• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would you donate to a sperm bank?

Would you donate to a sperm bank?

• Total voters

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I was thinking of fun ways to make money, and this crossed my mind. The catch is you have to look like a Hollywood star, have a genius IQ, perfect health, and all those kinda things to get any money out of it. But it seemed like a fun, painless way to make money, doing something I like.

So, would you donate, if you could, to make some extra cash?

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
Well I'd try my hardest but I have a feeling that my sperm count wouldn't fit the criteria. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't do the female equivalent (donating eggs) because I don't want pieces of my DNA walking around that I don't know about.

xokux

The Awakened
Well I'd try my hardest but I have a feeling that my sperm count wouldn't fit the criteria. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't do the female equivalent (donating eggs) because I don't want pieces of my DNA walking around that I don't know about.
i guess i could agree w/ the DNA part; Idk tho, i'd donate sperm maybe

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl
Well, if I did fit within the criteria, which I am certain I don't, sure I'll do it. I really don't have much in the way of sentiment value, so I don't really think I would care if there's some people out there walking around with half of my chromosomes.

Notkastar

Notka- What?
I was thinking of fun ways to make money, and this crossed my mind. The catch is you have to look like a Hollywood star, have a genius IQ, perfect health, and all those kinda things to get any money out of it. But it seemed like a fun, painless way to make money, doing something I like.

So, would you donate, if you could, to make some extra cash?

Same,
Just looked up and some people get paid $50 per specimen.
Can you believe that! o_o

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
I'd have to be in certain situations before I would consider it. I'm way too sentimental and family is a big deal to me. Those would be my potential sons and daughters I'm giving away for some gas money. Even if I someday use an egg bank to have a kid with my possible husband, I'd be the kind of person who would want to meet the woman who donated the eggs, talk to her, and ask if she wants the child in her life as well.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
First ask yourself this; do you want to risk the chance that being a furry/babyfur is a genetic predisposition and have a bunch more babyfurs/furries running around?

Ricky

First ask yourself this; do you want to risk the chance that being a furry/babyfur is a genetic predisposition and have a bunch more babyfurs/furries running around?

Lol. My last name means "wolf" in Polish, so maybe you have something there o_O

Jokes aside, it is an archetype seen throughout history in many cultures.

I personally don't care how someone wants to use my genetic material and I'm an organ donor as well.

I guess if it's something you normally do anyway, you might as well get paid for doing it :rolleyes:

I probably would have by now, except the $50 never seemed worthy of the time.

Well, if I did fit within the criteria, which I am certain I don't, sure I'll do it.

I think she was joking about being female and donating sperm ;3

I don't think there is very tough "criteria" but reading about it, they test motility, etc. in order to be a repeat doner.

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl

Jokes aside, it is an archetype seen throughout history in many cultures.

I personally don't care how someone wants to use my genetic material and I'm an organ donor as well.

I guess if it's something you normally do anyway, you might as well get paid for doing it :rolleyes:

I probably would have by now, except the $50 never seemed worthy of the time.

I think she was joking about being female and donating sperm ;3

I don't think there is very tough "criteria" but reading about it, they test motility, etc. in order to be a repeat doner.

But aren't the requirements more strict to be paid for it?

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
I wouldn't because I have type 1 diabetes which is a genetic thing and I don't want to make someone else that has the chance to get it

Ricky

But aren't the requirements more strict to be paid for it?

Like what? Unlike blood, I think you *usually* get paid for it.

They will usually test for motility and drugs, and possibly for genetic disorders, after they have the first sample.

I would imagine you get paid the first time too, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Same,
Just looked up and some people get paid $50 per specimen.
Can you believe that! o_o

$50 bucks! Damn that's a lot, definitely more worthwhile than working at mcdonalds. Can I do it? Well apparently donating sperm/eggs is illegal where i live. how surprising

marisgard

Icy Dragon
I would donate. I'm certainly not the best looking guy out there, and I sure am an interesting specimen :p

Ricky

$50 bucks! Damn that's a lot, definitely more worthwhile than working at mcdonalds. Can I do it? Well apparently donating sperm/eggs is illegal where i live. how surprising

Wait, what? Really?

That's a pretty weird thing to make illegal.

I waste like several million of the guys every single day :V

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Wait, what? Really?

That's a pretty weird thing to make illegal.

I waste like several million of the guys every single day :V

Don't ask me. I heard ladies drive abroad to get them pregnant. Also it's very expensive because insurance do not cover any costs.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo

My mom's side of the family's last name also means wolf in polish...