• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worst Rp Experience you had?

F

FrostHeart

Falling off a building during a roleplay in eso... humiliating!

DariusTheLoony

Darius Nack
I think the true moment of having the worst role play was when one of my role play partner is would end up making the story about their characters and literally push my character aside as if I'm supposed to just go with it even though they continuously push my character to the point where I don't even want to role play with them anymore. There are even worse or stories where individuals want me to role-play as a certain individual and not allow me to role-play as who I truly am since basically my characters are based off of the same individual which is me.

Kinare

RAWR
Oh boy, story time.

I ran an Ark RP server for about 3 months. After about the 1st month there was an irl married couple on the server who were both less than pleased with how things were unfolding and kept taking it outside of RP to bitch and whine about it, rather than work it out in RP. They also didn't like that I kept turning down their shitty suggestions for mods and other various changes, which they then took into RP. They kept suggesting massive changes no one else wanted, so of course I was going to say no... but I digress.

For the end of season wrap-up event I had planned on doing this big battle where everyone brought their strongest tames and they would get to beat up on the god they chose to go against with help from the god they chose to side with. Long story short, it was messy because Ark is a flawed game, so I had to do some tricky things to get the battle to work even remotely as intended. It also meant I had to ride on an invincible creature and pretend to let them weaken and hurt it so that I could continue to control the battle all by myself. No one else wanted to be an admin and help out, so if I had died or lost the one creature I could control it would have been a lot messier.

After the battle had gone on for a while, both sides losing a lot of critters, the two aforementioned people were very displeased that they didn't get to outright kill a god, they were only able to kill spawns of the god and "weaken" the spirit of the god. They went on an OOC rant in front of everyone about how stupid this was and then ragequit the game.

After that, they managed to get some other people on their side by telling them how unreasonable I was and how disappointing everything had been. They wanted me to come to yet another voice chat meeting so they could confront me on all of the things they disagreed with (this would have been the 3rd one), so I quit and they ended up taking over the RP portion of the server group.

A friend of mine stayed there and tried to play it out for the sake of her character, which was fine because through her I got to know just how awful it went. They found out just how hard it was to run an RP server, even though there were 3 of them running it, and didn't make it past their own season 1 either. They couldn't keep up with the demand of events, documentation, and planning things out, not to mention what they did do was boring.

tl;dr - My RP fail was trying to run an RP server in Ark, but drama killed it.

Jestwinged

<Insert Meme Here>
Nothing that stands out that much but some pet peeves are -

1) The one person that makes everything sexual even if the RP has nothing to do with it or they basically force their character onto yours
2) When people micromanage other peoples characters responses

One in particular I had was a private roleplay, just meant to be a bit of a cutesy flirty one but the other guy turned it into a full on ERP and got triggered so much when I didn't take part it started a long forum beef between us :confused:

Toasty9399

Above Earth
Nothing that stands out that much but some pet peeves are -

1) The one person that makes everything sexual even if the RP has nothing to do with it or they basically force their character onto yours
2) When people micromanage other peoples characters responses

One in particular I had was a private roleplay, just meant to be a bit of a cutesy flirty one but the other guy turned it into a full on ERP and got triggered so much when I didn't take part it started a long forum beef between us :confused:
That’s an issue with this fandom. You can’t do ‘cutsie flirty’ stuff without the other person getting horny and turning it into something completely different. That dude was probably planning on turning it into an ERP from the beginning.

Jestwinged

<Insert Meme Here>
Thats an issue with this fandom. You can’t do ‘cutsie flirty’ stuffy without the other person getting horny and turning it into something completely different. That dude was probably planning on turning it into an ERP from the beginning.

Probably yeah, he turned out to be a bit of a nut to be honest, he made out that I had tried to force him to do stuff and tried to spend rumours around my friendship group etc. It was when I was a fair bit younger as well when I wasn't very confident so it had a fairly bad effect on me, think he got banned in the end though (wasn't this forum btw) :p

Nomiron

Hoarder of characters & stories
When I first got into the fandom it was on a second Facebook account, since I didn't want friends and family to know I was a furry. So it was made for just plain furry stuff, getting to know people and what not and eventually I also ended up in some Facebook furry roleplay groups. Those were quite the "experience" in and of itself but nothing that I haven't seen at that point. It was the typical stuff, people looking for e-rps, one liners and so on which discouraged me quite a bit back than. Eventually however I got to know some cool people with which we created a group chat and started a sfw long term fantasy roleplay that would go on for a little over a year.

