• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Worst traveling experience?

charlesgray

I just got back from being on vacation and the last 24 hours were horrible because I got the flu which made the 4 hour plane ride hell.

So I was wondering about other people’s bad traveling experiences?

B

backpawscratcher

Flight back from Luxor in Egypt. The hotel missed our 6am wake-up call, so we had to rush to the airport without showering, only to find that some government minister had taken our London-bound EgyptAir plane and diverted it up to Cairo to fly some family members to Moscow. We then had a 13 hour wait at the airport, which was being refurbished, while EgyptAir staff outright lied repeatedly to everyone telling us all that the flight would be "in two hours". Thanks to the building works there were no shops, no restaurants, no cashpoints with money in them in order to buy anything from the small food kiosk, not even water. Plus someone had stolen all the toilet paper out of the toilets and was happily selling it sheet by sheet back to travellers in full view of security, and due to the refurbishment the aircon was on the blink.

A plane finally arrived and we boarded, only to find that it was a smoking flight and we were one row in front of the smoking section. Which meant that the entire flight to London we had people from further up the plane coming back and standing right next to our seats to light up. Like travelling long-distance in a car with smokers and the windows up. The food served was dried, overcooked and shrivelled due to the wait, the staff couldn't have given less of a toss about anyone, and the temperature inside the plane was uncomfortably hot. Arrived back in London 14 hours late, stinking to high heaven of tobacco fumes and sweat, and still had to make it back home from Heathrow.

Never fly EgyptAir. Ever.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Plus someone had stolen all the toilet paper out of the toilets and was happily selling it sheet by sheet back to travellers...

How much per sheet? Sounds lucrative, and I could stand to make some fast cash...:p

B

backpawscratcher

How much per sheet? Sounds lucrative, and I could stand to make some fast cash...:p
Not so lucrative by the time you pay off the security guards and airport managers. No way were they not in on the whole thing....

B

backpawscratcher

I honestly did not know smoking flights were even a thing and I flew a lot when I was younger.
Thankfully I think they're pretty much banned these days. Maybe a couple of the Chinese airlines might still offer it. Used to be pretty common though.

charlesgray

Thankfully I think they're pretty much banned these days. Maybe a couple of the Chinese airlines might still offer it. Used to be pretty common though.
I could see that I was in China back in 2007 and was taking a flight from Beijing to Guilin which is very rural and that might have been smoking permitted but I was asleep for 98% of that flight

AnarchyLynx

A Lynx to the past
Transatlantic flight sat between a screaming baby and a small, yappy dog was not fun...also getting back to Cuzco after hiking the Inca trail, the tour company decided to hang around in the carpark for 4 hours looking for people to sell empty seats on the bus to so we nearly missed our flight back to the city we were staying in.

charlesgray

Transatlantic flight sat between a screaming baby and a small, yappy dog was not fun...also getting back to Cuzco after hiking the Inca trail, the tour company decided to hang around in the carpark for 4 hours looking for people to sell empty seats on the bus to so we nearly missed our flight back to the city we were staying in.
Similar thing happen to me in China where we were supposed to just be going to the Great Wall but they took use to a few other places just to sell us things and I have yet to be next to the screaming child this last flight I was 3 rows in front of them

AnarchyLynx

A Lynx to the past
Similar thing happen to me in China where we were supposed to just be going to the Great Wall but they took use to a few other places just to sell us things and I have yet to be next to the screaming child this last flight I was 3 rows in front of them
Yeah...I remember being taken to a place that sold pearls and another that did some kind of enamelled metalwork or something...