• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wtf is the deal with Therians?

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I am awkward and weird and I often feel I relate more to certain animals than I do to humans. I'm pretty convinced that this is a symptom of mental illness and social isolation, but I have explored the possibility that I have the soul of an animal. I once delved into the idea that I was a snake (European Adder) Therian, but I was violently rejected from conversations with other Therians who said it was just a silly fantasy of mine and I couldn't be a part of their precious clique.

Why are all Otherkins/Therians "cool" animals, anyhow? Why are there no tapeworm Therians? Or guinea pig Therians? Or Therians of species that are yet to be discovered?

If humans can have the soul of an animal, can animals have the souls of humans? Are there snails slithering around saying "look at me, I'm a hoomin"?

It sounds a bit silly to me.

Convince me otherwise.

D

Deleted member 93706

I'm pretty convinced that this is a symptom of mental illness and social isolation
I agree, and I think many would say this about furries in general. Are they completely wrong? The brain does strange things to try to make up for childhood deficits...

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
Why are all Otherkins/Therians "cool" animals, anyhow? Why are there no tapeworm Therians? Or guinea pig Therians? Or Therians of species that are yet to be discovered?

This right here. There's clear species favoritism in their community, just like there is in the furry community. Therians and otherkins aren't really any different from us. They just take the idea of a fursona way too seriously.

Sorry if I offended any therians/otherkins on the forums. I hope you don't hate me and we can remain civil towards one another.

ASTA

The Worst of Us

Because none of those animals are attractive physically or culturally. It's the same reason why the vast majority of fursonas are typically of various species belonging to the Canidae and Felidae families.

Big and small cats have been revered throughout much of human history. From the blazingly-quick cheetah to the feisty household cat, felines of all species are generally attractive both facially and in their locomotive swagger. They've featured on various fiat currencies throughout history, have appeared on national flags, and were even objects of religious reverence by several ancient civilizations (particularly ancient Egypt). Anime catgirls are more or less a foundational part of anime at this point.

Canine obsession should be self-explanatory. Practically everyone loves dogs. They're all over the internet. There are tons of dog memes out there, dog Youtube channels with damn-near 2 million subscriptions, and even a fucking dog cryptocurrency that has recently EXPLODED in popularity. Grey Wolves are now adored and fiercely protected by enviro-nuts despite them being on the IUCN's "least concerned" list. Whenever a stereotypical "dog movie" comes out, it is almost always a blockbuster success with the masses even if it did poorly with critics.

No one wants to be a tapeworm therian because a tapeworm is both unattractive physically and a parasite.

And no one likes parasites.

No one at all.

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
"It's my fave" is probably the most common reason anyone chooses that particular animal. I know no one will ever outright admit it, buuuuuuuuuut... :rolleyes:

I've seen the exact same determination with people that insist they have multiple personalities living it up inside their heads all the time. All of which, are coincidentally named after (and behave just like) their top 5 or more favorite characters at that time.

Edit, some explanation: Humans tend to emulate things that they admire, whether it be people, animals or fictional characters. Meaning it was inspired by an event, versus the feeling 'always being there'.

Ya know?

Last edited:

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Hey there, Xitheon,

Former "identifying Therian" here, so I think I can answer this with a bit of experience on that side of things.

Convince me otherwise.

To start, I'd like to say that what I feel and think isn't in any way a rule; it's perspective gained from being apart of the Therian Community and a heavily active member of one of the most major Therian forums for a number of years. I had also identified as Otherkin at the time, but that's unimportant. So, that information out of the way, I'll try to answer your questions as succinctly as I can...

Why are all Otherkins/Therians "cool" animals, anyhow?

I wouldn't say all of them are cool, I've met Therians who identified with things like bugs and rodents and other less famously known animals.

However, much like MarkOfBane mentioned, it's similar to the Furry Community in that it's used (usually) as a sense of escape. So people are going to immediately latch onto the animal they like most, which is often a more well known and cool looking one. This can develop into something of a psychological analysis (ex. "I identify as [blank] due to [blank] disorder," or "I identify as [blank] because [insert scientific mumbo jumbo here", etc.) or spiritual belief (ex. reincarnation) later, but it usually always starts out as dissociation.

