• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would you date an android?

Would you date an android?

• Total voters

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Suppose in the future, they could make Androids that were so human, you couldn't really tell them apart. Would you date one? You could even decide certain elements of their personality, appearance, interests, sexual inclinations...and whatever other details.

For me, though, I think it would seem odd. But maybe...

Nemnth

Nemnth Ferheart Dragon
Depends. If they can form actual personalities and act exactly like human beings, then there's a better chance. If not, even though I am a programmer, I would rather not date a pre-programmed robot. There would be no surprises or anything really, as all the events are programmed. It wouldn't have the ability to be truly happy or surprised, it would just act that way, just be programmed for your intentions. That would not be a fun relationship at all. Relationships should have their ups and downs because that tests the strength and the bond between two people.

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
Suppose in the future, they could make Androids that were so human, you couldn't really tell them apart. Would you date one? You could even decide certain elements of their personality, appearance, interests, sexual inclinations...and whatever other details.

For me, though, I think it would seem odd. But maybe...
Screw dating androids, I want to be a BLADE RUNNER!

THE_MAJ0R

There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience. I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries.

But for you? I'm willing to try.

Attachments

• 1606862_233067717043689_8127340766878197058_n.jpg
    1606862_233067717043689_8127340766878197058_n.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 67

ShamonCornell

Let's make a few assumptions:
- First, we are, in fact, assuming full sentience, at least roughly on par with the average human. Thoughts, emotion, and the ability to make their own decisions.
- Second, we can assume that the machine has human-analog "bits", though the function of them may or may not vary.
- Lastly, let's assume Uncanny Valley has been successfully jumped over on a moped. This is important, since most Japanese gynoids are currently lodged in Uncanny Valley's deepest caves.

...at that point, why the Hell NOT?

Gator

Uncledaddy
if one already existed and was a person with thoughts, a personality, autonomy, and all that good shit, then absolutely
if you're asking whether i would design one/have one built specifically to be my partner, then no. that would be bad.

rhansen23

Sailorhusky
Emotionally? Perhaps if it was a real sentient being. Sexually? Only if the first was satisfied and the equipment necessary were present, but sure.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
"Would i date an android?", isn't even the important question. "Would i tell me parents?", is the bigger question!