• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wtf is a "Crux" anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I can't find any real info on Wikifur or Google, so I'm asking you, fellow furfags.

Wtf are Cruxes?
Are they a mix of some kind?
Some fan-species made from scratch and Beetlejuice influence?
What?

I'm curious, and I thought about drawing V as one out of boredom, but I can't find shit on them.

protocollie

Un Tiss Un Tiss Un Tiss
mutation industries on sl thought them up. i think they're pretty much stretched out creepy foxes with kangaroo tails.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Only Crux I'm familiar with is the Crux Terminatus, but that's based off latin crux which means a cross. So it might be people pretending to be intelligent by going for fancy words, like "Oh I'm too elite to say "mixed" Crux sounds so much better anyways."

J

Jelly

Only Crux I'm familiar with is the Crux Terminatus, but that's based off latin crux which means a cross. So it might be people pretending to be intelligent by going for fancy words, like "Oh I'm too elite to say "mixed" Crux sounds so much better anyways."

Its kind of unique.
Not really a definable hybrid, more like a fox that fell in a wheat thresher.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
A term that people should be sliced up for using :V

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Pulled from Kit's Collegiate Ass:
crux (1): A constellation in the Western arrangement, known as the Cross.
(2): A central point or main principle of a larger subject

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
A crux is a made up species. I remember seeing a pink one done by Beast Cub, while at AC. To be honest I don't know exactly what it is, the composite parts.

Takoto

Scottish Fold cat, disabled, and sneezing a lot.
From what I can gather from the other posts... a fantasy/made-up character xD

Shadow

Likes to Create
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/malluch Designed them as a made up species, and ended up creating them in SecondLife. They're meant to have a somewhat insane personality. Malluch used to have more info up before he took down about everything for personal reasons. The image used in the wikifur article was drawn by him of course.

Last edited:

Stahi

Concrete Saw
crux.jpg

fwLogCGI

Wtf is a "Crux" anyway?
http://crux.nu/
CRUX is a lightweight, i686-optimized Linux distribution targeted at experienced Linux users. The primary focus of this distribution is keep it simple, which is reflected in a straightforward tar.gz-based package system, BSD-style initscripts, and a relatively small collection of trimmed packages. The secondary focus is utilization of new Linux features and recent tools and libraries. CRUX also has a ports system which makes it easy to install and upgrade applications.

Shark_the_raptor

I'm in love with a pizza.

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
If I remember Stabby's description, it is basically a hybrid of two species (which I can't remember) plus "the crap from the drain in your sink".

It was a lot funnier when she explained it, though.

Meh. *walks away*

Status
Not open for further replies.