• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would you consider these good anthro designs?

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
The second one looks off balanced. It would look better to have it hunched foreword.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Not at all, they look too chubby and cutsie, they should look similar to these.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10029369/

This is based off of the Collectors from Mass Effect but they are good looking designs.

VGmaster9

This is based off of the Collectors from Mass Effect but they are good looking designs.

That looks pretty cool, but it would be more fitting for a science fiction or fantasy setting. They would look great for an alien race in a furry setting though, if there aren't any insects in the main world.

Last edited:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I'm not a big fan of insects to begin with, so insect anthros are meh at best for me.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
The point is that in any Anrtho world whatever the design of the creator is, is correct. Remember there are always differences in how each of us will picture such a world. Some will be the cute and kind world of ET and others the scary universe of alien or preditor. Light side or dark side... they are both awesome forms of art!

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore

Now this is awesome! I like to think that if anthros DID exist, the insects would be something like that.

I'm a huge fan of insect anthros and I tend to prefer them looking more 'fierce' like that one. I think it's just the right blend of insect and human.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
I always imagined insect characters to have 4 legs and 2 arms, like a praying mantis. But in all its up to the creator's preference, so it would be truly his work.

Karuvatto

The point is that in any Anrtho world whatever the design of the creator is, is correct. Remember there are always differences in how each of us will picture such a world. Some will be the cute and kind world of ET and others the scary universe of alien or preditor. Light side or dark side... they are both awesome forms of art!

I'd agree with this post.
If the second one is cute, well... you can look around to see just how many cute fursonas exist. Why couldn't a cute bug fursona exist too?

The way I figure it, as long as it maintains its species design but incoorporates humanoid posture/physique, it's furry to me.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I'd agree with this post.
If the second one is cute, well... you can look around to see just how many cute fursonas exist. Why couldn't a cute bug fursona exist too?

The way I figure it, as long as it maintains its species design but incoorporates humanoid posture/physique, it's furry to me.

Well, some insects are very cute, like moths, but others are less so, like wasps or flies, so it definitely makes sense that anthro bugs could be either or both ^.^

Rhee

I suppose there can be cutesy, fierce and strange bugs like there are those with foxes wolves, cats and all the other furry things.

Defiantly like the bugs to have loads of animations for all those extra arms, mandibles, wings

S

Sar

Speaking from my experience, they are both acceptable concepts of Anthros. They have a human personalities and characteristics. They express themselves facially in the same matter as humans, they speak in a human tongue and they walk on two legs. It's the basic checkbox all ticked.

Ahzek M'kar

Anal Centipede
What does annoy me about these designs is the presence of an abdomen. In most insects they hold the stomach and other such organs, so those would be located in the midriff of anthro insects. There's no need for them to be there, and just they're clumsy and detract from the design imo.

Raelight

I feel that poor buggies have a hard time hanging out with their other animal bros because of just how different they are. Just the fact that they have multiple arms is enough to make a casual looking insect person look insane. There's also the whole 'damn near robot' features and behaviors of insects that makes them difficult to empathize with.

Personally, as cute and functional as these anthros are, I could never see myself incorporating them into anything I've ever come up with. I've never had a character that just had to be a bug, either, as I can't think of a lot of traits of insects that ascribe well to people other than antennae. That's me and my creative flow though.

Maybe it's relative though? I mean no one bats an eyelash at wolfmen and catfolk because we're so used to it happening now that it's easy to swallow. Perhaps the only way to make it happen for insects is to just put them with their friends until we get used to it.

chesse20

What does annoy me about these designs is the presence of an abdomen. In most insects they hold the stomach and other such organs, so those would be located in the midriff of anthro insects. There's no need for them to be there, and just they're clumsy and detract from the design imo.
you sound like a person who would play arms for the realism

who cares about having multiple abdomens except u