This dissociation can be willful, or it can be a case where someone's just completely lost touch with reality. Most of the adult community heavily advises therapy and mental health to prevent the latter, but as said prior, most find themselves at this stage first before either growing out of it with help or having it wind up being something else (ex. part of a system, psychological disorder, spiritual belief/faith, etc).

So, in short: The answer can't be summed up in one sentence, but it can be attributed to the same source of, "New Therian Syndrome".

Why are there no tapeworm Therians? Or guinea pig Therians?

It's funny you mention this, I had seen a parasite identifying therian on the forum I was apart of, but I had forgotten their handle...I believe it was something like "Trick"? I could be wrong.

The above answer stands to answer this question too, but I thought you might be interested to know that in the six years I spent within that community I did see at least one parasite.

Fun facts.

As for Guinea Pigs...I mean, I never saw or met one but I did meet other rodents or mustelids such as a Eurasian Red Squirrel, a Meerkat, a possum, Hamster, etc.

If it's a new therian they'll likely identify as a wolf or a fox or whatever.
If it's a therian that's actually spent time analyzing themselves and whether or not it's a psychological disorder or spiritual belief (or some odd combo) they usually wind up changing their theriotype (there's some lingo for you lol).

Or Therians of species that are yet to be discovered?

Since Therianthropy is an identity based on current animals that live or have lived on earth (and are known about), it's impossible to meet a Therian who's theriotype is "undiscovered". However, you could meet someone who initially thought they were, say, Shark Type A, but when Shark Type B was discovered and researched they realized those behaviors and circumstances lined up better so they began to identify with Shark Type B instead.

I've met a Therian who thought they were a wolf but wound up later identifying as a Spotted Hyena, and another who thought they were a Fox but wound up later identifying as a Maned Wolf (which, in spite of it's name, isn't a wolf at all).

If humans can have the soul of an animal, can animals have the souls of humans? Are there snails slithering around saying "look at me, I'm a hoomin"?

To answer this I'm forced to point out that not all Therians identify spiritually, and as such, not all Therians believe they have the soul of anything. Hell, some might not even believe in the concept of a soul. You can read more about that here if you want to: https://www.therian-guide.com/index.php/2-therianthropy

Anyway, theoretically, anything is possible.
This isn't really a therian question.

That said, I believe all "sane" therians would agree that if an animal was a human that was reincarnated, they'd lack the consciousness or self awareness to be able to process that information.

Convince me otherwise.

The Furry Community and the Therian Community have been at silent odds for awhile (usually because Furries and Therians are often grouped by people who aren't in either community and don't understand either, ironically), and I don't see that ending anytime soon.

Both are severely misunderstood and both have a lot to point at, laugh at, and make fun of. That said, one of the key differences I see within the communities is identity (furries don't identify as an animal, for starters) and self awareness (most furries know they use the community the furry "identity" / Label as a way to escape, but most therians don't realize this about their own community and identity). Even if they do realize it, it's not treated with the same laid back attitude (even by arguably otherwise mature members) which is essentially what made me leave and stop associating with the overall mess that the community has become (to me).

I see nothing wrong with having an unorthodox community or identity surrounding specific beliefs or ideals (so long as it's treated with skepticism and health is regarded as important). However, when the identity takes up so much of your life that you can't accept theory or discussion anymore if it doesn't align with your own specific beliefs...well, count me out of that. I'd rather just continue being my weird witchy self and ditch the community entirely. In spite of the trolls and misunderstandings, I've felt much more comfortable within the Furry community. At least the members of this community know when something is ridiculous and will usually call it out.

Anyway, to summarize...while the community itself isn't that incomprehensible, the members of it can be a huge issue.
Much like the Furry Community.

It's just much harder to understand without reading about them a bit, and/or talking to former members...or just finding members that are able to express themselves. Which do exist, albeit in small numbers.

All furries are on the species dysphoria scale - therians/otherkin are just further down the scale than most are.

I would go as far to say "All Furries likely have an overarching Teratophilia" but I dunno if fetish and dysphoria go hand in hand.
I'm quite comfortable being human. I accept and embrace my humanity. I'm also equally comfortable getting Furry art done, because I find the inhuman (werewolves, vampires, alien-like creatures, etc.) appealing.

If one would literally believe that they are an animal spirit that somehow got transferred into a human body, wouldn't it make the most sense for the to kill themselves and hope they get reincarnated into the correct species?