It was a bit of a mess since we were all "edgy teenagers" at the time but honestly it was still a lot of fun.
Anyways a few months after the rp was up and running one of our friends asked if he could invite a friend to join us. As none of us saw a problem in that we agreed, he joined and entered the roleplay with a new character. This is already where problems sort of began. He played as a very childlike character with "immense fire magic power". But he took the "childlike" part a bit too literally and actually acted like a toddler, which just didn't fit at all given the setting and story. Most of the times we were lucky to even get a single paragraph out of him, usually it were just one or two liners. Often we even had to just right out skip him because he wouldn't do his turn. Then his character started to constantly run off without any reason and crying because "nobody liked him". He also actively used powerplay in fights, not even seeming to bother to read through what the other character would do, just always straight up claiming that all of his stuff hit and how badly the enemy character was injured.
Eventually we just kicked him out because of all the above and the fact that he started to just straight up flirt and be quite suggestive with a character that was very much just a toddler so yeah. That happened. :'D

Last edited:

Tyll'a

Stubborn Caracal
My worst experience was with someone who couldn't differentiate IC from OOC. That person was the admin of an RP Discord I was in, and she kicked someone out both ICly and OOCly due to her OOC biases. (The reason she actually gave was easily proven to be a lie, simply by looking at the server logs that everyone had access to.) I told her that if she kicked the other person, she would be kicking me too, and I left. The person who got kicked and I are now dating, so there was very much a silver lining.

perkele

Bad Faith Argument
When my ex-wife cosplayed as herself and roleplayed a bitch for 38 years.

But in seriousness. When someone didn't realize that "roleplaying" wasn't real. Roleplaying online is really just speed-writing a story. They couldn't separate between the character they were writing for and themselves; and eventually they fell in love with a fictional character we created.

...And wanted me to "be" that character when we spoke. Whenever we spoke. All the time. Forever.

RykerTheRacc

Ryker: Bored cuz of school starting up again soon.
*Sigh* God dammit where do I start? Since I'm under eighteen, I'll only say ERP experiences if I'm asked. But, I'll tell you of a time not too long ago:

I was invited to a Discord server with people around my age and younger. Holy shit did I EVER feel instant regret.

Understandably, they had an OC acceptance system. Okay cool. Someone posts one, they get it almost instantly accepted. I post one, it takes a few hours. That didn't make me happy, as I have several OCs. I wasn't active for a while and I was kicked without warning (complete bullshit if you ask me).

Oh, we're not to the good part yet! I felt as if I was being "looked down on" because I was new. Ha. Yeah, looked down on by people younger than me. ('Least it felt like it)

And now to the good part: Their styles. Heilige. Fucking. Scheiße, were they bad. One user was using bold text, yes, BOLD text for actions, I can't remember if they had quotes for speech or not, but I don't think they did. And another, an IRL friend of mine (who invited me to the server), put actions and quotes in asterisks (Discord puts that in Italics). Such as *high fives you "hi there*

I wish I noped the Hell outta Dodge, but I wasn't active in there anyway. I think I gotta teach some people proper grammar and a good style.

RykerTheRacc

Ryker: Bored cuz of school starting up again soon.
And another one: I had this user on Discord (I do most of my online activity on Discord), they wanted to do fandom RPs every single. God damn time, they messaged me. After a while I just got sick of them, I kept on saying "I don't like fandom RPs, they aren't my thing." and I kept on getting messages. And every time they did, it was a "Hi" or "Hey"
I'd reply "Hey, what's up?"
"Rp?" They'd say. C'mon, take a damn look back, I said I don't like fandom RPs, and that's all you fucking do.

I swear, sometimes people are just. *Sigh*

silverwuffamute

Certified God
Wanted to rp with someone, didn't move as fast as she wanted so she threatened to have someone cut my dick off

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I've had a few experiences where on forums admins have felt intimidated by me for being either too outspoken OOC or too into whatever IC plot they had going on, where I'd bring up themes and questions they weren't really prepared to answer - so they banned for for an unrelated cause in order to not have to deal with my character causing the dreaded plot to occur. For example, there was a digimon roleplay forum that I joined a couple years back (it's dead now). When I joined I was welcomed with open arms, and happily decided to help the socially anxious admin out by advertising her site on around a hundred advertisement boards and websites for her. No joke, a full one hundred. Just because I didn't have a better way to spend three hours of my day, and because I really wanted the site to take off since I believed in it.

