• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would you get a tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masakuni

No thanks. It would probably be more trouble than it's worth. For instance, how would you look out in public with an attachment like that?

I'll stick to fake tails, if anything. Not out in public, of course. =P

Miles_Rose

Is NOT the tin dog
I own a fake tail and wear it a lot.

I'd only get the surgery if i could move it easily like a real tail. otherwise no.

Same Here :3 One of the reasons I've always wanted a tail is so I can move it arund like my kitty does.

ZarJaMar108

Tiger Shaman
Hmm...I'd actually have to say no to this. As cool as it would be to have the tail, it would just be a waste of money in my opinion. That and the social handicaps would kind of screw with me...

R

Rakiao

no way , people already think i'm nuts. besides... tails are pointless... you might step on it....

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Hells to the yeahs.

Then it'd probably get old and I'd hate myself.

Til then, hells to the yeahs.

T_F0x

Foxy Fox (generic, eh?)
Hells to the yeahs.

Then it'd probably get old and I'd hate myself.

Til then, hells to the yeahs.

Hell yeah! Fuck the future live for the now xD

Aestuo

Really, I would rather have a removable animatronic fox tail than a real one. That way, it would behave like a real tail, and if I went out or to work or some other non-furry place, I could just take it off. It would be almost like an article of clothing in a way. That's my opinion on the whole tail business.

Moka

Like T_F0x said, I'd prefer the full package.

But if they didn't, I'd say yes and take what I can get.

As for the cons...
- I've always felt like an outcast, so there's no difference there.
- Work probably wouldn't care, since it wouldn't impair my ability to think or use a computer. Besides, it's not good to let work take over your life anyway.
- I don't have a lover, but if I did, I'd hope they accept me as is.
- As for harassment, it's not like I haven't had to deal with that before. Plus, there'd probably be others who underwent the same procedure, so there'd be emotional support.

Felicia Mertallis

Aslan made me a furfag
As long as I got some cat ears to go with it.
But just a tail would look kind of weird.

and i really don't give a fuck how others see me, its not like i've ever been normal anyway.

nedded

is a goat.
I'd rather go for cybernetics, it's less messy and would certainly deal with the issue of being a social outcast.
The only downside I'd see are all the news agencies that would try to do a "human interest" story on me, and trying to get through airport security.

But if I did go for a "real" tail, I'd get a goat tail 'cause it's practical. Short, fluffy, and perky's the way to go! It hides nice under coats and stuff too.

Chroma102

I did no such thing.
So wait, let me get this straight. You want to know if I would want an animal's tail grafted/grown onto end of my spine so that I would be a human with a big fluffy, sleek scaly, or some other type of appendage right near the base of my erector spinae?

Honestly, I wouldn't do it even if it was free, socially acceptable, and without medical side effects. I think it would look kind of silly and totally out of place on the human body. Unless you're going to start dramatically changing your physical appearance, something like that would be a bit awkward. Unless you're going for function as possibly looking into a prehensile tail, I really see no reason not even the cosmetic part.

You could always use it as a sort of a third arm if it was long enough.

Eh, I dunno, I'd have to have a big sit-and-think and ask people for advice.
But I'd probably end up getting one for my own reasons. c:

shieldswulf

Nice question x3. to answer it. yep. i would get ears and a tail. wolf to be precise.

my reason? a tail helps with balance which equals more agility and alot better balance. the ears...well...ears are ears but they will help ya hear better and from a longer distance...not to mention i think they would look sweet xD

Szorn

@#$%ing Scrawny!
Hrmm... As of right now... Probably.
I'd likely get a tail, but only if I could get at least ears with it, and only if they came the way I wanted them.
The earses would hafta be all expressive and movable and cute and I'd hafta be able to perk them like people do their eyebrows.
And the tail would hafta be really long and foofly, like a fox's. *nodnods* Oh, and also expressive and movable. Not necessarily prehensile in use, but like a cat's or whatever.

'T'would be stupid and I'd hate myself if I lived to 80, but I don't think that I'll make it that far, so I'd do it and all'd be good. ^^

Besides, my mate's already a furry, so why the hell not?! =D

Shade Koba

Bunny Music Major
Hrmm... As of right now... Probably.
I'd likely get a tail, but only if I could get at least ears with it, and only if they came the way I wanted them.
The earses would hafta be all expressive and movable and cute and I'd hafta be able to perk them like people do their eyebrows.
And the tail would hafta be really long and foofly, like a fox's. *nodnods* Oh, and also expressive and movable. Not necessarily prehensile in use, but like a cat's or whatever.

'T'would be stupid and I'd hate myself if I lived to 80, but I don't think that I'll make it that far, so I'd do it and all'd be good. ^^

Besides, my mate's already a furry, so why the hell not?! =D
Damn right I am, smexy! <3

Imma bunny so I wouldnt care for the tail cuz it'd be too small to notice =P I would, however, like the long floppeh ears =3

Dahguns

The nonsensical drama furry.
no tail for me....i can imagine the change in balance would throw off my running style (that and getting it caught in a weight machine or somethin' ouch)

DracoDark

Teh Cuddleh Dragon :D
You could always use it as a sort of a third arm if it was long enough.

mine would be long enough

itd probly be as long as i was tall XD

id also want to get wings now that i think about it

why drive when you can fly alot faster for free?

virus

TROLLUS MAXIMUS
I've always pondered of a tail. If its prehensile probably yes.

Getting a tail would probably be one of the easiest and most plausible things scientifically speaking, you just have to turn on the motors that in the spine of the nervous system and connect them to the tail and your good to go. Would be kind of cool to have a "3rd hand"

only other scientifically plausible thing I can thing of is stretching the foot to make it digit grade

Status
Not open for further replies.