Odd as Therians may seem, at the end of the day many of them are mentally ill or otherwise struggling.
It's not funny to make fun of someone experiencing Dysphoria. No matter the type.

Last edited:

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Ultimately they're a harmless bunch to be honest.

For the most part, yeah.
Some of them are a bit weird and others are sometimes downright mentally ill (or trolls), but otherwise, they're usually chill.
The same description could be given to us, lol.

I've met a lot of cool folks that I still talk to now who either don't associate with that community anymore or otherwise discovered themselves in a way (ex. one friend was a Therian, later realized it was just Gender Dysphoria that they couldn't process as a child) and now live their lives as a happy human trans lady. Not that such a thing is common or universal in any way, but just an example of how someone psychologically discovered themselves through the identity.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
Hey there, Xitheon. Former "identifying Therian" here, so I think I can answer this with a bit of experience on that side of things. To start, I'd like to say that what I feel and think isn't in any way a rule; it's perspective gained from being apart of the Therian Community and a heavily active member of one of the most major Therian forums for a number of years. I had also identified as Otherkin at the time, but that's unimportant. So, that information out of the way, I'll try to answer your questions as succinctly as I can...

I wouldn't say all of them are cool, I've met Therians who identified with things like bugs and rodents and other less famously known animals. However, much like MarkOfBane mentioned, it's similar to the Furry Community in that it's used (usually) as a sense of escape. So people are going to immediately latch onto the animal they like most, which is often a more well known and cool looking one. This can develop into something of a psychological analysis (ex. "I identify as [blank] due to [blank] disorder," or "I identify as [blank] because [insert scientific mumbo jumbo here", etc.) or spiritual belief (ex. reincarnation) later, but it usually always starts out as dissociation. This dissociation can be willful, or it can be a case where someone's just completely lost touch with reality. Most of the adult community heavily advises therapy and mental health to prevent the latter, but as said prior, most find themselves at this stage first before either growing out of it with help or having it wind up being something else (ex. part of a system, psychological disorder, spiritual belief/faith, etc).

So, in short: The answer can't be summed up in one sentence, but it can be attributed to the same source of, "New Therian Syndrome".

It's funny you mention this, I had seen a parasite identifying therian on the forum I was apart of, but I had forgotten their handle...I believe it was something like "Trick"? I could be wrong. The above answer stands to answer this question too, but I thought you might be interested to know that in the six years I spent within that community I did see at least one parasite. Fun facts.

As for Guinea Pigs...I mean, I never saw or met one but I did meet other rodents or mustelids such as a Eurasian Red Squirrel, a Meerkat, a possum, Hamster, etc.

If it's a new therian they'll likely identify as a wolf or a fox or whatever.

If it's a therian that's actually spent time analyzing themselves and whether or not it's a psychological disorder or spiritual belief (or some odd combo) they usually wind up changing their theriotype (there's some lingo for you lol).

Since Therianthropy is an identity based on current animals that live or have lived on earth (and are known about), it's impossible to meet a Therian who's theriotype is "undiscovered". However, you could meet someone who initially thought they were, say, Shark Type A, but when Shark Type B was discovered and researched they realized those behaviors and circumstances lined up better so they began to identify with Shark Type B instead. I've met a Therian who thought they were a wolf but wound up later identifying as a Spotted Hyena, and another who thought they were a Fox but wound up later identifying as a Maned Wolf (which, in spite of it's name, isn't a wolf at all).

To answer this I'm forced to point out that not all Therians identify spiritually, and as such, not all Therians believe they have the soul of anything. Hell, some might not even believe in the concept of a soul. You can read more about that here if you want to: https://www.therian-guide.com/index.php/2-therianthropy

Anyway, theoretically, anything is possible. This isn't really a therian question. That said, I believe all "sane" therians would agree that if an animal was a human that was reincarnated, they'd lack the consciousness or self awareness to be able to process that information.

The Furry Community and the Therian Community have been at silent odds for awhile (usually because Furries and Therians are often grouped by people who aren't in either community and don't understand either, ironically), and I don't see that ending anytime soon. Both are severely misunderstood and both have a lot to point at, laugh at, and make fun of. That said, one of the key differences I see within the communities is identity (furries don't identify as an animal, for starters) and self awareness (most furries know they use the community the furry "identity" / Label as a way to escape, but most therians don't realize this about their own community and identity). Even if they do realize it, it's not treated with the same laid back attitude (even by arguably otherwise mature members) which is essentially what made me leave and stop associating with the overall mess that the community has become (to me).

