• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would Appreciate Help

Topaz-Timber-Wolf

I just found out about fursonas early this morning. I would really appreciate some help understanding and creating one. Ideas, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

The Unwanted One

I try my best... sometimes
Well, I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure a fursona is an anthropomorphic character which you somehow identify with. It an be anything you want it to be, although some designs may attract more teasing from people than others. If you want to come up with ideas, I would say to think of animals you really like, or maybe animals you feel a close connection or bond with. I would like to point out that some species are not always available to use freely, but those are made up species and not real-life animals. Once you’ve chosen a species you like, think of some markings, features, or even clothing to make them unique. Of course, that doesn’t mean you couldn’t go with a plain Labrador as your fursona, but if you want, you can make it into anything. I hope I helped, and good luck on creating your fursona. Like I said, I’m not an expert but I am happy to help in any way I can.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
First signed-on in October and just found out about 'sonas? Hm, OK.

Especially regarding suits and such, I am no expert, but will help you get the ball rolling. One definition: a 'sona is a character that you create that you can relate to; often possessing many of your own personality traits. Not a necessarily personality clone, maybe a more ideal self.

What are your goals? Suit? Stories? To draw or have artwork made up for you?

Topaz-Timber-Wolf

Well, I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure a fursona is an anthropomorphic character which you somehow identify with. It an be anything you want it to be, although some designs may attract more teasing from people than others. If you want to come up with ideas, I would say to think of animals you really like, or maybe animals you feel a close connection or bond with. I would like to point out that some species are not always available to use freely, but those are made up species and not real-life animals. Once you’ve chosen a species you like, think of some markings, features, or even clothing to make them unique. Of course, that doesn’t mean you couldn’t go with a plain Labrador as your fursona, but if you want, you can make it into anything. I hope I helped, and good luck on creating your fursona. Like I said, I’m not an expert but I am happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you. You just gave me a great idea.

Topaz-Timber-Wolf

First signed-on in October and just found out about 'sonas? Hm, OK.

Especially regarding suits and such, I am no expert, but will help you get the ball rolling. One definition: a 'sona is a character that you create that you can relate to; often possessing many of your own personality traits. Not a necessarily personality clone, maybe a more ideal self.

What are your goals? Suit? Stories? To draw or have artwork made up for you?
Firstly, I actually haven't been on very much at all, hence just finding out. Secondly, I am trying to become more involved in the fur lifestyle. Cons, meet ups, online rp, etc. If I can commission someone to do artworks for me, that would be awesome.

Topaz-Timber-Wolf

I think it's a good place to start. Remember that a fursona doesn't have to be connected to you in any way. It can simply be an anthro character you really like.
I'll probably base my first one off of me and my love of all animals canine. Btw, your profile pic is really pretty.

The Unwanted One

I try my best... sometimes
I'll probably base my first one off of me and my love of all animals canine. Btw, your profile pic is really pretty.
Well, now I’m really curious as to what the final product will look like. Also, technically I know the basic rules of how to make a good fursona, and have been in the fandom for a while, but I still don’t have a fursona. So yeah, don’t feel rushed to do anything, and if you ever decided not to have a fursona, or have multiple, that is also completely fine.

Topaz-Timber-Wolf

Well, now I’m really curious as to what the final product will look like. Also, technically I know the basic rules of how to make a good fursona, and have been in the fandom for a while, but I still don’t have a fursona. So yeah, don’t feel rushed to do anything, and if you ever decided not to have a fursona, or have multiple, that is also completely fine.
My problem is always finding artwork for my rp's and characters. I can't art to save my life.

Topaz-Timber-Wolf

Thank you ;)

I'd also recommend having some kind of story or setting in mind. Do you imagine your fursona in a futuristic setting, or in modern day, for example. Is your fursona living an everyday life, or is he the hero of a fantastic story. And so on :)
So if I make him a wolf, do I list his species as wolf?