• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worst Rp Experience you had?

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

I think the big magic thing here is consent and personal boundaries.

Like yes, I am a muscle and fat fetishist, I love the idea of being big and strong (and chonk). I have characters who are also the same. However, it doesn't instantly mean that I want to do vore, most inflation, or be pushed (or push) characters and fursonas to extreme obesity or musclebound levels. Also because some of my male characters and fursona look the part, it doesn't mean I want to be anyone's "daddy".

Those are just some issues that tend to make me uncomfortable and push me the wrong way. Another big issue would be how some people view my female characters, but that's inherently more complex than what could be answered in just the scope of bad roleplay experiences (although I did mention something about it earlier in this thread).

See, stuff like this is a legitimate thing people don't understand. You my good fellow, understand the golden rule of consent that most see and proceed anyways. I tip my hat to you in respect.

faepaintings

I don't RP in Forums or Chatrooms, only ingame. But the worst experiences always are those when people cannot distinguish between IC and OOC... I sometimes play characters that do nasty things, they sometimes are mean etc... But that's just IC. But often people take it personally against them instead of just letting their characters react ICly.... -.- I don't play myself in RP, I play a role. Nothing less and nothing more. But some people are just unable to understand that somehow.

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

I don't RP in Forums or Chatrooms, only ingame. But the worst experiences always are those when people cannot distinguish between IC and OOC... I sometimes play characters that do nasty things, they sometimes are mean etc... But that's just IC. But often people take it personally against them instead of just letting their characters react ICly.... -.- I don't play myself in RP, I play a role. Nothing less and nothing more. But some people are just unable to understand that somehow.

And that my friend, is why people lack brain cells. Your point is completely accurate, and it's mainly those who seem to lack the common sense, or were probably born with a few brain cells short of modernized civil people, to completely comprehend such advancements like the distinguishing of OC and IC. Just that, or people just look for a reason to be offended. Who knows? But I understand ya pal, tis' the boat we never asked to set sail on.

JZLobo

I just left a Star Trek RPG because the ship my character had been transferred to was the "Captain Carter Show" and we were all just his supporting cast. I wasn't allowed to explore my character's PTSD from the last mission of his old ship, and got told a couple times to edit my post whenever he deviated from "proper Starfleet officer behavior," meanwhile every other mission, the captain was getting stalked or kidnapped by terrorists, a cult, his own mirrorverse duplicate, and/or even a freaking Q.

Backing up a bit so the next part has some context, I played a Caitian character, which is a canon felinoid species. A couple years back, this other player--let's call her P--had her character come up to mine and, without any introduction or preamble, started publicly mocking him with cat jokes. Since he outranked her, he told her to shut up and wrote up a formal insubordination charge. All this was done in-character. My character remained understandably frosty towards hers, and even our captain at the time told her to leave him alone. Well she ignored the captain's orders and had a huge, raw fish delivered to my character, and he flew into a rage and wrote her up again. At this point, P went crying to the admins, claiming that I was harassing her OOC. Apparently she didn't think anything her character had said or done was wrong, and she refused to face consequences for her character's behavior. I was forced to drop this plot point and my character forgive hers.

Anyway, P had characters on every other ship except the one I was on, which was why I chose to leave the board instead of just asking to be transferred to a different crew.

A couple days after I left, one of the admins created a Japanese character and named them Hiro Shima. Which is a pretty big freaking Yikes, and several people complained about it. The admin apologized and said they would change the character's name, but P stepped in and not only insisted the character name was funny, but she wanted to see him eat "flied lice." Which all of a sudden puts her character's behavior towards mine in a whole new context. She's not just species-ist trash in-character, she's racist trash IRL. And when she was criticized for her comment, she just dug her heals in and claimed racist humor had been around for forever like it was some kind of proud legacy she was holding onto, or something. So many people left in protest that they had to shut down two of the ships and reshuffle the remaining characters. P's captain character was demoted, but she's still allowed to play on that site despite the fact that she's a liability that's costing them players. And a horrible RPer. And a horrible person.

I got out of there just in time.
So I just found out that the racist I left over has a black NPC nanny for her character's children ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME EVERYTIME I HEAR ABOUT HER SHE JUST GETS WORSE

And yet despite driving away have the site and being a horrid racist and just a bad writer in general, they still let her stay on the site with a mere demotion down a single rank for her offensive actions.
tenor.gif

Anon_the_human

DEAD ACCOUNT
Well, I've had some bad rp experiences and for me, they make me think of why do I even still rp. Some of which I have some self control issues so I tend to ghost at times due to me and myself.

D

Deleted member 134689

I wish I had funny stories to share, but..

1) characters being copied/stolen/used as other people's flist faceclaims
2) furry rpers being uninterested if sex isn't the focus

Zinogirl

The only story I can share is from a Castles and Crusades session (It's like Dungeons and Dragons) , mind you I wasn't present when this happened, the DM told me the story.

The campaign was already ongoing (I think) and so someone joined in on the adventure. This guy decided to be a magic based user, like a wizard or sorcerer, can't remember. His introduction to the group was that he performed a particular ability that depletes all the oxygen in their area + reduces their health GREATLY. This douche did it just to flex his power on them and "establish who's boss" or some BS like that.

The DM told me that they never invited the guy to their sessions after that.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
I wish I had funny stories to share, but..