I see nothing wrong with having an unorthodox community or identity surrounding specific beliefs or ideals (so long as it's treated with skepticism and health is regarded as important). However, when the identity takes up so much of your life that you can't accept theory or discussion anymore if it doesn't align with your own specific beliefs...well, count me out of that. I'd rather just continue being my weird witchy self and ditch the community entirely. In spite of the trolls and misunderstandings, I've felt much more comfortable within the Furry community. At least the members of this community know when something is ridiculous and will usually call it out.

Anyway, to summarize...while the community itself isn't that incomprehensible, the members of it can be a huge issue. Much like the Furry Community. Just much harder to understand without reading about them a bit, and/or talking to former members...or just members that are able to express themselves. Which do exist, albeit in small numbers.

I would go as far to say "All Furries likely have an overarching Teratophilia" but I dunno if fetish and dysphoria go hand in hand.
I'm quite comfortable being human. I accept and embrace my humanity. I'm also equally comfortable getting Furry art done, because I find the inhuman (werewolves, vampires, alien-like creatures, etc.) appealing.

Odd as Therians may seem, at the end of the day many of them are mentally ill or otherwise struggling.
It's not funny to make fun of someone experiencing Dysphoria. No matter the type.
I think the animal question is interesting.

Who knows, some of the smarter ones (Nonhuman apes, Corvids, Cetaceans, certain Carnivorans, Cephalopods) might to some extent

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Who knows, some of the smarter ones (Nonhuman apes, Corvids, Cetaceans, certain Carnivorans, Cephalopods) might to some extent

There was a Monkey therian on the forum but they went inactive before I ever got the chance to speak to them or hear their take on things, so I couldn't tell you. I've seen Crow therians, but never spoke to them as I just never got the chance to (and didn't go out of my way to say something on the forum unless it added to the conversation in some way,). I did have a friend who was a Dolphin, but she was also a highly spiritual person who identified as a Starseed overall --- and believed that water and it's creatures had a place on the planet she was from. Whether you believe in Starseeds or not, I thought the association was pretty interesting. She too wound up leaving the community due to exhaustion with it, haha.

I'm not sure what you mean by "animal question" so I don't quite know how to approach it.

Nexus Cabler

Lord of typos
Historically people around the world have practiced and identified with animals in rituals, shamanism, and for hunting and fighting. In many if not all cultures, animals have been a significant influence. Some were seen as guardians, protectors, leaders, such as in Native American cultures, while other people practiced the behavior of animals in fighting, such as the Berserkers.

Therians, in a my mind, are another example of human beings incorporating animals into our lives, because animals in general, played a massive part in our species from the beginning to what we all are today. I'd say we probably wouldn't have thrived as humans if we didn't have such a passionate connection with the animals that surrounded us.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Historically people around the world have practiced and identified with animals in rituals, shamanism, and for hunting and fighting. In many if not all cultures, animals have been a significant influence. Some were seen as guardians, protectors, leaders, such as in Native American cultures, while other people practiced the behavior of animals in fighting in the goal to ultimately become one, such as the Berserkers.

Therians, in a my mind, are just another example of human history incorporating animals into our lives, because animals in general, played a massive part in our species from the beginning to what we all are today. I'd say we probably wouldn't have thrived as a species if we didn't have such a passionate connection with the animals that surrounded us.

There are many Therians who would agree, many of them cite this history in their arguments as well. Whether or not identifying as an animal is the same as connecting with an animal temporarily for ritual and/or to receive spiritual messages could be attributed to the same experience is debatable (and a mostly one sided debate at that,) but the history is there all the same.

For those curious, the website I linked also accepts non-therian guests and answers their questions on their forums --- at least they did the last time I was an active member...(so long as you're respectful, anyway). They take the topic of identity seriously so they'd likely get defensive quickly if it was made fun of. I recommend talking to the therians themselves, if you want answers straight from the horse's mouth. Possibly literally. Please don't troll them, though. I shouldn't have to say that...but I will, just in case this post is somehow taken as an invitation to do so. I just see it as an extra source of information for the genuinely curious, so hopefully, it'll be used as such.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I am awkward and weird and I often feel I relate more to certain animals than I do to humans. I'm pretty convinced that this is a symptom of mental illness and social isolation, but I have explored the possibility that I have the soul of an animal. I once delved into the idea that I was a snake (European Adder) Therian, but I was violently rejected from conversations with other Therians who said it was just a silly fantasy of mine and I couldn't be a part of their precious clique.

