• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

YCH etiquette???

Is that cool?

• Total voters

Illvex

Hi everyone! I have a question about, I guess, YCH etiquette? The situation is, I’m an artist trying to get into the YCH auctions scene. I have a couple of ideas for YCHs that focus more on the style rather than on the base; for example, a series of stained-glass-style icons, for each of which I would draw a unique expression, but in the same technique. Basically, a series of YCHs united by the same topic (stained glass-style, mugshot photo, vintage photo, etc.). Is that OK to do or am I being greedy and should just stick to one YCH per idea? To clarify, I wouldn’t use the same base more than once, just the “theme”.

Trevorbluesquirrel

As long as your terms are clearly outlined, so members know what they're getting, and you're not ''borrowing'' someone's else's bases without them being marked free or

asking, then nothing's wrong with offering this YCH art style!

Illvex

As long as your terms are clearly outlined, so members know what they're getting, and you're not ''borrowing'' someone's else's bases without them being marked free or

asking, then nothing's wrong with offering this YCH art style!
Of course, I'd specify to commissioners that a given pic is part of a series! And only draw original art :D Great then, thank you for your reply! :) I was worried that every YCH should be totally unique in theme/gimmick.

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
There are plenty of artists who offer "unlimited slot ych" pieces. Some do a single piece per style/pose like you said, and some will have a set number of slots for a given style/pose. Nothing wrong at all with multi or unlimited slots!

Illvex

There are plenty of artists who offer "unlimited slot ych" pieces. Some do a single piece per style/pose like you said, and some will have a set number of slots for a given style/pose. Nothing wrong at all with multi or unlimited slots!
Oh, that's what they are called! That's pretty neat :) Thanks for your reply!