1) characters being copied/stolen/used as other people's flist faceclaims
This, #2 especially. Someone will come and when their fetish OC gets denied, they leave.

Anon_the_human

DEAD ACCOUNT
This, #2 especially. Someone will come and when their fetish OC gets denied, they leave.
#3 for me is if I have a fetish, I can always work around them, but others don't like it. So they never rp with me. Like really? I've done vanilla rps in the past so I know what to do.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
#3 for me is if I have a fetish, I can always work around them, but others don't like it. So they never rp with me. Like really? I've done vanilla rps in the past so I know what to do.
Yea but I've been in SFW rps and this happened multiple times. They're told extensively that erp isn't the focus, but they try anyways.

D

Deleted member 134689

I would like to hear your experiences if you'll share some, of the fetish ocs being denied and them leaving.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
I would like to hear your experiences if you'll share some, of the fetish ocs being denied and them leaving.
In a hyper-advanced fantasy setting, one dude wanted to be a character with a curse that made him have an insatiable lust towards any female, and wouldn't be able to control himself if he came across one. In another, somebody wanted to be a character with a feet/vore fetish. Keep in mind these are all SFW servers, where erp isn't the focus. We, as in the DMs, would've been fine with modifying the characters to fit the setting more, giving them more story potential. But they had none of it and left. I say they are SFW servers, but that only means that it's story based where characters have goals (fighting for the resistance against the dystopian government/burn the resistance to the ground) as an example. Erp was allowed via DM's, and often these RPs have mature themes, but these people only wanted to erp and clearly the servers didn't suit them.

faepaintings

Oh, not only furries...
I had such experiences not only once in ingame RP in Elder Scrolls... I play mostly male characters, but that does not prevent me from encountering people that only seek eRP with their female characters. The most obvious thing was, when my character was in a city, pausing from his hunt after some murderers and there was this breton woman. All cliché of beautiful, sexy and whatnot in her description. But she was played so illogical and badly... She tried to be oh so mysterious in a public place in that city and wanted to join my character's group... and especially him. He of course asked who she was and what her name was, but she just.... smiled "seductively", lounging "sensually" towards him and told him he should try to find it out by himself. Of course with a voice oh so seductive... He bluntly told her that he does not travel with people that don't even want to tell their name and all of a sudden she turned cold and uninterested IC and completely left our RP within minutes and even insulted us OOC as boring. I lol'd.

Pretty obvious what her player was looking for... And this kind of players annoy me the most. Badly played characters, forcing their thirst for eRP on everyone that didn't ask for it.

ratdadtim

had a coupe experiences lately that strangely enough ended before they even started.

examples being i post stuff on here, get responses, direct people to my discord. i talk a bit more with them and explain the time zone difference and theyre all ok with it, supposedly.

one said they had a character they were in the process of making they wanted to use, so i figured aright then we wait and just chat until they let me know that the character is done. i attempt to do some regular chatting for couple days up to a week and i dont really get any responses, so i leave them alone, figure theyll contact me whenever theyre ready.

same with another, we talk about setting up a discord room to keep the rp in there but the chatting dies out.

i wait a while with both of them and then finally figure i should poke them and double check that they wanna do this (since THEY contacted me after the rp postings here), and theyve both either removed me from the discord friends list or blocked me. cant really tell which either way.

why do people do this? lol

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

I just got a new one! I role-played once in the Furaffinity notes with someone, it was at best, a few days ago. Keepin' it short and sweet, a put at least six to seven sentences worth of detail, making sure that all my stuff was proofread, and then I see his response: A one liner that I probably needed a detective for. It was like trying to break down Egyptian stories and translate it to English. It was so horrible, I had to take a solid minute trying to see what the overall meaning was. Good l o r d, it was b a d.

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
I just got a new one! I role-played once in the Furaffinity notes with someone, it was at best, a few days ago. Keepin' it short and sweet, a put at least six to seven sentences worth of detail, making sure that all my stuff was proofread, and then I see his response: A one liner that I probably needed a detective for. It was like trying to break down Egyptian stories and translate it to English. It was so horrible, I had to take a solid minute trying to see what the overall meaning was. Good l o r d, it was b a d.
Yeah, I've had cases like those happen to me a lot.
Way, way too much, if I'm being honest... kind of gotten a little jaded towards people now.

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
I was the bad one once upon a time.

I was RPing all wrong as a teen. I was doing it more like "add a part to the story", if that makes sense. Instead of "each person takes control of their character". It was more like "we take turns with all of the characters".

I was probably the most obnoxious thing. I'm sorry world.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
The worst ones I had were the ones where I get yelled at for not giving responses that are long enough for the other person's liking.

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Yeah, I've had cases like those happen to me a lot.
Way, way too much, if I'm being honest... kind of gotten a little jaded towards people now.

Ah, yeah. That tends to happen with people you come across who seem to lack the basic fundamentals of rp. Hopefully, maybe, you'll get lucky again! I'll be supporting you all the way pal!

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
Ah, yeah. That tends to happen with people you come across who seem to lack the basic fundamentals of rp. Hopefully, maybe, you'll get lucky again! I'll be supporting you all the way pal!
Maybe. I still feel extremely nervous asking anybody on here. I'm a pretty reserved person so this is a bit out of my comfort zone.