• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would being a furry stop me from getting a job?

DW_

memes, you say?
One of my friends works at Walmart and asked his boss if his name tag could be his fursonas name...he didn't allow it :(

Why? It's silly to ask that question, especially in a professional environment. Wal-Mart, no matter how low rent, is still a professional environment, so it should be treated as such by all employees. This means using your real name on the name tag you're given.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
As long as you're not applying to a job at a kennel or the likes it shouldn't matter. I'd still not put it up there.
OR I'd make a second account for the suggestive/adult stuff. That way you could link the facebook to the clean profile.

ZerX

not a furry
One of my friends works at Walmart and asked his boss if his name tag could be his fursonas name...he didn't allow it :(
lol, stupid furfag. where does he think that he works, at yiff-mart or something? even asking that question is retarded.

Schwimmwagen

One of my friends works at Walmart and asked his boss if his name tag could be his fursonas name...he didn't allow it
icon_sad.gif

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, so I'm doing both right now.

Jijix

Terminally Uncool Lioness
Yes. Yes it absolutely will preclude you from getting a job. Keep the yiffy murry cartoon foxy shit to where it belongs, which is on social networking sites for yiffy murry foxy shit. Keep Facebook and stuff for you and your family and a few professional contacts. Furry is only one side of your life!

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
you should just quit facebook and twitter, they are both useless. problem solved

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
you should just quit facebook and twitter, they are both useless. problem solved
Myspace is Geocities for bands.
Twitter is a filterless repository for random thoughts.
Facebook is where old ladies play games all day.

So, yes. Social networking sites are very useless.

A better alternative? Go to a party, make new friends, become popular.

Azure

Myspace is Geocities for bands.
Twitter is a filterless repository for random thoughts.
Facebook is where old ladies play games all day.

So, yes. Social networking sites are very useless.

A better alternative? Go to a party, make new friends, become popular.
Its sort of like, I can do everything those sites offer on other sites for just as free. So they are pretty much redundant, except for the fact that people are lazy and can't be fucked to have a chat client a telephone and an email address at the same time, or just can't be hassled or don't have the time to tend them. Which isn't true. People who don't have 10 minutes to do something are people who spend it jacking off or watching television.

Sometimes I wonder if it'd cause a problem in seeking another job due to me not being on facebook or twitter at all.
You are safer this way, then they have only your word to go on instead of what the cesspits of the internet imply.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

ZerX

not a furry
he can still be a terrorist
"According to this article printed in tagesspiegel.de, not having a Facebook account could be the first sign that you are a mass murderer.(German) As examples they use Norwegian shooter Anders Breivik, who used MySpace instead of Facebook and the newer Aurora shooter who used adultfriendfinder instead of Facebook. They already consider those with Facebook accounts, who lack friends to be suspicious, but now they are suggesting that anyone who abstains from Facebook altogether may be even more suspicious."
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/07/29/1627203/facebook-abstainers-could-be-labeled-suspicious
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/weltspie...cebook-profil-kein-job-angebot/6911648-2.html

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

still he can be a terrorist
"According to this article printed in tagesspiegel.de, not having a Facebook account could be the first sign that you are a mass murderer.(German) As examples they use Norwegian shooter Anders Breivik, who used MySpace instead of Facebook and the newer Aurora shooter who used adultfriendfinder instead of Facebook. They already consider those with Facebook accounts, who lack friends to be suspicious, but now they are suggesting that anyone who abstains from Facebook altogether may be even more suspicious."
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/07/29/1627203/facebook-abstainers-could-be-labeled-suspicious
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/weltspie...cebook-profil-kein-job-angebot/6911648-2.html

Well shit, I'd better get myself a facebook account before they guess my hidden identity.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
he can still be a terrorist
Who the fuck is so paranoid that not having a Facebook makes you look suspicious?

Dreaming

Well, look at it this way

If you couldn't find the Kool-Aid, would you ask Yiffy McFolfnuts for assistance?

ZerX

not a furry
Who the fuck is so paranoid that not having a Facebook makes you look suspicious?
probably governments and some companies.

the company where I had a temp job googled my name. I found that while looking at the google search history on one of the company's computers. They didn't even bother to delete the search history

Last edited:

Azure

it only makes sense for the dailymail to be suspicious of people without facebooks, they like their readership dull and easily controllable. there is literally no possible way to link mass murderers to a lack of having a facebook beyond some very specious, empty strawman false association arguments. which come naturally to their editorial staff. facebook is just another backdoor tool made to control people and group them up nicely for marketing research/reeducation camps :v

ZerX

not a furry
posting stupid stuff on Twitter is also not a good idea

Caution on Twitter urged as tourists barred from US

Before his trip, Leigh Van Bryan wrote that he was going to "destroy America".
He insisted he was referring to simply having a good time - but was sent home.
Trade association Abta told the BBC that the case highlighted that holidaymakers should never do anything to raise "concern or suspicion in any way".
The US Department for Homeland Security picked up Mr Bryan's messages ahead of his holiday in Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old bar manager wrote a message to a friend on the micro-blogging service, saying: "Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America."
The Irish national told the Sun newspaper that he and his friend Emily Bunting were apprehended on arrival at Los Angeles International Airport before being sent home.
"The Homeland Security agents were treating me like some kind of terrorist," Mr Bryan said.
"I kept saying they had got the wrong meaning from my tweet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810312