• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

WTB: Cure (General Soreness)

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
If you don't understand gamer speak. The title is Willing To Buy a cure for general soreness.

Because I'm fucking in pain. I swear I feel like someone stuffed me in a punching bag and went to town. Now I know my left arm and shoulder are probably sore because I tend to lean on them, but I doubt the rest of me should feel like this.

Granted no I don't really think I've been sleeping walking again (Did for a short period of time 2 years ago when I was on those anti-depression pills, hell to wake up with defensive marks on your arms and the realization that I don't remember what happened to me the previous 9 hours :/)

And yes I've been getting enough sleep at reasonable times (going to bed between 2-6 in the morning getting at least 6 hours of sleep a day. But still in fucking pain :( UGH

So yeah if you have a miracle cure Offer it.

I don't have a tub I could use, I don't have monies and I don't have a bf or anyone else who'd massage me, so don't mention those plz.

E

Elim Garak

Oh man, I have jaw issues that has to go away from itself(It's been there for a year).
Some days its fine, other days I have to swallow painkillers like candy.
Try getting some of those against muscle pain cremes from the pharmacist.

Also if you have fans, open windows or especially A/C turn them off/close them.

SmeggyWulff

Commie bat has a very solid suggestion.

Are you on any medications? That sort of soreness is a side effect of certain medications and rather rare outside of that.

Do you get much exercise or have a physically demanding job? Full body soreness can be caused by lack of the former and too much of the latter.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Yoga or basic proper stretching will help a lot. I walk a LOT so I do this every morning, it's a nice way to start the day. Also drink moar water, I'll bet you don't get near enough. Other than that, so aspirin maybe. Or strong drink.

footfoe

Beware of Molesters
I honestly agree with the bed thing. Get a firmer one.

SmeggyWulff

This is going to sound really odd, I know. Spend a night sleeping on your back on the floor. I'm currently living on my in laws couch so I have a very similar problem. Spending a night or two on the floor really helps. It changes your sleeping posture, forcing you to arch your back more which helps with the soreness.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
This is going to sound really odd, I know. Spend a night sleeping on your back on the floor. I'm currently living on my in laws couch so I have a very similar problem. Spending a night or two on the floor really helps. It changes your sleeping posture, forcing you to arch your back more which helps with the soreness.

Interesting, but I have a tendency to sleep on my side, would sleeping on the floor still change that factor?

SmeggyWulff

I sleep on my side as well. Sleeping on the floor should probably still help you. The problem with sleeping on a couch is that they lack support, or have support in the wrong places. This means that when you sleep on your side your spine winds up looking like a hammock. Your spine was meant to look like this ! Not like this (. This puts strain on your entire body. If I go a whole week just sleeping on the couch I experience soreness in my shoulders, back, hips, and knees. For me a night on the floor acts like erasing a chalkboard. It leaves some traces of the soreness behind but takes a lot of it away. It's not a cure all, but it does help. Stretching, exercisin, aand keeping hydrated help as well. Yoga is good too, but personally I file that away under stretching.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
6 hours is not enough sleep.
It's situational. Your body can easily learn to cope with less, if it's all you can get for an extended period. I submit myself as citation :v

But yeah, if there's no actual injury you've suffered it's likely either to be your mattress or your posture. If you do lifting regularly, make sure you're using a good technique. Try sleeping somewhere different, too.

ED: The floor suggestion is a very good one.

Last edited:

SmeggyWulff

Sleep on your back on the floor, not your side. I know it's hard to fall asleep like that when you're used to falling asleep on your side. It might be worth it though.