• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wtf is a "Crux" anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorYue

im His kitty cat
i hit z instead of X... "the crux of the problem" or somethign like that

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Lol. People using dictionary definitions for furry terminology.

Thanks, guys, though.
I understand a little better, even if the idea is still kind if vague. But can't be helped if the creator of the species themself is vague about it.

lunarfox513

Um, I hope I'm not to late, but unless I missed something there didn't seem to be a good specific answer to the original question. I'm a Crux in SL and naturally I get asked this question allot, thankfully I have come across a handy little notecard explaining just about everything:

So, you have found your way into the Crux way of life, or just found them around and are fucking confused...

First to understand the crux you must understand their definition. By the english Dictionary, Crux means: "A Puzzling Thing." Now that we understand that, we can continue.

There is not much known about a Crux, per say. Still I am figuring out more daily, but I can tell you what I know, and the two groups I classify them in.

True Cruxes:
These Cruxes are the ones who fit into the Crux way of life. Generally insane without trying, and are very puzzling. True Cruxes have special biological features, or to be more specific, lack of them. True Cruxes lack genitals, gender, or any kind of sexual organ. These Cruxes also lack an age, and their origin still shrouded in mystery. Some say they are materialized thoughts, some say they been around since the dawn of time. Since not much is known, we cannot be cirtain!

Spy Cruxes:
These are the ones I myself do not hold in high regard. These Cruxes are not Cruxes, they are not puzzling, and seem to be in a Crux shape just because "it looks cool" but we all know its to spy on the true cruxes. Spy Cruxes tend to have a gender, and age. Mainly "shapeshifter" types are Spy Cruxes. Spy Cruxes include, but are not limited to:
-Cruxes that have a Gender
-Cruxes that don't have proper biological makeup of other Cruxes
-Mixed species, between a Crux and another. Could only happen with Sex, which Cruxes being genderless, is impossible
-Cruxes that lack insanity, generally very sane Cruxes are spies.

Thanks to: Malluch Cleaver, for giving me info on the Crux! And for making them! I hope to update this with more info direct from Malluch ASAP!

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Pink_Crux_side_view_by_LilleahWest.jpg

this is a crux. it's from second life.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
When I read crux it instantly makes me thing crutch in crotch.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Look man, y'all oughtta just be thankful this thread isn't about rule 34 of the passion of the christ (though some argue that movie is its own rule 34) and that it's just another pretentious "original idea" from another pretentious furry who bawleets everything.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
...BITCHES!!! :D

sleep_element

Gosh, does nobody read threads anymore? They just read the first post then throw in their two cents whether they have a clue or not?

I mean, all you people posting links to like wikipedia and the like, was it not as apparent to you as it was to me, from the OP that she had already tried google fu? Thus in coming up with nothing she came to us?

Also, people saying "Oh this is a term people should be in someway punished for using". Well calm down. It isn't some new term to describe any old hybrid, it is a the name of a specific species.

Which is another thing I would think clear by the context of the original post.

What, do you guys just read the name of the Topic and post whatever the first thing is that comes to mind?

general_hazard

the only place ive heard of a crux were in some books about demons,and apparently its the one place where the humans universe and the demons universe connect.hope i helped

Lord-Typhon

Combat Crux
Um, I hope I'm not to late, but unless I missed something there didn't seem to be a good specific answer to the original question. I'm a Crux in SL and naturally I get asked this question allot, thankfully I have come across a handy little notecard explaining just about everything:

So, you have found your way into the Crux way of life, or just found them around and are fucking confused...

First to understand the crux you must understand their definition. By the english Dictionary, Crux means: "A Puzzling Thing." Now that we understand that, we can continue.

There is not much known about a Crux, per say. Still I am figuring out more daily, but I can tell you what I know, and the two groups I classify them in.

True Cruxes:
These Cruxes are the ones who fit into the Crux way of life. Generally insane without trying, and are very puzzling. True Cruxes have special biological features, or to be more specific, lack of them. True Cruxes lack genitals, gender, or any kind of sexual organ. These Cruxes also lack an age, and their origin still shrouded in mystery. Some say they are materialized thoughts, some say they been around since the dawn of time. Since not much is known, we cannot be cirtain!

Spy Cruxes:
These are the ones I myself do not hold in high regard. These Cruxes are not Cruxes, they are not puzzling, and seem to be in a Crux shape just because "it looks cool" but we all know its to spy on the true cruxes. Spy Cruxes tend to have a gender, and age. Mainly "shapeshifter" types are Spy Cruxes. Spy Cruxes include, but are not limited to:
-Cruxes that have a Gender
-Cruxes that don't have proper biological makeup of other Cruxes
-Mixed species, between a Crux and another. Could only happen with Sex, which Cruxes being genderless, is impossible
-Cruxes that lack insanity, generally very sane Cruxes are spies.

Thanks to: Malluch Cleaver, for giving me info on the Crux! And for making them! I hope to update this with more info direct from Malluch ASAP!

Sadd part is that i have that notecard myself as well. It's only partly right. Yes Malluch made them genderless, but if you read his original notecards on them, it is in appearance only. The whole thing between spy and true Crux not to mention copybotting is why Malluch left Second Life. The only true part in the whole notecard is the thing about the insanity. Cruxes are mainly creatures of chaos, created through mutation and alchemy (which is why you drink from a bottle just to get the avatar). There is nothing that says they can or can not have a gender, and the whole thing is left open to interpretation.

Now lets look at this example. There is a crux on SL, that is highly accepted by the Crux community at large there, as a true crux. Does he have a insanity, yes but it's not a obvious one. So his behaviour is quite sane most of the time. However he does have a gender, and is much taller then a normal crux. These last two are played up from the mutated aspect of the species, where you can't predict the results and say there all genderless end of question.

Odd part is that particular Crux is in fact, me. My statements also reflect my own personal research in to, as well as talks with those I have made friends with in the various crux groups as well. However I do not claim to have the final say of it, as Malluch did leave it all open to interpretation. With no official notes going one way or the other.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
Dammit I've fucking had it with necroposting, is it so difficult to read how old a thread actually is?

Status
Not open for further replies.