• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

WTF Customers

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
Back in the day, when I worked in the music department of a large bookstore chain, one girl was super rude to me. She was like "You're boring. You're weird. You don't talk much do you." I was new, and we'd never met before. She said a bunch of stuff like that right to my face. It was oddly personal. Especially for a total stranger.

I once had a man come up to me in the store I worked in at the time and tell me that I (an at the time 119 lb, teenage white girl) looked like Mike Tyson.

When I worked as a piercer I had a man come in and sign his forms to get both nipples done, he chatted to me for ages and was obviously excited, but when I looked at the form there was illegible scrawl on the medical section. I asked what it said and he told me he had hepatitis! Not once had he mentioned it, and I have no doubt that if I'd not asked he'd have let the piercing go ahead! Casually neglecting to mention you have a highly contagious bloodborne illness to someone who is likely to potentially contract it due to the procedure you're asking for is NOT cool.

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
I once had a man come up to me in the store I worked in at the time and tell me that I (an at the time 119 lb, teenage white girl) looked like Mike Tyson.

When I worked as a piercer I had a man come in and sign his forms to get both nipples done, he chatted to me for ages and was obviously excited, but when I looked at the form there was illegible scrawl on the medical section. I asked what it said and he told me he had hepatitis! Not once had he mentioned it, and I have no doubt that if I'd not asked he'd have let the piercing go ahead! Casually neglecting to mention you have a highly contagious bloodborne illness to someone who is likely to potentially contract it due to the procedure you're asking for is NOT cool.
Damn I think that’s actually pretty illegal. Knowingly subjecting anyone to a dangerous pathogen like that is at least a misdemeanor to my knowledge

Ciderfine

Slow as sickness but true as sap
Banned
Not a field I want to work in given how technology, stress and wrong orders create angry ass people, but its to be expected given the nature of consumerism.

Damn I think that’s actually pretty illegal. Knowingly subjecting anyone to a dangerous pathogen like that is at least a misdemeanor to my knowledge

Yeah, needless to say he was not pierced. Hep is unfortunately too infectious to risk messing with. There are some risks you just don't take! It did make us all very conscious of triple checking forms though.

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
Yeah, needless to say he was not pierced. Hep is unfortunately too infectious to risk messing with. There are some risks you just don't take! It did make us all very conscious of triple checking forms though.
Which strain? I think I waited way too long to get my hep A vaccination lol but it’s going around because of fuckheads like that

C. I'm grateful that he was honest when he was questioned to be fair, he could easily have carried on pretending if he'd felt like it!
Aw are you in tattooing?! I miss it so much. D:

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
C. I'm grateful that he was honest when he was questioned to be fair, he could easily have carried on pretending if he'd felt like it!
Aw are you in tattooing?! I miss it so much. D:
Nah I’m just in food service in a state with a pretty close breakout lol. I love the folks at the tattoo parlor down the block tho, when my boss isn’t looking we give them free shit <3
So in somewhat the spirit of staying on topic, what are some do’s and donts of being a customer looking for ink? I try to be as accommodating and flexible as possible with independent trades, especially after the horror stories they’ve told me of unsavory tattoo locations

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
One lady thought a tattoo was basically a laser brand, and as the guy is begrudgingly tattooing a butterfly on her nether regions, she goes “CAN YOU SMELL IT”
Him: what the holy fuck
Customer: “The laser! When it burns the skin can you smell it??”

fourur

petit trou du luke
One lady thought a tattoo was basically a laser brand, and as the guy is begrudgingly tattooing a butterfly on her nether regions, she goes “CAN YOU SMELL IT”
Him: what the holy fuck
Customer: “The laser! When it burns the skin can you smell it??”
can you feel the pain? XD

Ah that sucks that you have to even think that much about hepatitis then Grizzly! :(
I bet they love you guys! ^^
Some definite don't that will piss anyone off are:
-attempting to quote something yourself
-messaging and trying to tell the artist the size of a design you'd like by using random measurements. (Palm sized is different for everyone, etc)
-telling an artist 'it won't take long'
-insisting on a tonne of detail in a very small area (it'll age badly)
-going back constantly with small complaints (tattoos fade a little. If you're not happy with a design say at the point of stencil, not after, etc!)
-lying on your forms or trying to use a fake id
-dropping out of an appointment without letting the artist know

Other stuff I know myself, my brother and my husband would all hate:
-don't bring young kids along for a day sitting. They get bored.
-dont bring along every friend you have, it's not a spectator sport and theres only so much space xp
-dont change your mind every 5 minutes
-dont turn up after any blood thinning activities that will potentially alter the end result of the tattoo.
-if you're getting something kink related, don't talk about it in depth unless specifically asked. Tattoos & piercings on your artist *might* be an indication of an interest in kink, but they also might not be, and it's not cool to make people uncomfortable! XD

Thats all I can think of pre-coffee! XD

Oh. My. God. That's hilarious!! I just read it to my husband and he snort/laughed. XD he's been lucky enough to not have any sweaty crotches yet. Haha.