experience, which was just a cluster duck (replace the D with appropriate letter). Basically I made an ass out of myself because I didn't know how to RP at the time.

Anywho... I will probably go out and say RPing with a now very much ex friend who lives in the Bronx. Probably moved by now... but I digress.

We were RPing with our Yu-Gi-Oh OCs, and the canon characters. 1) I dislike MxF RPs immensely because of RPing with her, 2) I also became a diehard Prideshipper, and I still am after all these years also because of RPing with her.

The reason? She decided to stir the pot so to speak. My OC was paired with Yami Yugi (or Mou Hitori no Yuugi) and hers was paired with Seto Kaiba. (Already conflict because of said Prideshipping XD) But the pot stirring was because of my OC being with Yami, and her OC named Kagerou had a kid with him in the past. Let's just say things got really bad, really fast because she just sprang it on me. Like 'Hey is this okay? No? Screw it I'm doing it anyway!'

Then she accused me of my OC being a Mary Sue. Uh... no. Buka had flaws, she still does (even though she's in her 30s by now since the time I last RPd her). Kagerou and Rezi? They could do wrong, they were as perfect as perfect could be. Seto instantly fell for Rezi, and Rezi loved Mokuba as a little step-brother, brother in law... whatever. And she was also tied with Gozaburo which was weird and creepy...

Buka was just this journalist who came from Kyoto and was just trying to make her way to maybe a newscaster job or something, and duel with her monsters on the side. Yami liked her for who she was, not because she was pretending to be someone she wasn't.

My god I do have a good memory, that was from 2001/ 2002.

MM13

I've already talked about my experiences with Bluman08 on Deviantart, but i'm going to go over them again. Basically he is the kind of roleplaying that likes forcing his fetishes on other people and controlling other people's characters and okay he's entitled to like what he likes but it's kind of the same schtick over and over...clowns (yeah..since when were clowns a thing in terms of transformations, not even monster clowns, just plain stereotypical clowns? Really? Also what is even the difference between a clown version of a character and a normal clown? Also 'regular' clown? Does he think that clowns are like that all the time? I'm pretty sure they have lives outside of their job. ), lots of gratuitous sex (look I have nothing against mature RPs, it's just that at least ask if the other person would like it or not because chances are they might not) and sometimes things like 'stereotype' transformations (so...in the universe of his characters, someone can turn into something like a stereotypical greaser or whatever? Like is there a universe where people actually do become fire-fighter or whatever?), rubber/latex (nothing against those type of transformations. It's just what's the difference between a rubber version of a character and the actual character besides being rubbery?) and living suits (this one I don't get since he breaks his own rules...are they supposed to be akin to symbiotes or are they actual living creatures that just happen to be costumes? If they are living creatures, how come it becomes so ridiculously easy to take them off at the end?) and other things. I took part in one living symbiote RP with him and he pretty much made do a masturbation scene (which I don't do, I find subjects like masturbation and anything that is what I consider to be over an R-Rating a touchy subject and I don't do mature. I was pretty much forced to do that scene by him even though I didn't want to). My character was turned into an anthro horse and you know....big horse, big privates (seriously that guy is obsessed with overly large body parts, specifically if he gets to be a donkey or a tanuki. I bet he wishes he got to be the horse) and then there's the costume vore (okay...how does that work? I know normal vore but I don't get how costume vore is supposed to work).

And then there's the one guy I RPed with on IMVU, basically my character was supposedly fighting his character and his character decides to try and fight him, my character is a monster specifically a type of vampire and along comes this character who is some kind of god and he attempts to slay my character by cutting off his head off...and then my character just dodges out of the way and this guy accuses me of 'god-modding'...dude, if you're the guy who comes after my character expecting my character to die just because your character nearly decapitated him and you try to make my character die, then that is god-modding and YOU are the joke and not me. Also what does a freaking god character need a sword for anyway?