Convince me otherwise.

I cannot, as it is not silly to me. I feel bad that you were "violently rejected" because that's just them being an asshole by the sounds of things, but as someone who has a feline soul myself openly, I can only say that most people who have the soul of say a guinea pig probably would act appropriately, and appropriate for a guinea pig is to lay around, sleep, and hide. <giggle> Some animal aspects would be buried...or mistaken as just a personality quirk if it's minor enough.

You have to think of the person themselves. Not everyone would even recognize an animal aspect inside them if the animal is passive. The human part of them simply overshines it. So for example if someone has the soul of a ferret, they go through their life realizing that they are fidigy and nervous but assume it's 100% human-like. If someone told them they are a ferret soul they'd say "Don't be silly, I'm just a nervous nelly!" and think nothing more of it.

On the other hand, the "cool" animals tend to shine...cats, bears, deer, etc. The mannerisms and thought processes becomes more prominent in daily life to the point where you simply can't ignore it anymore. You'd find yourself when startled growling instinctively...physical traits come more naturally, more comfortable in the presence of your "own" soul-kind, etc. Sure all this could be mistaken for insanity or delusion, but so could 90% of the behaviours of most humans so it's an irrelevant argument.

The reverse is true with the animals. They may have a human soul but they are still the creature so they don't notice that that are reacting as a human would as their own creature-ness overpowers it. That's the principle of the beliefs behind reincarnation into animals...the person comes back as a <whatever> and upon death they reflect on the perspective they gained for their next life. Swapping species is an easy way to do that. Picture being a hunter re-incarnated as a deer, then shot by a hunter yourself? IMAGINE the perspectives you'd have gained when you reflect on the 2 lives on both sides of the coin!!!

Help any?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I actually forgot to respond to this part, but I will now.

I once delved into the idea that I was a snake (European Adder) Therian, but I was violently rejected from conversations with other Therians who said it was just a silly fantasy of mine and I couldn't be a part of their precious clique.

Therians tend to be a defensive bunch. As you can imagine, there are a LOT of trolls and memes, and the members who do want to focus on theory or spirituality without that can be pretty quick to shun someone if they make outlandish claims such as being able to physically shapeshift or (sometimes,) suffering from a mental disorder like OSDD. I've seen the latter start letting up over the past few years. I'm sorry that some people who called themselves Therians treated you poorly. If you were respectful, and approached things from a psychological or spiritual perspective without making outrageous claims ("Example: I am a vampire and I only live off of blood and MCR albums") I can only assume they weren't the real deal and it wasn't you that was the problem.

Nexus Cabler

Lord of typos
There are many Therians who would agree, many of them cite this history in their arguments as well. Whether or not identifying as an animal is the same as connecting with an animal temporarily for ritual and/or to receive spiritual messages could be attributed to the same experience is debatable (and a mostly one sided debate at that,) but the history is there all the same.

For those curious, the website I linked also accepts non-therian guests and answers their questions on their forums --- at least they did the last time I was an active member...(so long as you're respectful, anyway). They take the topic of identity seriously so they'd likely get defensive quickly if it was made fun of. I recommend talking to the therians themselves, if you want answers straight from the horse's mouth. Possibly literally. Please don't troll them, though. I shouldn't have to say that...but I will, just in case this post is somehow taken as an invitation to do so. I just see it as an extra source of information for the genuinely curious, so hopefully, it'll be used as such.
Thank you for the link. I'd also agree, the best people to explain a group, community, identity, faith, etc, is members themselves. I've learned this shortly after entering the furry fandom.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
There was a Monkey therian on the forum but they went inactive before I ever got the chance to speak to them or hear their take on things, so I couldn't tell you. I've seen Crow therians, but never spoke to them as I just never got the chance to (and didn't go out of my way to say something on the forum unless it added to the conversation in some way,). I did have a friend who was a Dolphin, but she was also a highly spiritual person who identified as a Starseed overall --- and believed that water and it's creatures had a place on the planet she was from. Whether you believe in Starseeds or not, I thought the association was pretty interesting. She too wound up leaving the community due to exhaustion with it, haha.