Little did I know how badly the community would show itself. First, the community was hyper left wing, like, not the good kind. The extreme "keep men in cages" kinda left wing that even made other normal sane left wing folks uncomfortable. Whenever someone said something about a man, a member would feel "triggered" or "threatened". Then there was the admin who was gay (notabely being gay wasn't the problem) and decided that since I was Ace I wasn't capable of being attracted to females (or...something?). It was a weird conversation. This had nothing on the fact that a character I'd made was villianized (which was good as she was a hacker and aimed to use people in order to understand the digital world) but she was villianized in a very negative and OOC way. On top of that I as a player was punished for being "too forceful" when I wasn't really doing anything that people couldn't personally ask me to change, rewrite, or just react to in a way that made sense. For example one thing I was called out on was my character choosing to snatch a blind girl's digivice, but it wasn't like she was physically unable to do so - and it wasn't like her digimon couldn't have had a badass chase scene. Instead of what would have been an awesome conflict or better yet, a way to explore what would happen if someone didn't have that technology, I was told that I was being unfair. Me, the player - instead of the character. Oh, and also that I was manipulating the admin or...something, lol.

The thing that got me banned was when I told the moderator that I felt it wasn't fair to talk about men so negatively in a public chat and that it might make guests feel uncomfortable, and that conversation spurred off the topic that I believed playing a male or female in a video game could be fun and you didn't have to play the gender you identified as in order to enjoy the story or gameplay of a particular game. So, the mod said something underhanded and I said I'd drop the topic out of respect. THEN the mod went into my private messages and we debated (literally debated, I don't recall saying anything directly threatening I think we just wound up heavily disagreeing at worst?) and then the admin messaged me not a moment later saying how I treated her mod like trash and that she was blocking me for trying to manipulate her etc. etc. etc.

So, yeah. Convoluted and chaotic, and one of many reasons why I've given up on a lot of community based websites and forums. Especially the roleplay-based ones. It's not worth the amount of time and commitment when I could just write my own stories and call it a day.

JZLobo

I just left a Star Trek RPG because the ship my character had been transferred to was the "Captain Carter Show" and we were all just his supporting cast. I wasn't allowed to explore my character's PTSD from the last mission of his old ship, and got told a couple times to edit my post whenever he deviated from "proper Starfleet officer behavior," meanwhile every other mission, the captain was getting stalked or kidnapped by terrorists, a cult, his own mirrorverse duplicate, and/or even a freaking Q.

Backing up a bit so the next part has some context, I played a Caitian character, which is a canon felinoid species. A couple years back, this other player--let's call her P--had her character come up to mine and, without any introduction or preamble, started publicly mocking him with cat jokes. Since he outranked her, he told her to shut up and wrote up a formal insubordination charge. All this was done in-character. My character remained understandably frosty towards hers, and even our captain at the time told her to leave him alone. Well she ignored the captain's orders and had a huge, raw fish delivered to my character, and he flew into a rage and wrote her up again. At this point, P went crying to the admins, claiming that I was harassing her OOC. Apparently she didn't think anything her character had said or done was wrong, and she refused to face consequences for her character's behavior. I was forced to drop this plot point and my character forgive hers.

Anyway, P had characters on every other ship except the one I was on, which was why I chose to leave the board instead of just asking to be transferred to a different crew.

A couple days after I left, one of the admins created a Japanese character and named them Hiro Shima. Which is a pretty big freaking Yikes, and several people complained about it. The admin apologized and said they would change the character's name, but P stepped in and not only insisted the character name was funny, but she wanted to see him eat "flied lice." Which all of a sudden puts her character's behavior towards mine in a whole new context. She's not just species-ist trash in-character, she's racist trash IRL. And when she was criticized for her comment, she just dug her heals in and claimed racist humor had been around for forever like it was some kind of proud legacy she was holding onto, or something. So many people left in protest that they had to shut down two of the ships and reshuffle the remaining characters. P's captain character was demoted, but she's still allowed to play on that site despite the fact that she's a liability that's costing them players. And a horrible RPer. And a horrible person.

I got out of there just in time.

JZLobo

Can you link the forums?
Why? It's a racist hellhole. Just stay away from a site called Shadow Fleet. There are plenty other Star Trek RPG sites out there.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
Why? It's a racist hellhole. Just stay away from a site called Shadow Fleet. There are plenty other Star Trek RPG sites out there.
I want to mess with them, that's why. Also, do you have other RPG fourms you know of, ones that aren't strictly Star Trek? Preferably Sci FI

JZLobo

I want to mess with them, that's why. Also, do you have other RPG fourms you know of, ones that aren't strictly Star Trek? Preferably Sci FI
Well just don't let 'em know where you heard about them, they already harassed one other ex-member for bitching about them. And I'm trying to start up a new Transformers RPG.