• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would you believe someone.....

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
If they said they didn't want anything for Christmas?

I have heard quite a large number of people say they don't want anything for Christmas (Myself included) and just wondered a couple of things;

1: Have you ever told people "I don't want anything for Christmas"? If so, did you mean it?

2: Do believe people when they say "I don't want anything for Christmas?"

If you don't want anything for Christmas, why don't you want anything?

J

Jelly

1. Yes.
2. Sometimes. Not often, though.

I'd rather people spend money on themselves and I got everything I need. :D

selkie

'ã……'
Yes. Sometimes there's not something you want or need, and you don't want people stressing out over what to give you.

Xipoid

Cameras
I sure can believe it. Everyone wants or needs something, but those things do not always fall within the context of Christmas.

Yrr

I [REDACTED]
I asked for nothing but money.

I need a new PC.

MrBlack

Is an alligator
I would believe that.
Some people just prefer not to be a burden on anyone else, so they would desire no gifts.

ADF

When you're old enough to have a renewable income Christmas loses some of its shine. If you want something you save up for it and buy it, Christmas presents meant so much when you were younger because you had no other means of buying them.

Christmas to me is family meeting together for a day to have a laugh and enjoy good food.

VoidBat

Most people want something for Christmas. It does not have to be high value stuff however.

A new sketch book. Candy. Socks. Etc etc etc.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I don't want anything for christmas. Except money. If I want anything, I'm able to move my ass and buy it myself just fine.

So yeah, I do believe when people say that.
Don't hear that often though. Mostly because I don't ask.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
When you're old enough to have a renewable income Christmas loses some of its shine. If you want something you save up for it and buy it, Christmas presents meant so much when you were younger because you had no other means of buying them.

Christmas to me is family meeting together for a day to have a laugh and enjoy good food.

That is all Christmas is to me too nowadays.

Most people want something for Christmas. It does not have to be high value stuff however.

A new sketch book. Candy. Socks. Etc etc etc.

I'd be happy with a box of chocolates or something, or some socks.

Sernion

I see the goal before me
1. Yes. I don't want anything for this Christmas. Well, at least material things.
2. Yes. I would believe them. I don't understand why anyone would lie about it.

T

Tycho

Getting nothing for Christmas is awesome.

Things I won't get for Christmas:

I won't get a stress headache from having to deal with annoying relatives.
I won't get to eat said relatives' horrible food and possibly get sick.
I won't get to deal with insane gift shopping.
I won't get insulting or absurd gifts that cannot be returned.
I won't get to wrestle with a stupid fire hazard needles-dropping-all-over-the-carpet tree and constantly-getting-tangled random-bulbs-burning-out light strings.
I won't get to hassle with wrapping paper and tape for a few hours of my damn day wrapping up gifts.
I won't get to watch retarded Christmas TV programming or movies, or listen to annoying Christmas music ad nauseam.

Sometimes the things you don't get matter as much as or more than the things you do.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
I have only asked for one thing for Christmas and that's peace on Earth.

But other than that, no I don't really want anything for Christmas either. :3

It used to be that I would think that I didn't want anything. But what it really was that I haven't seen what I want. It wasn't till we'd hit the stores that I would finally see something and go, "oh I want that."

Now a days I say that I don't want anything because the things I do want I know no one can afford to get me. I don't feel right admitting that I want something for myself when people are struggling as it is.

If I want it, and can get it then I'll just have to get it for myself later on.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I have only asked for one thing for Christmas and that's peace on Earth.

But other than that, no I don't really want anything for Christmas either. :3

But if you get that, evening news will get awfully boring. I like to listen about death and conflicts before bed.
Well, in the morning news too, I like watching it to breakfast.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
Hate to break it to you, but there never has been peace on earth and never there never will be.

B-b-but... That means Santa lied to me... ;_;

But if you get that, evening news will get awfully boring. I like to listen about death and conflicts before bed.
Well, in the morning news too, I like watching it to breakfast.

True that.

Okay then, let the bloodshed raineth then!

T

Tycho

Hate to break it to you, but there never has been peace on earth and never there never will be.

Peace on a large scale = everything is dead.

The world is by nature a tumultuous place, filled with struggle, pain, iniquity and death. Humanity is part of this world and is not an exception to this. For something to live, usually other things must die. To fight for one's life, whether through consuming plants and other animals to sate hunger, or aggressively expanding territory to ensure better hunting, shelter, and breeding ability, or through shooting Habib in the head to prevent him from plastering you and your unit all over the wall of a mud hut with a rocket-propelled grenade.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
I really don't care if I get anything or not :\

L

LizardKing

I thought the second part was going to be "...actually wanted to sleep with me"

Or something like that

Irreverent

Yes, I would. The painful trick is to distinguish between those that mean it, and those that really dont.

outward

Cult of Outward Thinking
It seems to me that it's not so much that they don't "want" anything for Christmas, as much as they don't want anything that's affordable of obtainable.

That, or they're passively agressively insisting you get something for them anyway.