• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would like some tips, suggestions, anything- I'm starting over.

Lumineer

Im an immature fuck :D
Okay. I promise after this thread, I'll shut up lol. I have decided to start a clean slate with my fursonas. If you say my thread before, I was struggling to make something out of the fursonas I had. It was just a mess and was honestly kind of stressing me out! I slept on it and decided to start over. I've watched most of the videos on YouTube and they just don't seem that helpful for me. I don't have any friends that are furries and when I did ask them for help, they didn't know what to say. So, I'm asking you guys for help (again). I would really appreciate some tips and suggestions on making my new fursona. What species do you recommend? What colors do you think look best together? What are accessories you like? (I really like accessories). I'm open to just about anything and you can do what you want.

Here are some photos I found on Google that I found I liked. These are not mine and they belong to the artist who made them.
images.jpeg
images (1).png

eddyisnthere

where am I?
I think that's all honestly up to you. They're your characters after all!
Just go with what you enjoy out of those! Your favorite animal, mix of animals, or even mythical creature. And 100% use reference when drawing.
If you can't think of a color scheme there are a few random generators you can use until you see something you like. I usually use https://coolors.co/

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
I guess you can ask yourself: what draws you to furry things to begin with? That's one starting place. For instance, before I even discovered the furry fandom, I developed a liking for foxes, and long had an interest in transformation and shapeshifting. A kitsune, a shapeshifting fox, was a good fit for me. But it still took some tweaking to make it feel "me."
And don't feel like you have to follow a particular model. Adjust an idea from some starting point. Do the pictures you give here have a particular appeal to you? It looks like you have some interest in a mammalian kind of dragon.

Lumineer

I guess you can ask yourself: what draws you to furry things to begin with? That's one starting place. For instance, before I even discovered the furry fandom, I developed a liking for foxes, and long had an interest in transformation and shapeshifting. A kitsune, a shapeshifting fox, was a good fit for me. But it still took some tweaking to make it feel "me."
And don't feel like you have to follow a particular model. Adjust an idea from some starting point. Do the pictures you give here have a particular appeal to you? It looks like you have some interest in a mammalian kind of dragon.
I love the body of the first picture, the fluffy tail, the body shape, the big ears. I also love the lantern on the tail. What I love about the second picture is the mouth and the shape of the head.

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
I love the body of the first picture, the fluffy tail, the body shape, the big ears. I also love the lantern on the tail. What I love about the second picture is the mouth and the shape of the head.
Sounds to me like a combination of those two is a good starting point.

Lumineer

Okay so I kinda made my own little creature. So, basically it's like a moth-dragon thing. Don't really know what to call it. But, he is extremely near-sighted and could be considered blind. He keeps a lantern on his tail for when it gets dark because he prefers the light so he has a better chance of seeing any sort of danger. Certain markings on his coat also give off a glow to help as well. (I loved the lantern-thing. I just had to include it. Is it copying and do I need to get rid of it?)
He also has enhanced hearing to adapt for his loss of vision. He also has these sensor things that vibrate and use echolocation to make out shapes and stuff so he can sorta see on his head. He is very fluffy and long lol. It sounds like a lot, but it's really not. The moth was inspired by the lantern on the tail of the pumpkin head creature. I initially wanted to make a bee-hybrid thing like my profile picture, but I didn't want to copy and it didn't seem to fit well. I begin thinking of other insects and then it clicked. Moths and lanterns! I also just really love fluffy moths. Instead of big ears though, I gave him antennae quite like the bee-dragon thing, although I made a little change to it since it kind of reminds me of an axolotl. He has the mouth of the other creature but not the same head shape. He doesn't open his mouth much though as he does not speak much. He doesn't eat much either, because I learned that moths don't really eat. They eat when they're larvae though. He does have wings but are rarely used to fly and are mostly used to show off or feel things around him. Other than that, there really isn't much do him. I know this wasn't very informal but I just kinda made in within the recent hours and was just so excited with how it turned out that I didn't quite plan out how I was going to write him lol

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
Is it still a fursona if it doesn't quite stand up on it's hind legs?
Lots of people have feral fursonas, me included.
Okay so I kinda made my own little creature. So, basically it's like a moth-dragon thing. Don't really know what to call it. But, he is extremely near-sighted and could be considered blind. He keeps a lantern on his tail for when it gets dark because he prefers the light so he has a better chance of seeing any sort of danger. Certain markings on his coat also give off a glow to help as well. (I loved the lantern-thing. I just had to include it. Is it copying and do I need to get rid of it?)
I did a quick search for "lantern tail" on FA and I've seen designs from a few different artists with lanterns on their tails. So, I would say it isn't any one person's idea, so it wouldn't be stealing.