• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

WoW Players

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys, which of you play WoW?!

I'm a GM with my BF of a Horde guild on Dalaran. Tonight is our first time raiding the new patch and we're goin' straight into heroic! Super excited.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I am mainly Alliance but I do have a Horde character that serves as my second character for this expansion. (I use to be Horde but the current Warchief kinda ruined the Horde experience for me. :()

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
A play a Worgen on Argent Dawn because I am furry trash.

F

foussiremix

I play WoW or atleast my subscription ran out.
I play a lvl 120 arcane mage worgen on a german server.

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Used to play this on and off for many years since Vanilla. Haven't touched it since Warlords of Draenor tho. Oh, and I have a Level 100 Worgen Marksman Hunter that always hit top 5 DPS/damage done every single raid. Haste/Crit ftw.

"Duh, hastecrit build is bad, man"
>Sits on the bottom 10 DPS as a mage with a higher iLvl than me
Yeah, no. Your build is just crap.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Okay, yeah, I'm a former player that was only there for Wrath/Cataclysm (roughly from just before Argent Tournament to just before they introduced the Raid Finder, in fact). Played both Alliance and Horde on the Misha server (and my girlfriend at the time was strictly Alliance).

Alliance main was a night elf druid, Horde main was originally a Tauren hunter but ultimately I wound up playing an Undead Death Knight much more there.

Let me go on record saying the two reasons I left:
1) Misha's raiding scene SUCKED by the time Cataclysm rolled around.
2) Massive bias against druids. Sure there's a few times I've gotten paid to tank at the level of 5-mans (one guy in PvP gear that the other randoms almost voted out, plus a time when I actively ran out of gold in the middle of... which Zul dungeon did they rework for Cata again?), but at raid level, I could only get any serious invites as healer or DPS. To put that in perspective, tank is the role I really wanted, DPS is a role I can't do well at all, and healer is the stereotype when it comes to druids.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Okay, yeah, I'm a former player that was only there for Wrath/Cataclysm (roughly from just before Argent Tournament to just before they introduced the Raid Finder, in fact). Played both Alliance and Horde on the Misha server (and my girlfriend at the time was strictly Alliance).

Alliance main was a night elf druid, Horde main was originally a Tauren hunter but ultimately I wound up playing an Undead Death Knight much more there.

Let me go on record saying the two reasons I left:
1) Misha's raiding scene SUCKED by the time Cataclysm rolled around.
2) Massive bias against druids. Sure there's a few times I've gotten paid to tank at the level of 5-mans (one guy in PvP gear that the other randoms almost voted out, plus a time when I actively ran out of gold in the middle of... which Zul dungeon did they rework for Cata again?), but at raid level, I could only get any serious invites as healer or DPS. To put that in perspective, tank is the role I really wanted, DPS is a role I can't do well at all, and healer is the stereotype when it comes to druids.
*gasps* How dare you say @Misha Bordiga Zahradník private server sucks! He gave me all of the collectible items and gave me an item that one shot every raid boss in the game............ /joke /sarcasm (By the way @Misha Bordiga Zahradník is your username based off the official server Blizzard or is it a coincidence?)

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
healer is the stereotype when it comes to druids.
Not really. Also, it sounds like your server sucked ass. I played druid and never had trouble with any classes. Plus, a lot has changed since those xpacs. Also, it was Zul'Gurub.

Legion was the best and BfA sucks.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Not really. Also, it sounds like your server sucked ass.

I've had people walk up to me while I was in tank gear and ask me to heal for them, so yeah that tends to color one's perception of the class. Also, yeah I have no doubts my server sucked overall, but admittedly I'm not sure any of my computers of the day could have handled being on a better one.

Honestly, the Cata days brought out the attitude of my Alliance guild at the time - while they weren't FULL "Onyxia Wipe Animation" a-hole level (god forbid I'd do ANY raiding if I were playing in those days), they were expecting me to be psychic about raid mechanics when I pretty much am one of those people that HAS to learn by actually being there. (I think the game introduced an in-game research function for raid mechanics at one point after or just before I left?) With a more tolerant and better packed (so the elites can go do their own thing) guild I might have actually gotten somewhere, as I'm still a FAST learner at the very minimum.

(Honestly the one phrase I actually remember from the raiding days was the raid leader's instructions to "DPS the armpit". Forget which dragon brought this out - wasn't Onyxia, that I know for sure. I WANT to say the dragon that led to this phrase was there in the Wrath/Cata transition.)

Another FYI: If I bother with WoW Classic, I'm likely playing Horde. Tauren all the way.

Last edited:

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've had people walk up to me while I was in tank gear and ask me to heal for them, so yeah that tends to color one's perception of the class.
This happens to me on any toon I can heal on, whether it be my monk, shaman, druid, paladin, or priest. I think it's a healer thing, not a druid thing.
I pretty much am one of those people that HAS to learn by actually being there. (I think the game introduced an in-game research function for raid mechanics at one point after or just before I left?)
Yeah, my guild's "mission statement" is kinda like: "If you are looking to get into higher-end content but are not sure where to start, join us and we can work toward our common goals together!" Honestly, guilds either make or break the game for a lot of people, because WoW is definitely a collaborative game. They also did release the Dungeon Journal, where it lists bosses, loot, mechanics, etc. but it does not have guides.
"DPS the armpit". Forget which dragon brought this out - wasn't Onyxia, that I know for sure. I WANT to say the dragon that led to this phrase was there in the Wrath/Cata transition.)
Idk who that would be, quite a few dragons in Cata especially lol

Tyll'a

Stubborn Caracal
I play WoW still. My main is a night elf monk on Wyrmrest Accord. I used to main Horde before BFA but I don't want to play what has basically become the Scourge anymore.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I haven't been able to afford it in over a year, sadly, but I'm hoping that can change sometime this year. I play both sides, but I sympathize more with the Horde as a whole (and I absolutely hate hate hate Blizzard turning people on both sides evil and stupid just to keep the war going long after a peace should have been established. Hell, a true working alliance between both factions SHOULD have been the narrative endgame of Mists of Pandaria given its themes and that was over four years ago now.)

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Played before WotLK, tried to come back with release of WoD and BfA, but realized what the game has changed too much and not for the better...

2.4.3 forever in my heart
You skipped Legion, which has been by far the best expansion in years.

If you didn't have to pay a monthly subscription for it. Fuck that shit!
You can pay for it easily with gold.

you still looking for horde friends? i started playing again yesterday my first time being horde wants a gamertag?
What server are you on?

F

foussiremix

I have to admit I only started playing WoW because of the worgen but when I reached lvl 20 , I had fell in love with the game and bought it immediatly and the newest expansion.

I actually used to despise the game alot but guess my mindset changed