• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Would you take a job as a sports mascot?

Aggybyte

has an obvious hypno fetish
Would you accept a job as a sports mascot? Why or why not? I would love a job as the KC wolf. That would be fucking awesome.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I used to be a mascot in middle school. And while it was mildly enjoyable, the suit we had was not only really old and ratty but the fan inside was broken so it was ridiculously hot. And I can't really say the head had ever been cleaned or anything.

Though I'd possibly give it another shot at the college level. Our mascot actually looks like someone takes care of it.

And middle school was a terrible time anyway.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I'd rather be a stripper.

PastryOfApathy

So you're asking me if I want to get paid next to nothing (if anything) to sweat my ass off jumping around in a crusty, itchy mascot costume? That sounds like my dream job.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
So you're asking me if I want to get paid next to nothing (if anything) to sweat my ass off jumping around in a crusty, itchy mascot costume? That sounds like my dream job.
College mascots probably not, but pro sports mascots for baseball apparently have an annual starting salary of $25,000. The NBA is $40 to $45,000.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Does that mean I have to go to all those god awful pep rallies again? Nope.

powderhound

Would you accept a job as a sports mascot? Why or why not? I would love a job as the KC wolf. That would be fucking awesome.

Thats the answer to your problems Aggy! You can take a job as a mascot. That'll get you out of the house away from your parents and they can't fault you for having a job. Just look how many interesting people mascots get to meet:
Go Aggies!
[video=youtube_share;NUklhkoCOkk]http://youtu.be/NUklhkoCOkk[/video]

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
KC Wolf is awesome, but the Philly Phanatic is my idol, with the San Diego Chicken as a close second.

(Honorable mention: Chip the Buffalo, the Stanford Tree, and Scrotie the Penis.)

I'm not tall, athletic, or fast enough to be a professional mascot. The Phanatic regularly does things that would probably paralyze me.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
It would really depend on the location and of course the pay.

I don't see how people stay in those suits in hot weather. I almost died of heatstroke as an Easter bunny a few springs back.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Seeing the posts above, it surprises me that so many American schools have 'mascots'. All this 'school spirit' stuff makes it seem like each school is its own mini country.

And to answer the question, it'd be a no from me. The pay would be too low and I don't even like sports that much in general.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Most high schools' mascots are pretty dull and uninspired, though, in that they tend to be one of five over-played predator animals.

College mascots tend to be more interesting, though.

Dreaming

No way, have you seen those butt-ugly durrsuit things? Maybe if I ran away and joined the circus yeah

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
No. Unless it's a pretty wicked mascot for ice hockey or something somewhere cold.

I would however walk around as Snoopy in Cedar Point.

Edit: Or better yet...

iceshow1.jpg

Snoopy ice skating in cedar point!

Last edited:

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Better yet...

Snoopy ice skating in cedar point!
Jesus christ, how has this not broken his spine? Ice skating is hard and demands balance, skill, and good reaction. Wearing a giant costume is hard, hot, unbalanced, has blind spots, and you can't take sound cues because you can't hear shit through that much foam. This thing is like death-suit-on-ice.