I'm not sure what you mean by "animal question" so I don't quite know how to approach it.
Nah what I mean is the animals themselves. Chimpanzees and Octopuses in particular have been observed having comprehension of some pretty abstract ideas.

Like, Chimpanzees have been observed having comprehension of religion

Some Scientists believe Cephalopods have concepts of Grammar

The "Animal Question" was the other person saying if animals could be, like, reverse Therians. You said likely not, due to intelligence constraints. I definitely think you're right with the given example of snails. They aren't really smart enough.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Thank you for the link. I'd also agree, the best people to explain a group, community, identity, faith, etc, is members themselves. I've learned this shortly after entering the furry fandom.

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

I definitely have the bias of being a former member, changing over the years, and leaving the identity behind due to discontent with the community's changing attitude, as well as because the label was so dualistic with my overall spirituality (I am an eclectic witch,) and psychological makeup (I suspect that I may be diagnosable for DDNOS 1a,) so as my understanding of myself grew there was no point in identifying as Otherkin/Therian anymore anyway. I literally outgrew the label by "understanding/analyzing too much" about myself and my perspectives.

So, I feel that I'm not able to provide the clearest definition of things because of that, and would enjoy seeing a Therian explain to a Furry why/what/how things work. Without the Therian insulting them (or vice versa).

Nah what I mean is the animals themselves. Chimpanzees and Octopuses in particular have been observed having comprehension of some pretty abstract ideas.

Like, Chimpanzees have been observed having comprehension of religion

Some Scientists believe Cephalopods have concepts of Grammar

The "Animal Question" was the other person saying if animals could be, like, reverse Therians. You said likely not, due to intelligence constraints. I definitely think you're right with the given example of snails. They aren't really smart enough.

Oh ~ !

Yeah I've never thought about that. I think that if an animal is self aware enough to understand the concept of identity outside of basics such as facial recognition or communication tactics, then it would be conceivable to believe they could form an identity outside of their species or mistake a Human caretaker for their own kin (or vice versa)...but they'd need the ability to comprehend identity to a more advanced level first. Unfortunately, things such as building Grammar and Recognizing one's own face or others might not be at that level...but it's a start!

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
No problem, I'm glad I could help.

I definitely have the bias of being a former member, changing over the years, and leaving the identity behind due to discontent with the community's changing attitude, as well as because the label was so dualistic with my overall spirituality (I am an eclectic witch,) and psychological makeup (I suspect that I may be diagnosable for DDNOS 1a,) so as my understanding of myself grew there was no point in identifying as Otherkin/Therian anymore anyway. I literally outgrew the label by "understanding/analyzing too much" about myself and my perspectives.

So, I feel that I'm not able to provide the clearest definition of things because of that, and would enjoy seeing a Therian explain to a Furry why/what/how things work. Without the Therian insulting them (or vice versa).

Oh ~ !

Yeah I've never thought about that. I think that if an animal is self aware enough to understand the concept of identity outside of basics such as facial recognition or communication tactics, then it would be conceivable to believe they could form an identity outside of their species or mistake a Human caretaker for their own kin (or vice versa)...but they'd need the ability to comprehend identity to a more advanced level first. Unfortunately, things such as building Grammar and Recognizing one's own face or others might not be at that level...but it's a start!
It's actually just come to mind but I remember seeing a video on Wikipedia, of an Orangutan attempting to mimic human speech.

I also remember Sam O Nella did a video on Chimps that talked about one instance where a female Chimpanzee was raised in a human home like a human baby. When she reached puberty things got fucky because THE H O R N Y appeared and made her super irritable, and she'd freak out around zoo-native male Chimps for obvious reasons. She'd grown up around humans, and lived in human conditions. Sam hypothesised that she thought she was human, but he isn't by any means an expert.

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.

Does it look like I was making fun of them? I was simply pointing out their flawed logic. Because hey, you were put into a human body for a reason.

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
Please don't feel obligated to kill/harm yourself to prove a point or test this theory.

I might not share the same spirituality or beliefs but that don't mean I want anyone dead.

There's certainly nothing wrong with living out the life you were given and you can always laugh in our faces at how wrong we were, in the next life.

What do you mean? I was never implying to kill myself or to encourage someone else.