• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

driftingdragon

So over the past few days, I've been experiencing terrible pain in my elbow.

Broken glass is all over my house, cause I'm a dumbass, and I just thought it was one of those.

TURNS OUT THOUGH, after several days of debating if it's a bad pimple or a splinter of glass. I decided to check it out in the mirror.

UNBEKNOWNST to me, I dug and dug, to find the source, not feeling any hard substances. And about like a minute of skin pulling, I removed it and was like. Wtf, where?

So upon closer inspection, on the tweezers, was a tiny piece of hair.

Immediately my mind went back to the day I got my hair cut like literally the same day it started hurting.

BWAIS I had a whole tiny ass hair splinter fucking my elbow pores.

Tell me your worst and most memorable splinter story (or anything else in relation)

Hope you all enjoyed the funny story! Thanks for your time! :3

ConorHyena

road warrior
Reaping the rewards of using a wire brush and an angle grinder without protective gear last summer ended with one of the wire brush's wires breaking off and embedding itself in my arm. We had to cut it free with a scalpel. It was unpleasant.

driftingdragon

Reaping the rewards of using a wire brush and an angle grinder without protective gear last summer ended with one of the wire brush's wires breaking off and embedding itself in my arm. We had to cut it free with a scalpel. It was unpleasant.
Oof. That sounds rough :c

I hope your recovery went well!

LimePie

I once had a glass shard about 1/2" long (1,2cm) sticking trough my heel stright in. I couldn´t pull it out for the glass was so small that it broke every time I tried. So I had to wait and slowly pull it out with a pair of rubber-tipped forceps. It took in the end about 10 minutes to pull it out. I still have a dot where it entered on my heel xd

driftingdragon

I once had a glass shard about 1/2" long (1,2cm) sticking trough my heel stright in. I couldn´t pull it out for the glass was so small that it broke every time I tried. So I had to wait and slowly pull it out with a pair of rubber-tipped forceps. It took in the end about 10 minutes to pull it out. I still have a dot where it entered on my heel xd

Oh fuck, one time my mom got the sharp end of a drawing compass stuck in the heel of her foot.

I was young and I freaked out. She said she didn't even feel it until she started to rotate her foot, and when she couldn't she realized what had happened.

She too still has a dot there! (dot twins)

LimePie

Oh fuck, one time my mom got the sharp end of a drawing compass stuck in the heel of her foot.

I was young and I freaked out. She said she didn't even feel it until she started to rotate her foot, and when she couldn't she realized what had happened.

She too still has a dot there! (dot twins)

I too didn´t feel it untill I took out my foot from my shoe, it was longer the shard buut it was 1/2" in to my foot.
Yaay, dot twins :D

M

ManicTherapsid

I had to cut a piece of carbon fiber from a shattered arrow out of my thumb once.

M

ManicTherapsid

It's one of those materials that keeps getting deeper if you don't remove it.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Last year, I had a long sliver of glass enter my middle finger just above the cuticle of the nail and break off inside at work. The nail developed a groove in it and didn't grow normally until after a year later when the piece of glass finally came out on its own (I think).

driftingdragon

I had to cut a piece of carbon fiber from a shattered arrow out of my thumb once.

AHA! I knew I'd find someone with this that happened.

There's this terrible picture in existence somewhere that's like that, but with an entire arrow, and an entire hand. I feel like myself and many other hunting fanatics may have seen it before. Was gnarly ;-;

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
My family and I have a wooden deck at our house that we have picnics and hang out on from time to time. The wood was pretty worn because we haven't replaced any of the boards in AGES, so they were getting all splintery and ragged. While we had company over, I was running up the stairs and I tripped like the clutz I am, fell on my chin on another step, and got a huge chunk of wood lodged in my chin. It was about as large in diameter as a thumbtack, but it was in my skin deep lol. Surprisingly enough, it didn't leave a scar of any kind!

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
Last year, I had a long sliver of glass enter my middle finger just above the cuticle of the nail and break off inside at work. The nail developed a groove in it and didn't grow normally until after a year later when the piece of glass finally came out on its own (I think).

This is why I've always worked an office job, or at least, from home. I refuse to do manual labour.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
When I was a kid I got a splinter stuck in my foot jumping on a wooden bench. It was pretty large but I was afraid of getting it removed and I didn't tell my parents.

It hurt a lot too, just thinking back to it makes me cringe in pain. But eventually the skin healed over it and turned green for a couple weeks. And then eventually I just never saw it again. I have no idea if it ever left my body or if I have a big ole piece of wood stuck in my foot somewhere.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
An actual splinter? I was raising a wooden garage door at my father's construction shop and my hand slipped. I felt a pain in my finger and I knew I had caught a splinter. I was like what the cuss... OW! I went over to a chair and sat down and began to pick at this splinter that was in in the side of my right index finger between the two most extreme joints. I was picking and picking and couldn't get it out, so I grabbed my finger with my left hand to steady it and realized that I felt something on the exact opposite side of the finger. Turns out the splinter, almost an inch long and wedge shaped, had gone completely through my finger and "tented" the skin on the other side. I grabbed my jacket and walked over to my family doctor who was only about a half block away. He wasn't busy and took me into the back and cut it out for me. It really wasn't all that painful, but it was a little bit of a shock to realize I had put a splinter completely through my finger.

driftingdragon

Oh shit! Maybe your skin formed a protective barrier around it?

My family and I have a wooden deck at our house that we have picnics and hang out on from time to time. The wood was pretty worn because we haven't replaced any of the boards in AGES, so they were getting all splintery and ragged. While we had company over, I was running up the stairs and I tripped like the clutz I am, fell on my chin on another step, and got a huge chunk of wood lodged in my chin. It was about as large in diameter as a thumbtack, but it was in my skin deep lol. Surprisingly enough, it didn't leave a scar of any kind!

Wow that's awesome! Faces tend to not scar as often *hands too* cause the skin on those areas shed like REALLY fast. Glad there was no residual stuff but goddamn that must have felt weird, given that like chinbone is right behind there.

It's like a choad splinter.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Working as CNC operator (so, metal splinters are pretty much ordinary part of my job). Dealt with chip cleaning. Got an alluminium splinter right into the corner of my eye. It was a lot of "fun" removing that one, though thankfully infirmary was open.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Oh shit! Maybe your skin formed a protective barrier around it?
I don't think so, since the deep pain when the area was touched is gone, and my nail is back to normal.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Not long ago, I was moving old and dirty palets in the warehouse. One of them was in horrible condition and one pretty large splinter punctured completely under my skin. It was annoying, it was painful and I knew what was coming for me if I will not pull it out and indeed I failed to do so.
I washed the spot with everything I could. Applied alcohol to desinfect the wound and went to bed.

Next day my hand was swollen and oozing grey-blue substance. At the first glance I almost jumped but I have realized that was this fucking splinter. So I used razorblade, cut it open, squeezed the infectious shit out and cleaned it. Applied even more alcohol. Some bandages and I was like new.